Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Disneyland's Toontown vs. WDW's Toontown Fair

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disneyland's Toontown vs. WDW's Toontown Fair

Originally posted by A113PoCfan View Post
    What do you mean? I thought it was kinda of well known.
    oh in the early 90s it totally was...

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
      But it might have fallen off the radar since then.
      My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
      2. Pirates of the Caribbean
      3. Splash Mountain
      4. Mad Tea Party
      5. Peter Pan's Flight
      6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

I guess your right. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
          I may be wrong or it may have been looked at for a number of sites. I think the bar at the end of the planned Sunset Blvd Red Car line was supposed to be the start of the land.
          That would have been a good location as well, then you could say "Why would anybody drive this freeway when they could take the Red Car for a nickel?"

When I started saying this to some of the kids at work this is how I knew I was starting to get old...and starting to sound like my father *cringe*
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
          -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
            I would not think that people nowadays would know what "Duck Tales" is.
            So? People don't know what Song of the South is and Splash Mountain does just fine.

Besides, Duckburg, Uncle Scrooge and his whole rogues gallery has been around long before DuckTales.
            M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
            sigpic
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
              So? People don't know what Song of the South is and Splash Mountain does just fine.
              I'm beginning to think that the only reason Splash Mountain is as popular as it is, is on account of the thrill of going over a big drop. But I digress.

3. Splash Mountain
              4. Mad Tea Party
              5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post

Besides, Duckburg, Uncle Scrooge and his whole rogues gallery has been around long before DuckTales.
                Maybe a Duck Tales ride is a possibility. If Disney put enough money into it, the attraction could rule the park....

Comment

Iger's Scrooge's money bin could even be the new park icon.

I remember when the park first opened, the studio backlot tour used to end by that "warehouse" where the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure now is and you followed Roger Rabbit's footprints to the warehouse gift shop where they had the dip machine, sound effect crates that made noise when you lifted the lid, and other props reminiscent of ones found in the Acme warehouse. I could see that being intended as the gateway to Toontown. I think if there is a reason to take another stab at the Toontown concept in Florida, that park is the best place for it.

One of the things that hurt the one in the Magic Kingdom was how do you explain Toontown being there when it's in California. They tried the country home/Duckburg theme with the Toontown Fair, but as is always the problem with the, "Everything must have a story" decree, it required more exposition than could be immediately picked up on by guests the moment they entered the land. The vacation homes of Mickey and his friends in the rural town of Duckburg is a lot more to digest than say, The Old West. Disney Hollywood Studios is supposed to be Hollywood. The front end of the park is even 1930s Hollywood. Another "real" Toontown still makes perfect sense here.
                  It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post

I remember when the park first opened, the studio backlot tour used to end by that "warehouse" where the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure now is and you followed Roger Rabbit's footprints to the warehouse gift shop where they had the dip machine, sound effect crates that made noise when you lifted the lid, and other props reminiscent of ones found in the Acme warehouse. I could see that being intended as the gateway to Toontown. I think if there is a reason to take another stab at the Toontown concept in Florida, that park is the best place for it.

One of the things that hurt the one in the Magic Kingdom was how do you explain Toontown being there when it's in California. They tried the country home/Duckburg theme with the Toontown Fair, but as is always the problem with the, "Everything must have a story" decree, it required more exposition than could be immediately picked up on by guests the moment they entered the land. The vacation homes of Mickey and his friends in the rural town of Duckburg is a lot more to digest than say, The Old West. Disney Hollywood Studios is supposed to be Hollywood. The front end of the park is even 1930s Hollywood. Another "real" Toontown still makes perfect sense here.
                    But for some reason, I just can't see classic Disney shorts fitting into this park, though. Granted, they were made in the 1920s through the '50s, but they usually are set in some rural or suburban area. At least Toontown Fair fit the rural setting pretty well.

3. Splash Mountain
                    4. Mad Tea Party
                    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Disney is idiotic for not exploiting Uncle Scrooge in modern times. They complain about not having boy's properties, and they actually have a really obvious one if they chose to actually use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post

The toons live in Toontown in California. They had their country homes in Toontown Fair in Florida. The toons work in the Toon Studios at the Walt Disney Studios Paris. That is a lot of miles for a toon to log if they're going to commute between California and Paris as they go to work everyday, then stop by their country homes during the weekends off from work.

There's one problem with California's Toontown: it's a cul de sac. On a hot, long day, it's kind of hard justifying passing It's a Small World and going down and under those train tracks when there isn't a whole lot aside from meet and greets. Gadget's Go Coaster isn't comfortable if you're an adult and is a slow loader. It's good Roger Rabbit is closer to the land's entrance, but it has a deceptive queue that goes toward the back of the building before emerging near the loading area. You might be in for a long wait even though you see the line doesn't even go out the door. If Roger Rabbit breaks down, you definitely feel the land has no payout.

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                          The toons live in Toontown in California. They had their country homes in Toontown Fair in Florida. The toons work in the Toon Studios at the Walt Disney Studios Paris. That is a lot of miles for a toon to log if they're going to commute between California and Paris as they go to work everyday, then stop by their country homes during the weekends off from work.
                          But what about Tokyo? If they live in California, but work in France and vacation in Florida, what is Tokyo Disneyland in Japan for?

3. Splash Mountain
                          4. Mad Tea Party
                          5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Yep Disneyland's is way better...hands down as it is way bigger and has more gags

ps. DHS is a perfect spot for toontown

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kei View Post
                                Disney is idiotic for not exploiting Uncle Scrooge in modern times. They complain about not having boy's properties, and they actually have a really obvious one if they chose to actually use it.
                                The problem is, they usually want the boy's properties in question to be themed to younger protagonists (i.e., Peter Pan, Aladdin, Hercules). Scrooge is not exactly young.

3. Splash Mountain
                                4. Mad Tea Party
                                5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

^ But Scrooge is what most boys now day's are like. I would like to see more Dr. Van Drake in EPCOT, but as for toon towns, I think that WDW was the best. Even though it had poor theming,and was meant to be temporary the Disney Land version is too cluttered. In WDW every thing is spaced out, I would have liked it if they kept Minney and Mickeys homes but renovated them. The bad thing for me in WDW was three things: One ride, no restaurant,and not enough interaction. Thats all fixed now.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyZealotBJP View Post
                                    ps. DHS is a perfect spot for toontown
                                    Maybe so, but as I said before, I just can't see classic Disney shorts fitting into this park, though. Granted, they were made in the 1920s through the '50s, but they usually are set in some rural or suburban area. At least Toontown Fair fit the rural setting pretty well. And of course, there's the background music for Toontown/Toontown Fair, too (of the cartoon shorts), of which this is a small snippet:

Listen to the music in the video and you tell me if that music would fit in the Studios.

3. Splash Mountain
                                    4. Mad Tea Party
                                    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Comment

Working...
                                    X