Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

prices at the gate vs online, which is better?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flynnibus
    replied
    Re: prices at the gate vs online, which is better?

A few resources...

1) If you have ticket questions, just pickup the phone. Email is horrible for back and forth questioning and the Disney booking people are plenty helpful and low stress.

2) If you want to compare various prices.. the best resource is allear's tables. They include tax so you know the final prices. - Ticket Price Comparison Chart

3) Look at other ticket purchase options if any apply to you. AAA, Costco Travel, Florida Resident, or military base purchases.

Everyone else has given you a start on what the Magic Your Way model is about. Just find the option/length that fits your plan.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas998
    replied

You might want to check on getting your tickets from AAA if you are a member. Even if they aren't any cheaper than at Disney they wont be any more expensive and you will get a special parking pass that allows you to park much closer to the entrance.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

The one thing that you must remember about the Magic Your Way Tickets is that the more days you purchased the less you pay each day. In other words, the longer you stay, the less you pay per day. I remember when these new Magic Your Way tickets became available. Disney wants you to stay on property for as long as they can get you, so they offer you a discount on the tickets the longer you stay. The prices really go down especially after the 5 day point.

By adding the no-expiration feature, you can freeze your ticket price at a certain point, if you plan on making many future trips.

Leave a comment:

• Mouse princess
    replied

A 2 day base ticket with water park option will cost $223. - You can use the two days at the parks and than use the 2 days of water park- gives you 4 days total that you are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Ok... the $90 is for one park for one day (price after tax). If you want to add park hopping, there's an additional fee. If you want to add the water parks, that's another additional fee. However, the more days you add on to your Magic Your Way base ticket, the price per day decreases (just for the theme parks... the water parks/park-hopping are still an additional fee for each).

So (all the following prices are BEFORE TAX)....

A one-day Magic Your Way base ticket is: $85
    A 2 day base ticket is: $168 (or $84 per day)
    A 3 day base ticket is: $232 (or $77.33 per day)
    A 4 day base ticket is: $243 (or $60.75 per day)
    A 5 day base ticket is: $251 (or $50.20 per day)

You see how the price PER DAY decreases?

Now, if you want to add the park-hopping option to your tickets, that's an additional:
    $35 for a one-day ticket
    $55 for a 2 day ticket (or $27.50 per day)
    $55 for a 3 day ticket (or $18.33 per day)
    $55 for a 4 day ticket (or $13.75 per day)
    $55 for a 5 day ticket (or $11 per day)

Again, see how the price PER DAY decreases?

And for the "water parks and more" option, it's an additional:
    $55 for a one-day ticket
    $55 for a 2 day ticket (or $27.50 per day)
    $55 for a 3 day ticket (or $18.33 per day)
    $55 for a 4 day ticket (or $13.75 per day)
    $55 for a 5 day ticket (or $11 per day)

Once again, the price PER DAY decreases the more days you add.

So, for example, a 3 day ticket with park-hopping and the "water parks and more" options added would be:
    Base ticket: $232
    Park-hopping: $55
    Water parks and more: $55
    GRAND TOTAL: $342 (BEFORE TAX)

All prices I took from WDW's website:

Hope that helps explain things better.

Leave a comment:

• Trav1Disney
    replied

a 4 day ticket is $243 if you add on the waterparks and more you can go to a waterpark eachday also. its kind of like a park hopper for waterparks and espn, ect. so each ticket then becomes $293 each. so realy you could do 8 parks 4 days

Leave a comment:

• prices at the gate vs online, which is better?

I went online and the explaination of the tickets has my head hurting. I emailed customer service and had to take a couple more pain pills for my headache.

My question:

On the WDW website for tickets it says the price per day is $90 per day per theme park. But the water parks are $50 per day per park. When I went to do the Magic Your Way and added water partks to my tickets they increased the price of the ticket? huh?

Example:
    I wanted to buy 4 tickets for 1 day at Holywood Studios, 1 day at Animal Kingdom, 1 BB, and 1 TL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X