Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Could World of Motion Return to Epcot?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could World of Motion Return to Epcot?

I think Disney should consider bringing World of Motion back as sort of a companion ride to the new version of Test Track. I'm pretty sure that WoM would really be a great addition to the transportation pavilion based on how detailed that ride was. Why not, if Disney fans want Horizons and the original Journey Into Imagination back, let's bring World of Motion back. Don't know if there is enough room in the pavilion for both WoM and Test Track, or will have to expand the pavilion in order to house both.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
      Funny you should mention that as Test Track recently closed down and is being gutted to make way for a new version
      It's not being gutted, the track will remain, they're adding an interactive queue and changing the props surrounding the track.

@OP: No sorry but after the trouble WED had to go through replacing WoM with Testrack I doubt we'll ever see WoM ever again.

---------- Post added 04-21-2012 at 06:32 PM ----------

My information is coming from reading the WDWMagic forum where someone who works for GM gave some info on the new attraction and other insiders are confirming the validity of it..

Also this:

[img]538437_10150678193678568_508613567_9314419_7850010 68_n.jpg[/img]

It wouldn't be worded like that if it was just a refurb

Also the guy who said the ride is only closed until June is wrong. The ride will not be reopening until December at the earliest.
      And it took a whole year just to gut WoM and instal the track for TestTrack, now do the process backwards, it would take a hell of a lot longer.
      Last edited by Twist1234; 04-21-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Not to mention that the props and animatronics for World of Motion have been repurposed for other attractions or cannibalized for parts. Some things even ended up in California, like the sea serpent currently viewable at California Adventure. Recreating World of Motion would require reconstructing it from the ground up, and that amount of effort and money is better suited to building something new that fills one of the many deficiencies of Epcot.
        "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

I'm thinking we may see small tributes to WoM pop up somewhere, maybe at the redesigned Test Track. But I think GM is still committed to the basic Test Track concept.

Comment

They are gutting out everything except the track itself. All props and show scenes are gone.

Comment

They are gutting out everything except the track itself. All props and show scenes are gone.
              Yes all two clutter objects on the show floor. The rides "show" in the building was nothing more then just filler for the "race" section at the end. The queue however, I want to see what they do with that.

Comment

How long does it take to "gut" a plywood hill flat, two road signs, and a dozen traffic cones?
                It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                  How long does it take to "gut" a plywood hill flat, two road signs, and a dozen traffic cones?
                  Apparently a few months.
                  Seriously who thought a plywood tree looked good?

Comment

Working...
                  X