Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Soarin Over The World

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Soarin Over The World

It seems (a piece of information apparently given by Tony Baxter in Disneyland Paris) that Soarin Over The World is going to open in Walt Disney World and maybe at Disneyland Resort (replacing Soarin' Over California) and also at Disneyland Paris (as part of the Walt Disney Studios Park's placemaking).

Re: Soarin Over The World

That would wonderful! Question is, would you get to pick different destinations, or just one long montage?
    sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Sounds cool, but it better be as impressive as the current film. The orange groove and golf segments are pretty impactful. So I want something like that if they do choose to change it.

Comment

I want to see something like Star Tours 2, where there are many random countries and a computer will pick one at random for you to soar over.

Comment

I think this will be part of phase two of DCA. I HONESTLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE sOARIN STAY AS IS i THINK THAT IT BEING A VIEW OF cALIFORNIA GIVES IT A UNIQUE FEEL.
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
            I think this will be part of phase two of DCA. I HONESTLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE sOARIN STAY AS IS i THINK THAT IT BEING A VIEW OF cALIFORNIA GIVES IT A UNIQUE FEEL.
            It would probably stay the same there I think. It makes less sense in WDW. Seeing Disneyland on a WDW ride doesn't make a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kei View Post
              It would probably stay the same there I think. It makes less sense in WDW. Seeing Disneyland on a WDW ride doesn't make a lot of sense.
              I always thought it made perfect sense in WDW the whole queue represents an airport and your taking a flight TO California from Florida.

"THAT'S R
              IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SparkChaser View Post
                I always thought it made perfect sense in WDW the whole queue represents an airport and your taking a flight TO California from Florida.
                It doesn't make sense, because the flight starts in California because it's the same film as DCA.

Comment

I've never had a problem with the California film being shown in Florida; there are lots of attractions that take you to other places. That said, I'd love to sdee what they can do with other loactions.

Not for DCA, though. That California theme is perfect there.

Comment

Give every Disney park a different Soarin' and
                    give international travelers a reason to visit all of the Disney parks.

WDW: Soarin' Over the USA (excluding California)
                    Disneyland Paris: Soarin' Over France (or Europe)
                    Tokyo: Soarin' Over Japan
                    Hong Kong: Soarin' Over China
                    Shanghai: Soarin' Over China, the Pirated Edition

Then, after a few years, rotate them every year till they get back to original theaters.
                    Then come back to me for further instructions.

Comment

I think it would be pretty awesome to Soar over the countries that are represented in the World Showcase. Another idea, soaring down the east coast seaboard, last stop, EPCOT.

Comment

I like the idea of Soarin' over the world. It would give you an idea of what things look like in countries you have never been to. It would be awesome to Soar over the World Showcase countries.

I never had a problem soaring over California while in Florida. The only issue I only have is that it is Christmastime when you go over Disneyland. That always throws me off. Why is it Christmas?
                        WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
                        DLR: 1999, 2009
                        DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
                        http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Comment

I say leave the DCA one change the rest of them. Nothing was more lame then going on "Soarin" in WdW
                          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                          My company had a special night at the park
                          WdW trip report with WWoHP
                          NYE 2011 trip report
                          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                          Leap year 24 hour report
                          New DCA trip report
                          NYE 2012
                          HKDL trip report

Comment

I don't get why Soarin' Over The World can't go to Disneyland. Why make that attraction so boxed in to just "California". I get it, it is in the name of the park but people just want to hold onto a same film clip until the end of time. I'm all for change and I hope Soarin Over the World dominates both parks on both coasts.

Comment

It's not happening

Comment

I would like to see a random sequence film like with star tours where you get a different trip every time.
                                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Comment

That makes sense. And they could save a little money by incorporating clips of the California and Europe movie into the World movie.

Comment

Another rumour that involves Disneyland Paris. I loved Soarin' at EPCOT, but I just can't see it happening in Paris at the moment. Where should all the money come from to do that makeover. It would make sense to refresh the US rides, since they are in service for quite some time now. I think Disney should produce a new video about California for DCA and a world movie for EPCOT.

As for Paris a Europe version would be fine, but would also take the world movie if Soarin would really come, which I highly doubt. ED SCA only has the 250 mio Euro credit line from TWDC and I guess that will be used for Ratatouille and possibly for ST II and TSMM. I'm still not sure what to think about the rumours of these two attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagobert View Post
                                        Another rumour that involves Disneyland Paris. I loved Soarin' at EPCOT, but I just can't see it happening in Paris at the moment. Where should all the money come from to do that makeover. It would make sense to refresh the US rides, since they are in service for quite some time now. I think Disney should produce a new video about California for DCA and a world movie for EPCOT.

As for Paris a Europe version would be fine, but would also take the world movie if Soarin would really come, which I highly doubt. ED SCA only has the 250 mio Euro credit line from TWDC and I guess that will be used for Ratatouille and possibly for ST II and TSMM. I'm still not sure what to think about the rumours of these two attractions.
                                        The Walt Disney Company is about to save the Walt Disney Studios Park like they've just saved Disney California Adventure. Believe me, I don't make jokes just for fun.

But here let's discuss the US resorts.

Comment

Working...
                                        X