This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Starbucks to open inside the parks

Well I personally dont like it but lets see what everyone else thinks. Imagine how expensive the coffee will be.

Starbucks To Open At Walt Disney World Resort - Theme Parks News Story - WESH Orlando
    Yes
    71.43%
    No
    28.57%

Re: Starbucks to open inside the parks

WDW coffee has been awful for as long as I can remember so it will be nice to get some quality coffee in the parks. Very good thing imo.

Comment

If Disney made a quality coffee product I would be against this, but they don't. Even their hot chocolate is a gamble. Plus, aren't a lot of the restaurants in Epcot run by outside brands? This really is nothing new.

Click the banner! ^^^^
      Follow us on Twitter
      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

I don't know how many times I've mentally choked out a mouse over the fact that I am stuck with a cup of drip coffee that is slightly better than Army DFaC coffee... Lets just see if anyone can afford a cup o'Starbucks inside of a Disney park.
        He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
        follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
        DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
          Army DFaC coffee...
          "Death from a cup?"

They should serve the Starbuck's somewhere near the Little Mermaid ride.

Comment

I wasn't personally bothered when McDonald's was in the parks except when it was massively intrusive like it was in Dinoland USA (though to be fair, McDonald's was their land sponsor). I guess McDonald's hamburgers wouldn't be anymore healthier than the hamburgers they already serve in the park but I wish they would bring back the desserts and chicken nuggets at the very least.

Don't drink coffee and I don't think I ever had chocolate in the parks. Hopefully they'll have Starbucks blend in with theming of wherever they plan to locate each restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
              "Death from a cup?"

They should serve the Starbuck's somewhere near the Little Mermaid ride.

Yup Death from a cup...

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
              I wasn't personally bothered when McDonald's was in the parks except when it was massively intrusive like it was in Dinoland USA (though to be fair, McDonald's was their land sponsor). I guess McDonald's hamburgers wouldn't be anymore healthier than the hamburgers they already serve in the park but I wish they would bring back the desserts and chicken nuggets at the very least.

Don't drink coffee and I don't think I ever had chocolate in the parks. Hopefully they'll have Starbucks blend in with theming of wherever they plan to locate each restaurant.
              Personally I drink coffee, but I prefer non-Starbuck's brands, Starbucks is too frou frou imo...I know that Starbucks has different blends for different times of the year, so if they are in different areas of the park I'm hopeful that they will offer different blends condusive to the theme...

I don't mind other brands as long as it isn't the bold in your face advertising that you pointed out that was in Dinoland USA...and Starbucks IS known as a quality brand so this brand I'm ok with...

Also I feel like I'm in the minority here, because I actually like the Disney coffee blend...then again I drink the tar that they serve on planes all day so maybe I recieve so many cups a bad coffee my mouth celebrates a slightly better blend?
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
              -George S. Patton

Comment

do I like the blatent commercialization that's going to come with this? no, however its pretty much unavoidable as someone is always going to advertise something somewhere in this day and age (just look at the monorail). at least we will be getting a fairly quality product out of it.

Comment

I’m gonna have to say this depends on what brand it is. Startbucks? Yes. Like you said PizzaPants, if Disney made a decent cup of coffee it would be different.

(On a wishful thinking note)
                  maybe Starbucks, being a huge multinational company with lots of capital, could sponser a new attraction or land. Perhaps Colombia for Epcot?
                  (we now return to reality)

sigh.

Comment

I'm one of the few Americans that doesn't drink coffee, so I really don't care about that part. This kind of thing has been going on since Disneyland opened. As long as it's done tastefully, I'm fine with it. If the Starbucks shops or stands or whatever look thematically appropriate to the lands they are put in and it makes all you caffeine addicts happy, there's really nothing to complain about.
                    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                    sigpic

Comment

I too dont care for Disney coffee, I always get the Hot Chocolate if I want something warm. Im not a Starbucks fan either. Im not a coffee bean fan either. Locally in So Cal I like Its a Grind. Disney needs something and Starbucks is everywhere so it makes senses.

I would love to see Tim Hortons from Canada in the parks, even if it was just at Epcot. They have great coffee and great dough nut holes.
                      Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

A Timmie's at EPCOT?

BRING IT!

Comment

I'm for it. I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I know the stuff Disney currently sells is crap and it's really quite crazy that in our current coffee-obsessed culture that it's taken Disney so long to start serving something decent. Be it Starbucks or Peet's or whatever.

Only problem I foresee is the huge lines if there is only one Starbucks location in each park. You're gonna need a Fastpass just to get a latte.

Comment

While I'm not a fan of Starbucks coffee, their pastries are a nice addition for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Janell View Post
                              I would love to see Tim Hortons from Canada in the parks, even if it was just at Epcot. They have great coffee and great dough nut holes.
                              haha we are slowly invading your country . hey and they aren't "doughnut holes" eh their Timbits! jeeze you american's got a lot to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by diznygrl View Post
                                only problem i foresee is the huge lines if there is only one starbucks location in each park. You're gonna need a fastpass just to get a latte.
                                qft
                                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                                -George S. Patton

Comment

I loved TimHo's when I lived within crossing distance of the border. But now that we have them in NYS, it's not as good as I remember. I don't know if the coffee's actually changed or if I'm just getting old and cranky.

But the Canada pavilion at EPCOT ought to have one, if only for cultural reasons!

Comment

Tim Horton's US operations != Timmie's you know and love....

Comment

It disgusts me that they are putting Starbucks into the parks. Starbucks is known for being a prominent brand and I highly doubt they'll bring their usual marketing down to Disney muted standards.
                                      Also it seems to me like they're trying to turn into Universal who has had Starbucks at City Walk for years. Why not pick a different coffee company if you're going to bring in an outside vendor?

Comment

Originally posted by Maleficent82 View Post
                                        It disgusts me that they are putting Starbucks into the parks. Starbucks is known for being a prominent brand and I highly doubt they'll bring their usual marketing down to Disney muted standards.
                                        Also it seems to me like they're trying to turn into Universal who has had Starbucks at City Walk for years. Why not pick a different coffee company if you're going to bring in an outside vendor?
                                        Because Starbucks will take over the WORLD!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                                        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Working...
                                        X