Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Starbucks to open inside the parks

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starbucks to open inside the parks

Originally posted by mickeyfan5534 View Post
    Because Starbucks will take over the WORLD!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hmmmmm........................

Comment

Whe I first heard they were trying to work out a deal, I assumed they'd be opening a shop in Downtown Disney or maybe in some of the resorts. Those places might have been able to handle the lines better.

I read that they'd be using their old brown mermaid logo at some locations, to make it look more old-timey. I thought that was neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
        I'm one of the few Americans that doesn't drink coffee, so I really don't care about that part. This kind of thing has been going on since Disneyland opened. As long as it's done tastefully, I'm fine with it. If the Starbucks shops or stands or whatever look thematically appropriate to the lands they are put in and it makes all you caffeine addicts happy, there's really nothing to complain about.
        This 100%. Everyone complaining about "blatant commercialization" as if this is something new needs to bone up on their Disney history. When Disneyland first opened, the majority of not just the shops/restaurants, but even the attractions were owned and operated by their sponsors - in some cases this led to certain attractions being closed on the weekends because the sponsors didn't want to staff them. Most of Tomorrowland, in particular, was just advertisements for various companies when it first opened. EPCOT Center, when it opened as well, was almost entirely sponsorship-driven and every pavilion engaged in blatant advertising.

There's a way to do in-park advertising right and a way to do it wrong, but as long as it's tasteful and doesn't blatantly clash with theming, I can't find anything to complain about here.
        I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
        -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel:1056747098
          Whe I first heard they were trying to work out a deal, I assumed they'd be opening a shop in Downtown Disney or maybe in some of the resorts. Those places might have been able to handle the lines better.

I read that they'd be using their old brown mermaid logo at some locations, to make it look more old-timey. I thought that was neat.
          If thats the case where Starbucks is trying to make sure that their impact on the theming is a minimum I see good things...once again at the very least it's what is considered a "premium" brand so at the very least we aren't getting Harry Joe's Coffee Shop from down on the corner...

The one problem I agree with though is the impact all these lines for Starbuck's is going to have..
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
          -George S. Patton

Comment

I am Ok with this. Getting a good cup of coffee in WDW currently is impossible. I hate to see the lines for Starbucks, but depending on how available the coffee is, maybe it won't be too bad.
            As for outside brands being in the park, well they were always in the park. Its not like Disney makes their own cola. - its Coke. It all depends on the marketing. Hopefully it will be kept tasteful.
            Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Kodak Picture Spot.

_MG_0557 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

Sorry to bump, but I was just thinking... is it possible that the Starbucks location in Epcot could be at the current Odyssey restaurant? It would certainly explain why it was recently painted and given a new color scheme, and it would also be a prime location for it right in the middle of the park, on the barrier between Future World and World Showcase.

Comment

Working...
                X