Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Today I learned about trash...

At lunch today with some friends from work, I was told that you never see anyone empty a trashcan in the Magic Kingdom because it's all sucked out from the bottom of the can directly into the underground tunnels..... .

Ummm, Yeah. No.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Re: Today I learned about trash...

LOL well I think some of them do. Not all the trash cans can do this I believe but there's got to be some sort of system in place for the underground tunnels to collect garbage.

Comment

Yes, there is an underground tunnel system for moving garbage. No, it is not sucked out of the trashcans themselves. My friend that worked in custodial used to get asked this all the time. They take the bags out and take them to one of the drop off location for the system.
      sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Originally I believe that they wanted the individual trash cans to have the trash sucked to the trash facility, but it was not safe or practical. Instead there are dump areas where the garbage is dumped and then sucked out and taken to the trash facility where it is sorted and everything that can be recycled is taken out. This makes it so that if you accidentally toss a personal belonging in the trash can it doesn't dissapear forever. It also makes it so that no one accidentally gets sucked into the trash cans. Or at least that's how I have always understood it.
        Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Howdy Pards,

Well, now, gosh...are you folks sure about these underground tubes and such...I've heard that Tinkerbell takes care of all that with the wave of her wand. Now, I know, I didn't believe that myself, at first...but let me tell ya...I was standin' right there in the middle of Main Street U.S.A. waitin' for those fireworks to begin and I saw her! Yep. There she was way up there at the top of Cinderella's Castle...

Anyways, she took off from way up there wavin' her wand every which way. Last time I saw her she was flyin' over Tomorrowland...still wavin' that wand of hers.

I'm not fibbin' either...I saw her with my own eyes. A whole bunch of other folks saw her too and when they did...well...you should of heard the gasp of amazement!

And, well, it's gotta be Tinkerbell cleanin' all that stuff up. After a parade when thousands of people are linin' the streets sippin' on soda and eattin' popcorn and such...why shucks, taint five minutes and those streets are as clean as they can be!

This business about pneumatic tubes and such hidden underground that carry trash away to some far off spot "back stage"...all that's just a made up story. It's Tinkerbell I tell ya...I've seen her!

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
          "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
          I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
          I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
          I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."
          sigpic

Comment

That would make relocating trashcans a pain in the butt.

Comment

I'm not saying much, but if they did, Disney would have major liability problems on their hands. When the system sucks, it sucks... literally...
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

I can just imagine some kid crawling into the trashcan only be sucked down into oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by thedude76 View Post
                  I can just imagine some kid crawling into the trashcan only be sucked down into oblivion.
                  Push: You want to see how I work?
                  Kid: Yeah!
                  *Push sucks kid into maintenance shaft*

Comment

Working...
                  X