X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Food = $$$

Originally posted by PSUMark View Post
    $65 list price for a snack, QS meal, and TS meal for one person? Where were you eating??

It's also worth considering how many people would actually buy/eat everything the DDP includes if they hadn't already paid for it...
    a day at epcot last year: brought my own breakfast food (energy bar, apple and water), QS credit for sunshine seasons I ordered a pork chop (12.50), milk (2.75), and because its included and because i enjoy dessert/ on vacation so I would anyways, Strawberry shortcake (4.00). snack at Germany, Pretzel (5.00). do a lap of the WS and then make it back to Germany for dinner at biergarten, fixed price (roughly 37.50 + tip [NI]). total cost covered by ddp: $61.75 dining plan cost me in april $47.00 per day so a total savings of roughly $14.75 which with two days of savings (my next day I saved about $8) paid for all the breakfast foods and bottled water i brought for my trip of 7 days. By the end of the vacation i had enough to get myself some souvenirs. there is no $65 meal plan, current prices are $35 for QS DDP, $51.50 for REG DDP, and $85.50 for D DDP.

there are a few keys to getting the most out of this service especially with constantly increasing prices. A good point PSUMark brought up is knowing your limitations. I'm a big guy and athletic so I tend to eat a lot throughout the day and know after a full day of staying on my feet I can wolf down enough portions to make the process worthwhile. If you know your the person in the group that has a salad with the dressing on the side as your entree, its definitely not a bad thing and more power to you for being healthy, but this program will most likely not be to your benefit (or mine when I'm eating all your delicious left over desserts lol). Another step to doing well with the program is knowing where to eat. if your on the plan you have essentially been given the proverbial golden ticket so to speak, use it. on the regular ddp go to the best one ts credits you can find and order your favorite most expensive thing on the menu, be adventurous your on vacation, and its all covered and then some. when on the deluxe ddp know that your not going to have a table service meal every single day, save up some of those breakfast ones and put them towards two credit restaurants with usually higher prices and hopefully better food then use snack credits for breakfast. at the end of the day if your looking for a way to cut costs that's going to save you a drastic amount of money, your barking up the wrong tree if you follow a system properly and keep to these rules you can hope to save between 5-15 dollars a day but again it all depends on the kind of person you are and only certain people with certain metabolisms and eating habits can handle this well and still have a fun vacation while saving money.

Comment

We've always saved with the DDP, too. We did the math. I guess if you're getting an expensive room at a Deluxe resort, and you pass up a room-only discount to get a free dining plan, it might not be a savings.

(The bottom two levels of DDP now come with a refillable mug, too.)

Comment

I actually worked at WDW last year, I a lot of people don't know or just don't think about things like water. Instead of paying for a bottle of water, go to a QS restaurant or someplace within the park that has a soda fountain and ask for a cup of water. In most cases, you will be given a regular sized cup of water from the soda fountain. It is great water, and can really save you some money. I was working there on their college program, so I didn't make a lot of money by any means. Just asking for water saved me tons. All of the parks will do this! In some of the other parks, the cup sizes may be different, but you can go back up and ask for refills. Also in MK, if you go to either Pecos Bills in Adventureland or Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland, they have a little "toppings bar." At this bar they have things like onions, mushrooms, and some other items I can't think of at the moment. In these restaurants you can go up to the line person and ask for a plate. You can then get some toppings from the bar and enjoy. I know I've done this many times while in the park when I was low of cash.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm glad I gained so many responses. :thumbup:

Comment

Working...
          X