Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Typhoon Lagoon vs Blizzard Beach

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Typhoon Lagoon vs Blizzard Beach

We're planning our first trip to WDW (and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!), and I need your advice on the water parks. We will be spending six days total in WDW, one day at each park, one day to visit our favourite park again, and one day for a water park and Downtown Disney. But I can't decide which park to go to!

What are the pros and cons of each water park? Also, approximately how long will they take? I was thinking we would arrive at 10 and leave by 3. Is that too little time, or too much?

Re: Typhoon Lagoon vs Blizzard Beach

They are both wonderful parks but I prefer blizzard Beach. But if you try hard enough you can do both parks I one day. A bonus to typhoon is that it is across the street from dtd
    Last edited by Trav1Disney; 04-28-2012, 09:21 AM.
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

I personally prefer Typhoon Lagoon, but it will depend on your family's interests. Blizzard Beach is best known for Summit Plummet, and Typhoon Lagoon has the Crush 'n' Gusher water coaster. I'm not a body slide person, so I will not go anywhere Summit Plummet, but I love Crush 'n' Gusher. I also like the tropical feel more than the blizzard look, but that is a personal opinion. If possible, try to see both, they are very unique.
      sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

I like Typhoon Lagoon too, if given a choice. It's much bigger than Blizzard Beach and it just has a better vibe in my humble opinion. I really like the Crush n Gusher and, for me, I'm not that much into speed slides.

Let us know what you decide!

Peace,
        Roo
        husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Typhoon Lagoon has the best wave pool; occasionally, they send a BIG wave at you, after you hear the horn a few times. Also, if you're going to do DTD the same day, it is very close by.

Comment

I LOVE the ambiance of Typhoon Lagoon. It is very relaxing with the tropical motif and the Beach Boys music playing in the background. Plus, they have a swim through aquarium. My kids still talk about how Dad swam with the sharks.
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I've only been to Typhoon Lagoon but it strikes me as having the most thrilling attractions - Crush N Gusher and the wave pool. Crush N Gusher are worth the price of admission alone.

Get there early and there's no reason you can't get you fill in just a few hours. Hitting up both in one day is definately do-able.

Downtown Disney doesn't have that much to do in my opinion. You could also fit it in with one of your theme park days, such as when you visit Animal Kingdom since it typically closes fairly early.
              My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

You need to look at the website and decide for yourself, because it's just too subjective. I prefer Blizzard Beach by a hundred miles, and I've never even been on Summit Plummet. I love the ski-lift, the family ride is a blast, lots of other rides, a wave pool (not as big as typhoon, though). I personally love the snow/ski theme. 10 to 3 is fine. We always get the garbage pale icecream sundae and split it. Yummy!!!

I haven't been to Typhoon in many years because I didn't like it that much.

Wait, you didn't say when you are going?? If you're going in summer the water parks will be very crowded, check opening times and be sure to get there when it opens. If you're going in winter, it may just too danged cold. We went in April once, and it was still too cold for us to really enjoy. It was pretty empty, though! We try to time our annual Blizzard visit to just before or just after summer. Have a great trip!!

Comment

Originally posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
                  We're planning our first trip to WDW (and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!), and I need your advice on the water parks. We will be spending six days total in WDW, one day at each park, one day to visit our favourite park again, and one day for a water park and Downtown Disney. But I can't decide which park to go to!

What are the pros and cons of each water park? Also, approximately how long will they take? I was thinking we would arrive at 10 and leave by 3. Is that too little time, or too much?
                  This sounds perfect. I always get to the water parks at opening and leave at 3pm. You can practically walk on any attraction in the first one to two hours. By noon they get crowded. By 3pm they are packed.

If you want thrills I'd say BB has the edge. If you want more of a relaxing tropical beach environment then TL is the place. The lazy river is one of my favorite places on the planet.

I would choose by which park fits your mood. If I had to choose one as my favorite, I would go with TL.
                  http://twitter.com/wdwprince

http://youtube.com/wdwprince

Comment

A good, general guide is to base it on how young your kids are (if any).
                    BB has more for kids and families to do together.
                    As 2 adults travelling alone we find TL more relaxing AND more fun!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
                    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

Reminds me of the first water park River Country and it's effect on Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

Comment

I've always been almost as happy spending an entire day at a water park than a theme park. I just can't think of a more relaxing, blissful place, and isn't that what a large part of a vacation is about?

My family would get to the park about 10am, find some beds and spend the day alternating between hitting the slides or chilling next to the water with a good book. The incredible chicken wraps at lunch and constant refills of pink lemonade <3

We'd always hit the lazy river after lunch as a family, then follow it up with one of the family thrill rides (our favourite is probably the teamboat springs at BB). I just have so many happy memories of the two. I know the tannoys announcing the park is closing (as the sun sets and the sky turns pink, while we finish our ice creams) off by heart just as well as the background music at the entrances.

Personally, I prefer Typhoon Lagoon but I still adore Blizzard Beach. Like many others have said, when it comes down to it, neither one is 'better'. It's entirely down to personal opinion.

In other news... I'll be taking full advantage of free admission and spending my days off there when I start working at Epcot in July!
                        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Thanks so much for all the opinions everybody! I'm thinking TL sounds more appealing to me, the tropical theme just seems so relaxing. But I still have plenty of time to change my mind

Comment

Working...
                          X