Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday DHS......

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Happy Birthday DHS......

Now blow out your candles and get rid of that damn hat. Your 23 years old, start being a bit more mature of a park and let you natural beauty shine through.

Re: Happy Birthday DHS......

All I can say is................................................ ................................HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD!!!!!:yea:

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Down with the hat!! Refurbish The Great Movie Ride!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DHS!!!

Comment

In 2009, a large group of Movie Riders went drinking to celebrate GMR's 21st birthday lol. I can't believe that was 2 years ago!! Happy Birthday Studios!!
        sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! Lose that hat get a make over and we will love ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam4D23 View Post
            Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! Lose that hat get a make over and we will love ya!
            Only 23 and already people think it needs cosmetic surgery... That's what's wrong with America today! Haha
            Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
              Only 23 and already people think it needs cosmetic surgery... That's what's wrong with America today! Haha
              :lol:

Comment

happy birthday DHS. I loved the attractions that I did see there, however why does it seem that there is a whole lotta park and very little ride-through attractions? -I think all four WDW parks are that way. They should add more rides, I mean the DLR has more rides than all of WDW combined! - Literally, count them and compair!

Comment

I am hoping that one of these years the Imagineers will turn their sites on DHS and put this park back on the map. It really seems to be the Disney park that lost it's way. It always has the longest lines for the fewest attractions...Some attractions like the "Studio Tour" have been so severely gutted over the years there is nothing left but a waste of time. It is time to flesh out and realize what this park could be... a complete Star Wars theme land, a complete Pixar Studios area... Move the Monsters Inc out of Tomorrowland where it makes no sense and place it where it does. Update and overhaul Fantasmic with "World of Color" technology! More attractions, more love, and less hat!

Comment

Originally posted by ayalexander View Post
                    happy birthday DHS. I loved the attractions that I did see there, however why does it seem that there is a whole lotta park and very little ride-through attractions? -I think all four WDW parks are that way. They should add more rides, I mean the DLR has more rides than all of WDW combined! - Literally, count them and compair!
                    WDW is more about the themeing and atmosphere, why pack things in when it affects a certain feel you give the place. and actually the second part is wrong: combining Epcot and MK easily give you enough attractions without DHS and AK to cover all the attractions for DL

Comment

I love the Entry Plaza and I love Sunset Blvd. The park reaches it's goal as feeling like a back lot. But let's face it, there isn't a lot of charm in a back lot. It's small and claustrophobic. THE HAT NEEDS TO GO. It just so does not belong, and hides the beautiful Chinese Theater. I think the park could use a little more property; open up another area that represents the old western studios...give it space and plant a lot of trees!

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                        WDW is more about the themeing and atmosphere, why pack things in when it affects a certain feel you give the place. and actually the second part is wrong: combining Epcot and MK easily give you enough attractions without DHS and AK to cover all the attractions for DL
                        First, I can understand atmosphere and theming being the main attraction at Walt Disney World, so I take back my reference to jamming full like DL. However I did each park, with atmosphere talent in aproximately four to five hours each day. That was not worth 7,000 dollars. I'm just saying, when you have parks in excess of 200 acres five ride through attractions does not cut it for guests who want to see dark rides. -as much as i loved the live talent.

Second, when i said combining the parks' attractions and comparing them to the Disneyland Resort -including Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure, the Disneyland Resort easily has much more ride-thru attractions than all of Walt Disney World parks' ride thru attractions combined. What I have found is that guests like all their line-waiting and distance walking to be rewarded by attractions that are enjoyable and time consuming. -We left DHS very early in the day, because we had seen everything -including live talent- and i had already seen their version of Fantasmic and we didn't see any reason to stay. Nor did most of the guests we had met.

Comment

Yes DHS needs a makeover, I think its on their list for makeovers after DCA and Fantasyland. 2013 D23 here we come with that stupid hat and we will walk out with out it!! I think that they should divide the whole park into studios such as: Disney Studios, Pixar Studios, Muppet Studios, Lucus Films, and Disney Channel studios (at the very back of the park so we do not here that terrible music!) Then Hollywood Boulevard, and Buena Vista St.

Thanks!
                          Sam4D23
                          Last edited by Sam4D23; 05-06-2012, 10:31 AM. Reason: I have chosen to take out Marval studios due to request and real life terms with IOA

Comment

Marvel CANNOT be built East of the Mississippi.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
                              Marvel CANNOT be built East of the Mississippi.
                              And personally I don't think that it should be as of right now...Universal does a good job of representing Marvel in their parks, and I do believe Disney could do better if they tried, but I don't want Marvel in with Disney as it is right now....

The rest of the lands would be great, but first things first, the hat needs to go, maybe they could have a resort wide bonfire burning it in a parking lot, I'd pay 20$ just to see that!
                              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                              -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by DancinBelle View Post
                                In 2009, a large group of Movie Riders went drinking to celebrate GMR's 21st birthday lol. I can't believe that was 2 years ago!! Happy Birthday Studios!!
                                I think you mean 2010
                                Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
                                May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
                                May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
                                May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
                                Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
                                Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
                                May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

Comment

Originally posted by joanna71985 View Post
                                  I think you mean 2010
                                  Thanks Jojo, I have the hardest time keeping dates straight lol!
                                  sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ayalexander View Post
                                    I agree with this statement so much.

---------- Post added 05-05-2012 at 04:58 PM ----------

Why do you all hate the hat, by the way? And I agree with ayalexander. I went to DHS one month ago... I had plenty of time to wander about, sit down, stare at the clouds with boredom, etc. The lines are extremely long for the few attractions there... Overall, it was a let-down.

Comment

Originally posted by Design View Post
                                      I agree with this statement so much.

---------- Post added 05-05-2012 at 04:58 PM ----------

Why do you all hate the hat, by the way? And I agree with ayalexander. I went to DHS one month ago... I had plenty of time to wander about, sit down, stare at the clouds with boredom, etc. The lines are extremely long for the few attractions there... Overall, it was a let-down.
                                      Everyone (ok not everyone) hates the hat because it blocks the sight lines from the entrance to the facade of the Great Movie ride which is a replica of an iconic theater in Hollywood. The hat completely ruins the entire feel of the entrance and make the whole area feel more blah. It once had a very realistic hollywood vibe as opposed to now where it feels like a Disney themed mall with a few rides and shows. No one really realizes just how big of a role little details like sight lines play in providing a cohesive theme. The hat ruins this.

Comment

^
                                        Agreed the hat should be re modeled and moved, I say we do a big bonfire with the hat on the eve before they re model the park! I would do anything to do and see that.

okay not anything

Comment

Working...
                                        X