This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Getting to Islands of Adventure from Walt Disney World

We are a taking a day out of our disney vacation to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I was wonder what the best way is to get there. We won't have a car so its busses, shuttles or taxis. What is the cheapest and easiest way? Any suggestions on how to get there. Are there car rental places on Property? We're staying at coronado springs if that helps. Thank you!!!
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

Re: Getting to Islands of Adventure from Walt Disney World

I did the same thing when I was there last summer. We took a cab, and if I remember correctly it was about $40 each way. It was a sort of impromptu decision, so we didn't have time to look into others option, so I'm curious as to what others might have to say.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

Taxi would be easiest, but there is probably a bus that would be cheaper.
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for this question! I was just wondering about that. So I have an attached question if that's alright.

I know going from my disney resort, POFQ, to Universal, i'll probably call for a taxi to get us at the resort (Unless there's a simpler way to get a taxi??).

I know at the parking area at City Walk there's a taxi area. Are those taxis pretty knowledgeable about getting to Disney World and getting around to each specific resort? (like can I just say I am going to port orleans french quarter resort at wdw?) Because I've never driven when visiting Florida so probably wouldn't be very helpful; but I can figure out directions quickly if needed.

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

Originally posted by kburford View Post
          I know going from my disney resort, POFQ, to Universal, i'll probably call for a taxi to get us at the resort (Unless there's a simpler way to get a taxi??).
          The concierge at your Disney resort can call a taxi for you
          sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Are those taxis pretty knowledgeable about getting to Disney World and getting around to each specific resort? (like can I just say I am going to port orleans french quarter resort at wdw?)
            No need to worry, they know where everything is! When we needed to get back to Disney from Universal we just hopped in a Mears taxi that was waiting right there where you described and they took us to Buena Vista Palace. It was $35 I believe...
            I Have the Best Job in the World.

Proud to be a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad

Comment

yes the taxi's for the most part are very knowledgeable about WDW and other theme park locations in the area as that's where they can a lot of their business.

As for the previous poster, a taxi is definitely the best option buses take to long and are inconvenient coming from wdw. Keep in mind though in case you didn't know, taxi's cannot pull directly up to the front gates of IOA, the drop off area is behind the city walk near the parking garage and the walk to the park is about 15 mins at a good pace depending on the bottleneck of people on the bridge over, make sure you factor that time in when you get there if your going for opening or calling a cab later.

Comment

thanks for the info everyone!

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

I believe that you can book a means shuttle
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Whats a means shuttle?
                    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

Comment

At about $35-$40 each way, would it not possibly be cheaper to rent a car for a day even with having to pay for parking? Driving between Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort is rather easy. I unfortunately cannot be much more help than that as I drive my own car to Orlando.

Originally posted by Gonzotigger View Post
                      Whats a means shuttle?
                      A misspelling of Mears.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzotigger View Post
                        Whats a means shuttle?
                        mears.com mears shuttles are like taxi services

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                        At about $35-$40 each way, would it not possibly be cheaper to rent a car for a day even with having to pay for parking? Driving between Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort is rather easy. I unfortunately cannot be much more help than that as I drive my own car to Orlando.

A misspelling of Mears.
                        not sure how long gonzotigger is vacationing for, but i'll be there for a week which would run a rental car to at least $200. and then i wouldn't get to ride disney's magical express!!!

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

not sure how long gonzotigger is vacationing for, but i'll be there for a week which would run a rental car to at least $200. and then i wouldn't get to ride disney's magical express!!!
                          Yes it's about 35$ each way I believe to and from Uni, but doing the rental option would have you either renting the car for the entire week and kburford pointed out is about 200$ or taking the magical express to the airport renting the car, taking the car back to the airport and hopping onto the magical express or another shuttle service again....and I'm pretty sure they will not let you do option B

I usually do a mears shuttle or other taxi service to Church street in Downtown Orlando as there's lots of good entertainment there for one of my evenings and I've always found that the drivers are pretty good at finding their way around the Disney resorts and getting within your room area...some better than others...
                          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                          -George S. Patton

Comment

Hello, I have done both the rental car and taxi. The taxi was $ 35 each way but you don't have to mess with a rental and all the time going to and getting the car. Disney has a rental car place real close to the magic kingdom and the car rental will come get you and take you back to your hotel. I took the Disney buses from the airport and only rented a car for one day and it was $60, so it all depends on what you prefer. We called the taxi and it came to our on site Disney hotel and we met it out front but just chose to take one @ universal from the taxi area. Both were easy but the rental took more time going to and from. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                            X