This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Indiana Jones Ride at Animal Kingdom

I was wondering if you guys think an Indiana Jones ride, like the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland, would belong at Animal Kingdom. It would fit nicely with the theming of Asia, and would definitely boost park attendance.
    Of course, there's always my way....

Re: Indiana Jones Ride at Animal Kingdom

no it wouldn't because indiana jones isnt or has nothing to do with animals. he even hates snakes as he puts it, not very animal friendly. but what the hell they are bringing big blue aliens and giant robots to AK so screw it who cares about theme or proper location of attractions........

Comment

During my last trip to D.L., Indiana Jones was an attraction that i least enjoyed, and i was really disapointed. I got shook aound so much, that i missed most of the special effects and gaffs of the ride. Maybe it was just me, but i didnt enjoy it .

Comment

Comment

It would fit in AK. If Everest can, and all it has is the Yeti for 10 seconds, snakes would work too. They could maybe put in a snake viewing area after the ride or in the queue.
          Of course, there's always my way....

Comment

^ this is the root of a lot of my and others problems with disney right now. knowing imagineering they heard this and have already started working, it is so so sad.

animal kingdom is about the nature of the EARTH and EARTH LIFE past, present, and fantasy. Yeti works because he is a mythical creature of earth inside of Everest, A world renowned mountain range. this is just a random movie tie in from a series that has nothing to do with nature or animals or earth. i would say it would ruin the cohesiveness and phenomenal thematic environment but Avatar is going to beat you to the punch there. again its really really sad.

Comment

Originally posted by redrhino54 View Post
              During my last trip to D.L., Indiana Jones was an attraction that i least enjoyed, and i was really disapointed. I got shook aound so much, that i missed most of the special effects and gaffs of the ride. Maybe it was just me, but i didnt enjoy it .
              I unfortunately agree. I was really looking forward to the Indy ride at DLR, but I was disappointed. I LOVED the queue - so well done - but the ride didn't make me feel immersed - I disliked that, at one point, you could see the track snaking back and forth in front of you and could see a number of other ride vehicles. It kind of ruined some of the effects for me.

Maybe an Indy Coaster in the jungle area of the park? Although Expedition Everest is already there...
              “Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have . . . I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.”Walt Disney

Follow me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!

Comment

Originally posted by WaltsMartini View Post
                I unfortunately agree. I was really looking forward to the Indy ride at DLR, but I was disappointed. I LOVED the queue - so well done - but the ride didn't make me feel immersed - I disliked that, at one point, you could see the track snaking back and forth in front of you and could see a number of other ride vehicles. It kind of ruined some of the effects for me.

Maybe an Indy Coaster in the jungle area of the park? Although Expedition Everest is already there...

Just be thankful that the darn thing didn't break down on you. Almost every time I get on the attraction I get stuck. Last time I was stuck in the total dark for about 25 minutes then at the same time got stuck right where the big bolder drops for about 15 minutes. That attraction needs a major refurb badly.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Doesn't feel like a good fit in my opinion, and with the same technology in use for Dinosaur, it would be redundant (unless it replaces Dinosaur, which would be relatively easy considering they share identical track layouts).

Indy would go nicely in the Disney Studios, a park sorely in need of additional attractions.
                  My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                    ^ this is the root of a lot of my and others problems with disney right now. knowing imagineering they heard this and have already started working, it is so so sad.

animal kingdom is about the nature of the EARTH and EARTH LIFE past, present, and fantasy. Yeti works because he is a mythical creature of earth inside of Everest, A world renowned mountain range. this is just a random movie tie in from a series that has nothing to do with nature or animals or earth. i would say it would ruin the cohesiveness and phenomenal thematic environment but Avatar is going to beat you to the punch there. again its really really sad.
                    Thank you. Everest is not just a roller coaster with a Yeti plopped in the center of it, the whole ride is ABOUT the Yeti and his connection to the environment. Indiana Jones has a snake in the ride sure, but Big Thunder Mountain has goats, Splash Mountain has a fox and Pirates has a donkey, yet none of these rides would fit in DAK because they are all about totally different things. "Just throwing snakes in the queue" is the epitome of what not to do at this park.
                    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

I think it could work. Perhaps they shouldn't plop Disneyland's Indiana Jones into AK without modification, but I think the imagery and feel of Indiana Jones fits well enough with AK that it could work with some changes. Perhaps instead of centering the ride around the Forbidden Eye, make it about a cursed monkey statue that turns humans to monkeys, or about a giant snake that lives in the temple, or about the pack of leopards that defend their sacred leopard goddess. Or something. The adventure overtones and jungle setting are certainly there; all it really needs is the animal-focused storyline to fit.

Comment

DAK does have an Indiana Jones, it's called Dinosaur.
                        -Jack :geek:
                        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                          Doesn't feel like a good fit in my opinion, and with the same technology in use for Dinosaur, it would be redundant (unless it replaces Dinosaur, which would be relatively easy considering they share identical track layouts).

Indy would go nicely in the Disney Studios, a park sorely in need of additional attractions.
                          That's a fantastic idea. Even if it was the Indy coaster from DLP or DLT (can't remember what it's called). You are right, DS really needs some new attractions. We spent all of 5 hours there last trip and we were done!
                          “Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have . . . I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.”Walt Disney

Follow me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!

Comment

Originally posted by WaltsMartini View Post
                            That's a fantastic idea. Even if it was the Indy coaster from DLP or DLT (can't remember what it's called). You are right, DS really needs some new attractions. We spent all of 5 hours there last trip and we were done!
                            The Indy ride at DLP is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, and is one of my favorite rides and queues in any Disney park!
                            sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Ghosthost2012 View Post
                              I was wondering if you guys think an Indiana Jones ride, like the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland, would belong at Animal Kingdom. It would fit nicely with the theming of Asia, and would definitely boost park attendance.
                              IMO they should really do something without a movie tie in, there's so many original things that they could do involving the general theme of DAK why plop in a clone of an attraction that you already have a version of?

Originally posted by DancinBelle View Post
                              The Indy ride at DLP is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, and is one of my favorite rides and queues in any Disney park!
                              I really need to go to France sometime and catch DLP...I keep hearing good things on here about it, may just warrant a trip to France :unsure:
                              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                              -George S. Patton

Comment

They should put a Wall-E ride in the Animal Kingdom too. It's about the environment and one of the main characters is a cockroach. :bang:
                                It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post

Dinosaur would also be my reason for not putting IJA in DAK. I wouldn't mind having the Indiana Jones ride (adventure or coaster) in MK's Adventureland. I think that would probably be the best bet for an Indiana Jones ride. Not sure about DHS since we're not even sure what the best approach would be to fixing that park yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                                    They should put a Wall-E ride in the Animal Kingdom too. It's about the environment and one of the main characters is a cockroach. :bang:
                                    thank you ^ that is exactly how i feel right now

Comment

I think an IJ ride would be a great fit for the Studios. The stunt show, while entertaining, is woefully past its prime.

That being said, where I would REALLY like to see Indy is at the MK in adventureland! Put it next to a new AdvClub, with AC characters taking occasional turns as Jungle Cruise skippers/passengers, and you've got a whole new land to enjoy! Both Indy and the AdvClub are from the same era (late 1930s/early 1940s) and deal with similar themes (globetrotting! artifacts!) so they would definitely complement each other.

I know the industry likes to add rides to lure more visitors to underperforming parks, but sometimes it might be wise to add a ride to an already-crowded park to generate more *capacity.*

More capacity= less frustration= happier visitors= more guest spending!

Even with the new Fantasyland, the MK desperately needs MORE rides and attractions and Indy/AdvClub would be GREAT additions.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Toad View Post
                                        I think an IJ ride would be a great fit for the Studios. The stunt show, while entertaining, is woefully past its prime.

That being said, where I would REALLY like to see Indy is at the MK in adventureland! Put it next to a new AdvClub, with AC characters taking occasional turns as Jungle Cruise skippers/passengers, and you've got a whole new land to enjoy! Both Indy and the AdvClub are from the same era (late 1930s/early 1940s) and deal with similar themes (globetrotting! artifacts!) so they would definitely complement each other.

I know the industry likes to add rides to lure more visitors to underperforming parks, but sometimes it might be wise to add a ride to an already-crowded park to generate more *capacity.*

More capacity= less frustration= happier visitors= more guest spending!

Even with the new Fantasyland, the MK desperately needs MORE rides and attractions and Indy/AdvClub would be GREAT additions.
                                        I would prefer seeing it in a 'lucas land' in the studios however even if you wanted to put it in adventureland where could you? there really isn't anywhere to build even half of one of these ideas. also no alcohol being aloud in MK would take some of the fun out of the AC.

Comment

Working...
                                        X