Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Indiana Jones Ride at Animal Kingdom

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indiana Jones Ride at Animal Kingdom

I agree with the earlier posts I'd love to see Indy at WDW but because of the Dino similarity I think it's a better fit at the studios maybe as a replacement for the stunt show

A different snake themed Indy attraction at AK could be cool though

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
      I would prefer seeing it in a 'lucas land' in the studios however even if you wanted to put it in adventureland where could you? there really isn't anywhere to build even half of one of these ideas. also no alcohol being aloud in MK would take some of the fun out of the AC.
      Agreed, no booze would take some of the fun away from the AdvClub; however, I could see the venue easily evolve into a more family-friendly environment, sort of like a Golden Horseshoe for Adventureland.

As far as fitting Indy into the MK, Disneyland found a way to do it by building the show building outside the berm. I haven't seen an aerial map of the MK recently but perhaps they could figure something similar out.

Comment

Indiana Jones would be lovely in Adventureland, but as others have pointed out, there's just no place to put it. Pirates is outside of the berm, but the parade warehouses are behind pirates, and the connecting road to the parade route is behind the Jungle Cruise but inside of the train track. And thanks to Florida's high water level, you can't go down to a tunnel to connect. Jungle Cruise is on a lower level than the rest of the park, for the river, and is a total dead end.
        sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DancinBelle View Post
          Indiana Jones would be lovely in Adventureland, but as others have pointed out, there's just no place to put it. Pirates is outside of the berm, but the parade warehouses are behind pirates, and the connecting road to the parade route is behind the Jungle Cruise but inside of the train track. And thanks to Florida's high water level, you can't go down to a tunnel to connect. Jungle Cruise is on a lower level than the rest of the park, for the river, and is a total dead end.
          There's is a potential Adventureland expansion plot behind both buildings, which they were toying with putting the infamous Fire Mountain concept on.
          M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
          sigpic
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
            There's is a potential Adventureland expansion plot behind both buildings, which they were toying with putting the infamous Fire Mountain concept on.
            the problem is however if you cant actually get to it you cant build there.

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
              So glad I've been subscribing to this thread, because I had never heard of Fire Mountain until you posted it. Thanks to you Figment, I spent the past half hour reading alll about it - so much for getting things done today!

Found this in my internet travels - it's older, but really interesting stuff. Is DAK's Beastly Kingdom DOA? -- Part 3
              “Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have . . . I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.”Walt Disney

Follow me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!

Comment

DHS is the place for an Indy ride. And they would have the room, too; they could (finally) take out the Studio Tour.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                  DHS is the place for an Indy ride. And they would have the room, too; they could (finally) take out the Studio Tour.
                  it really wouldn't make sense there, the best position for it would be in echo lake either alongside, behind, or in place of the stunt show

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                    it really wouldn't make sense there, the best position for it would be in echo lake either alongside, behind, or in place of the stunt show
                    I agree, if an Indiana Jones ride were to go anywhere, it should be where the Indy stunt show is in the Studios, and not just because it's past its prime either. There are numerous reasons for this. One is that there is now the Lights Motors Action show elsewhere in the park. Seriously, does this park really need two stunt shows? Another is that the show has become more politically correct. Here are two picturse to show you what I mean, one of a sniper plane from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and the other of a similar plane from the stunt show:

Take a look at both pictures and I think you might notice that something is different.
                    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
                    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
                    3. Splash Mountain
                    4. Mad Tea Party
                    5. Peter Pan's Flight
                    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

Originally posted by DancinBelle View Post
                      I was studying the layout of the MK on Google Earth as I was reading this, and you're absolutely right. However, if they moved the parade warehouse behind Pirates directly south across the service road right there, there's suddenly a very large expansion plot they could use in its place while still being able to access everything and not dealing with tunnels or even re routing the service road/offstage parade road.

But as someone already said, a LucasLand would work better in DHS for the ride, especially since Star Tours and the Indy stunt show are already so close to each other.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                      Follow us on Twitter
                      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Working...
                      X