Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

New dark ride to replace Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger's Spin in Tomorrowland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] New dark ride to replace Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger's Spin in Tomorrowland?

When Disney takes the Buzz ride out of it's misery, what new dark ride should take it's place? Should they update Buzz heavily, or star fresh? Will they keep the current track, or make a new one? Any ideas? Personally, I want to see something new....

Re: New dark ride to replace Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger's Spin in Tomorrowland?

I'd prefer Buzz, Monsters Inc., and stitch all get evicted but none of the above are likely. I would not mind seeing a new time travel ride.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Re: New dark ride to replace Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger's Spin in Tomorrowland?

I don't see that happening ANYTIME soon, but if it ever did, I'd love to see a "C-ticket" dark ride (there's nothing wrong with them!) that was like a mini-Horizons, slowly bringing Tomorrowland back to its roots. It would use the Omnimover system and take riders through set pieces depicting possible, non-ironic, non-character-driven (meaning Disney or Pixar characters) visions of the world 150 years from now. What transportation might we use, how might we enjoy outdoor life, what will we do in space and under the sea, what will our homes look like? This would re-establish the theme of Tomorrowland, compliment the nearby Carousel of Progress, while being general enough (and geared mostly toward young kids) to not "cannibalize" Epcot.

NO MORE PIXAR IN TOMORROWLAND!

Comment

In my personal opinion tomorrowland is the least of the lands that need a major overhaul. Outside of replacing the speedway cars with electric, eliminating stitch and updating buzz, the land is fine. I know I got major kicks out of rides I could "control" when I was a kid. For the other one, think about your kids interest. Hollywood Studios consist of Broadway type musicals and Disney Character meet and greets. Animal Kingdom has safari like tours and rides. I am 14 years old and personally like Animal Kingdom better. (I have been there.) It seemed like it was much more enjoyable than Hollywood Studios for both me and my two sisters.

-Rick

Comment

Although I agree that Hollywood Studios needs way more help, Tomorrowland has more problems than just Tomorrowland Speedway. Monsters Inc, although the attraction is okay is the one franchise that seems to get out in the most out of theme places. At Magic Kingdom they threw it into Tomorrowland because we all know that in the future Monsters will come and tell us jokes to collect our laugh power. At DCA they threw it into Hollywood backlot. Because apparently Monstropolis is located in a Hollywood Backlot? Yeah they seem to not know where to put that movie in, maybe they should just give up on it since its not even that great of a movie?

Stitch is a major problem because it tries to be a kid ride but it still has dark segments and loud sounds that scare kids? Makes a lot of sense to have a ride that is supposed to appeal kids scare them? No. That ride was better before because at least the ride appealed to a specific audience as apposed to the stitch version that appeals to basically no audience.

Buzz Lightyear is based on a toy. If they had themed it about just Buzz Lightyear space ranger it would have been fine, but they made it about Buzz as a toy. Toys are neither futuristic or Sci fi. Although it might be the least of the worries for Tomorrowland, it makes little sense.

I would rank these issues as one of the lesser evils in WDW. DHS, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT all deserve way more attention the Magic Kingdom.

Comment

The Buzz Lightyear ride is great and they have no reason to get rid of it. So they won't.

Comment

I agree with what was said above, the pixarization of the parks if you will has to stop. there is a pixar land, that is where all the pixar stuff can go. hell make a pixar park for all i care just keep it somehow organised as opposed to putting a little bit of it everywhere.

as for tomorrowland, move laugh floor to dhs as part of pixar land, redo stitch back to the original alien encounter, keep buzz with an updating, put the horizons concept from above where monsters inc currently is. that would be fine for tomorrowland. Magic kingdom does not need much work.

Comment

Pixar is just fine in the parks, whether it be Tomorrowland, Epcot, or all the other places they're in. Pixar is a Disney studio and it belongs in Disney parks. Tomorrowland can be as cartoony and mish-mashy as it wants, because once they built Future World in Epcot, Tomorrowland no longer had any reason to keep any feet in realism. It's in the Magic Kingdom. Let it be fantastical. The Seas is in Future World and has a Nemo layover, and it fits perfectly. They're still educating about seas, just using the Nemo characters, which gets kids more involved and interested. The Pixarification of the parks doesn't need to stop.

That being said, I don't see the Buzz ride going away any time soon. It's still very popular. Although if it were ever to go into a major refurb, I would want the guns from the Disneyland version added to it. Those guns make the ride so much better!

Click the banner! ^^^^
                Follow us on Twitter
                @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
                  Pixar is just fine in the parks, whether it be Tomorrowland, Epcot, or all the other places they're in. Pixar is a Disney studio and it belongs in Disney parks. Tomorrowland can be as cartoony and mish-mashy as it wants, because once they built Future World in Epcot, Tomorrowland no longer had any reason to keep any feet in realism. It's in the Magic Kingdom. Let it be fantastical. The Seas is in Future World and has a Nemo layover, and it fits perfectly. They're still educating about seas, just using the Nemo characters, which gets kids more involved and interested. The Pixarification of the parks doesn't need to stop.

That being said, I don't see the Buzz ride going away any time soon. It's still very popular. Although if it were ever to go into a major refurb, I would want the guns from the Disneyland version added to it. Those guns make the ride so much better!
                  i don't disagree with the fact that pixar is in the parks, it does work in some instances however in others it is a stretch. the fact is i think some pixar franchises are far TOO involved in the parks such as nemo being in DAK and epcot and toy story in DHS and MK its too much. individual franchises should not take up huge swaths of the resort, give them their own large land where they can all be or individual attraction of their own in another land, dont turn WDW into one big toy story nemo land

Comment

There are more Pixar rides in Tomorrowland than in Pixar Place.
                    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by RSoxNo1 View Post
                      There are more Pixar rides in Tomorrowland than in Pixar Place.
                      exactly, how is it "a place of pixar" if it is only one ride and one franchise represented?

Comment

Of all the newer attractions in Tomorrowland, Buzz is the one least in need of replacing. Refurbish/upgrade/freshen Buzz, and move the Laugh Floor to DHS (fits in with the whole performing arts theme). Then, put something new in the Laugh Floor building.

Comment

Buzz is still a great ride... Laugh floor was really good at first but it is getting kind of stale. Stitch is simply bad and has always been bad.. IMO.
                          Disney Pin Trading

Comment

Still not seeing a problem with different Pixar entities in different parks, because they still work in their respective location. Nemo is in two parks. So? The musical is in AK, and it's a show about animals. The Seas are still about the seas. Pixar Place is fairly and I'm sure when management decides to buckle down, more Pixar will be added to that area. There is nothing wrong with where the Pixar attractions are. But to keep on topic, it sounds like the ride in Tomorrowland that people want to see changed the most is Stitch. Which I agree with. I don't find it that bad of an attraction, but they completely missed the demographic with it. Alien Encounter was so much better. Stitch is in some demographical wasteland where it's too scary for kids and too kiddy for adults. At least the adults liked Alien Encounter.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                            Follow us on Twitter
                            @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                            Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

I've been daydreaming a lot lately about how I'd reverse some of the "toonification" of Tomorrowland and get it back on a somewhat more realistic track. My idea for the ride to replace Buzz Lightyear is "The Flying Car." Think of it as Mr. Toad's Wild Ride with Peter Pan's ride system.
                              It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                              sigpic

Comment

Wait, people dislike the Space Ranger Spin? I'm surprised. That's been a favorite of mine for a long time. Any particular reasons why you'd like to see it removed??

Comment

^^The Disneyland version is better since you can pick up your gun. My only problem with the ride is that they used toy buzz instead of just space ranger buzz. Toys dont fit in Tomorrowland, space rangers do. If they removed the toy references I would have no problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Santana View Post
                                    The Buzz Lightyear ride is great and they have no reason to get rid of it. So they won't.
                                    My problem is how outdated it is when compared to TSMM. The thing is, it's the 21st century. Attractions should all be using AAs and new technology (beside the cute Fantasyland dark rides, because there simplicity is part of their charm) , not plywood cut outs. Disney should have updated Buzz years ago to be honest. After Epcot's Future World, DHS, and AK are in better shape, Tomorrowland should get redone. MILF can move to the DHS's Pixar land. Stitch can get ripped out and replaced with a more funny, whimsical, ORIGINAL (no Disney, Pixar, or Marva characters) AA show. COP can get some new special effects and AAs. Buzz can ever get updated (AAs, get rid of the toy references, new cars withe better guns, brand new ground breaking special effects) or replaced with a new Horizons inspired dark ride. The Astro Orbiter can maybe get more traditional and less, "look at me!". I personally think the Speedway could get ripped out to make room for new attractions, shops, and restaurants. Space Mountain and the PM are fine right now if you ask me. That's how you fix Tomorrowland if you ask me.
                                    Last edited by A113PoCfan; 05-14-2012, 02:18 PM. Reason: Mispelling

Comment

Space Ranger Spin is fun and a good ride with actually show pieces. Toystory Mania is just a videogame with a bunch of LCD screens. I seriously don't see how someone could diss classic dark ride elements and praise something that is barely even a ride. It's kind of scary.

Comment

Keep Buzz with no toy references and make it like Disneylands.
                                        Stitch needs to be killed and bring back Alien Encounter.
                                        MILF to DHS and put in comedy futuristic show.
                                        Put Horizons where the Speedway is right now.
                                        TTA and Space Mountain are fine.
                                        Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
                                        Beach Club - 3 times
                                        Boardwalk - 2 times
                                        Caribbean Beach - 1 time
                                        Grand Floridian - 1 time
                                        Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
                                        Pop Century - 3 times
                                        DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

Comment

Working...
                                        X