This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Disney's America Reborn

So I recently wrote a new blog post on my blog about a re imagination on the 90's park.

"As many Disney Parks fans know, in the 90's a Disney park in Virginia was proposed and even concept art revealed. It had the green light from Disney but the towns people and so it was canceled. The park was made to bring periods of American History to life, it was a concept similar to DCA.1. So as you can see with an idea like DCA if the park was built I am sure it would be receiving a makeover right now.

So the theme park lover I am, decided to fix the kinks from my 14 year old mind. One of the main problems I saw was that it do not have a main theming plot, so I took care of the by using the Sea. America is truly a country built from the sea. So from there the lake formed. I then decided to create 6 lands that use the Sea here in America. I also put history into it as well."

To check out the park map and read more got to my blog at samsthemparkconcepts.blogspot.com.
    Also don't feel afraid to post comments and your ideas in the comments section or follow.

Sam!

Re: Disney's America Reborn

I have to admit I was doubtful about the sea aspect, but after looking at your website I'm pretty impressed.

A park like this would make a great 5th gate at WDW. I love the New Orleans section of DLR, and this brings it to WDW. I also like the NY area - perhaps that would entice DHS to close its backlot area (snooze) and put in something else.

Only thing I'm not nuts about is the Boardwalk Area, but that's because I'm not nuts about it at DLR (it also looks exactly like an area of HersheyPark, an amusement park right in my backyard - if I'm spending $500 to fly across the country, I want something different.)

Pretty impressive overall, and especially for a 14 year old.
    “Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have . . . I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.”Walt Disney

Follow me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam4D23 View Post
      So I recently wrote a new blog post on my blog about a re imagination on the 90's park.

"As many Disney Parks fans know, in the 90's a Disney park in Virginia was proposed and even concept art revealed. It had the green light from Disney but the towns people and so it was canceled. The park was made to bring periods of American History to life, it was a concept similar to DCA.1. So as you can see with an idea like DCA if the park was built I am sure it would be receiving a makeover right now.

Actually I do not think that if it was built it would be getting a makeover.

First of all the park was designed to be a local park with no other major competition like Disneyland across the way. Secondly the detail, theme and story for Disney America was was of higher quality than what they did with DCA. Disney America was going to have several family attractions that combined history with the use of animtronics.

DCA had many of the same elements but constant budget cuts diminished the theme and quality. That combined with the fact that it was next to Disneyland was a sure sign of failure.

The interesting thing about DCA though is that it got great reviews from international tourist which saw it as a steps above many of their local parks. If DCA had been built miles away it might not have had the same fate.

I do like your idea.

Something interesting to note is that the original Long Beach Disney Sea theme park also had several elements from DCA and Disney America the most obvious was a whole land based on a seaside pier

Comment

I really like the idea of actually making this park. The thing about it if Disney were to make the park, would it be themed around historical time periods, or places in America? Also, I'm not crazy about the rides based on films since the park is about America's history, not Disney films. A Princess and the Frog Ride that you mentioned would fit better at New Orleans Square at Disneyland if they had the space. I like the New York and New Orleans lands, and I think that they would make a great addition to WDW if it was built there. I'd also like to see some educational, EPCOT type animatronic dark rides in the park, like a ride focusing on the Revolutionary War and so on. You've got some very good ideas, and I'd like to hear more about them.
        Of course, there's always my way....

Comment

Thank you so much. I really appreciate all of this, I understand what you are all saying about more rides, I was having a hard time when designing the park on what rides should be put but now I have a few more ideas. Fridays post will be a re tooling of the old now abandoned River Country park. I hope you all like it.

Comment

I love your idea, as well! I don't think Disney will be building any new gate's any time soon, but if they did they could build a park based on your idea. I really like it, keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks, I actually finished the River country re imagination so I will try to post it today

Comment

I got to say, I'm impressed that this level of detail and thinking is coming from the mind of a 14 year old. I was no where near this level of critical thinking and maturity when I was 14, many years ago. I have to say keep up the good work and who knows, the Disney corporation may see this and you might one day be working for them designing parks and attractions.

Comment

I would love to do that Eddie. Being an Immaginer is my dream. Right now I am working a project called "Disney Resort Louisiana" I will reveal it next week, I am also writing a series and hope to have it published by 2015.

Comment

Great ideas. I love the idea of a Hawaii land.

The only change I'd make is swapping out Hyperion pier for a different area as Im not a fan of the paradise pier idea - why theme an area of a park to an amusement park? How about a San Francisco area, art deco Miami beach or LA or something based on the Florida keys?

Comment

Good ideas. I would change it but right now I am working on a huge project.

Comment

Hi, I am new to the board here. I was there for the battle of Haymarket known as Disney's America. I'm a historian and know a lot about the area and happenings that involved this theme park. I would like to talk about what I know vs. what the locals saw in reference to that park, Also what life is like today without the mouse in Haymarket.

Comment

I would love that! I always wanted to know more about it.

Comment

I've always thought that that "Industrial Revolution" roller coaster that was proposed for Disney's America would be a good fit at the World Showcase.

Comment

Working...
                            X