This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] October crowds??

Hi folks. I know that October/Halloween has become a big thing in the parks. The folks and I are still going to brave going to WDW in mid-October, around Oct. 14-21. What kind of crowds can we expect? I'm sure some of you have experience with visiting at that time of year. Thanks!

Re: October crowds??

We have visited that time of year many times and the crowds, especially mid week, are very light. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    Disney Pin Trading

Comment

October is actually a nice month to visit. While its not going to be dead, it will be notably less busy then Summer. Weather will be nicer barring any late season hurricanes.

Comment

October is lovely both crowd-wise and for the weather. The Not So Scary party will also be in full swing by then, but if that's not your focus, it is also easy to avoid. Enjoy your trip!
        sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Agree with the consensus here - October isn't the least crowded time of year, but it's far from being the most crowded time of year. Between the perfect weather, Halloween decorations, MNSSH Party, and the Epcot F&W Festival, it's actually my favorite time of year to visit. Have fun!
          I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
          -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Much appreciated. I'm looking forward to it; it will be my parent's first ever visit to WDW.
            One question: what time does the MK close for the party, and how often per week? Is the party worth the price of admission for adults?
            Last edited by disneyfann121; 05-16-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

If you're there Oct 14-21, the party will be on the 14th, 16th, 18th, and 21st during your trip. Those nights the Magic Kingdom will hard close at 7. If you are a fan of entertainment, fireworks, parades, character meet and greets, and candy, the event is worth it. If you're more of an attractions-oriented person, it has limited offerings but little to no wait for the ones that are open for the party. It is one my favorite events to visit and to work!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                Thanks, everyone. Much appreciated. I'm looking forward to it; it will be my parent's first ever visit to WDW.
                One question: what time does the MK close for the party, and how often per week? Is the party worth the price of admission for adults?
                IMHO, MNSSHP is the only hard-ticket event that's actually worth it. There are stage shows, parades, and fireworks shows that you can't see any other way than to attend MNSSHP. There's also trick or treating stations throughout the park, so if you're a fan of candy, there's that (and you won't look weird or out of place if you're getting candy without kids and/or without a costume).

The Boo To You parade in particular makes the event worth it almost by itself (and I'm not a parade person - there's just a few special extras in that parade that make it absolutely incredible). As DancinBelle said, there are limited attractions open - but they will have reduced wait times - and honestly, you can experience attractions anytime, when you're there for a hard-ticket event, it's the "extras" that make it worth it IMHO.

Oh, and make sure you visit the Haunted Mansion during MNSSHP...
                I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your post.

Comment

Do the parks get more crowded at the end of the month? I figure that might happen as halloween approaches. At what point does the crowding intensify?

Comment

On the nights when Magic Kingdom closes early for the MNSSHP, do the other parks stay open later for those who don't attend? In the past, Pleasure Island was an option on those nights, but alas, not anymore.
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

The only park that is not open later than MK is DAK, since it is never open too late. Epcot sticks with it's standard closing time of 9, so the best option would be DHS, whish tends to fluctuate the most.

The Halloween crowd doesn't really show up until the weekend closest to Halloween, it still isn't a very busy time of year. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially since Halloween is a Wednesday this year.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your input. I'm definitely going to do that party -- hopefully I can drag the folks along, too. Should we buy tickets in advance? Do they sell out?
                          Last edited by disneyfann121; 05-18-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

You should absolutely buy tickets ahead, the later in October you go the more often they sell out. However, don't let that scare you, since the event has a cap and it won't feel crowded even if it is sold out.

Comment

I noticed on WDW's site that there are "advance purchase" party tickets as well as tickets that go on sale the day of the party. So if the advance purchase ones sell out, we can still get in the party by buying the slightly more expensive "same day" ones?

Comment

I noticed on WDW's site that there are "advance purchase" party tickets as well as tickets that go on sale the day of the party. So if the advance purchase ones sell out, we can still get in the party by buying the slightly more expensive "same day" ones?
                                I believe the day-of tickets are only available if the event doesn't sell out in advance. It's pretty rare that the party doesn't sell out in advance.
                                -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

OK, thanks to everyone for the info/advice.

Comment

Working...
                                  X