X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] New Fantasyland Thoughts

First,

Glad they are finally displaying the model. This should have been done LONG time ago, and it should be displayed somewhere in MK, not Disney Florida Adventure The model would have built up excitement and anticipation. Guest would see it and hopefully say "I want to come back when that is finished". Speaking of that....

Second.... Do you think the average "non rabid fan" is excited for New Fantasyland? The pulse I am getting is..... eh. I don't really get a sense that project is anticipated by the masses. I sense more anticipation from the Test Track re-opening then I do for Fantasyland. Example.... My family knows about Test Track, they want to come see it when it reopens, but they didn't even know about new Fantasyland????? I was shocked. Maybe the phased opening is working against the project. I would have probably been better to reveal it all at once and keep it closed, building anticipation, until it was all ready.

Finally, I notice in a resent presentation an Imaginneer referring to the Princess Meet in Greet going where Snow White is now, as the new "permanent home for the Princesses". BOOOOO!!!!! No for the Princesses, but rather the lost of a ride facility. I absolutely HATE this aspect of the new Fantasyland. It is just stupid to loose a perfectly good ride based attraction in a MK park that needs ride based attractions! Keep it or re-theme and put a Permanent home for Princesses elsewhere.

Ok.... done venting

Re: New Fantasyland Thoughts

From what I've seen the new Fantasyland is going to be awesome!.

But I'm worried that it will be so jammed with people that a lot of the details and "magic" will dissappear in a sea of humanity. DisneyWorld is not that fun when it is crammed with people.

Comment

They should have put the meet and greet in the castle. and Update SWSA

Comment

There have been so many changes of plan with the Fantasyland expansion that I think they were afraid of committing to anything before now.

Comment

Hopefully the Meet and Greet thing is only temporary and not the kind of temporary that lasts 20 years. I hope they do plan to put another dark ride in their at some point. If they are out of ideas, I can have my suit dry cleaned and throw together a few proposals to present to them by Tuesday.
          It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
          sigpic

Comment

Is there a photo of this model somewhere?
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
              Hopefully the Meet and Greet thing is only temporary and not the kind of temporary that lasts 20 years. I hope they do plan to put another dark ride in their at some point. If they are out of ideas, I can have my suit dry cleaned and throw together a few proposals to present to them by Tuesday.
              Well Dan..... it may be time to dust off that suit and power up the power point presentation. I was watching the clip on laughing place of WDI giving an overview of new Fantasyland. They clearly call it the new premanent home of the princess and elaborate on how the inside will be full of details. The artist rendering of the inside does look very nice, much better then the ultra cheap shoe string budget the out side is getting. Just the same I would rather keep a ride there

Comment

ORWEN: Where is the Fantasyland model you were talking about, Kidgenie, duckling? And what did you mean by Disney's Florida Adventure?

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                  ORWEN: Where is the Fantasyland model you were talking about, Kidgenie, duckling? And what did you mean by Disney's Florida Adventure?
                  Hi Witches or Morva!!!! your some of my favorite posters just so you know Anyway.... they have now displayed the model for new Fantasyland within the "One Man's Dream" Attraction / exhibit at Disney's Florida Adventure And really most poeple call it something else.... Holly..... something.... can't remember. but since I find it most similar to California Adventure, I have renamed it:P

Comment

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
                    Hi Witches or Morva!!!! your some of my favorite posters just so you know Anyway.... they have now displayed the model for new Fantasyland within the "One Man's Dream" Attraction / exhibit at Disney's Florida Adventure And really most poeple call it something else.... Holly..... something.... can't remember. but since I find it most similar to California Adventure, I have renamed it:P
                    Could come up with a better insult name then that considering it has nothing to do with the theme. Hell, both Studio parks on the planet are low-tier as it is. Our studios only has six real rides and a metric ton of shows, the Parisian one is puny and sad, yet with all the expansion is actually getting a better ridecount so our studio park is looking a little sad.
                    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                    sigpic
                    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
                      Could come up with a better insult name then that considering it has nothing to do with the theme. Hell, both Studio parks on the planet are low-tier as it is. Our studios only has six real rides and a metric ton of shows, the Parisian one is puny and sad, yet with all the expansion is actually getting a better ridecount so our studio park is looking a little sad.
                      Oh.... I was not trying to insult it. It's just totally lost its soul and identity. But yes, it had nothing to do with Florida. But that's ok, it has almost just as nothing to do with Studios too. Like yours, its a bit wandering and lost.

Comment

Why are they closing Snow White's Scary Adventures now when the new Mine Train ride will only open in 2014??

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                          Why are they closing Snow White's Scary Adventures now when the new Mine Train ride will only open in 2014??
                          I'm going to put my two cents in that Snow White's Scary Adventures is giving away to The Seven Dwarves Mine Train set to open in 2014, and it being the reason why SWSA is being made way for the princess meet and greets. Also there have been rumors going around that there will be a movie based on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, if the rumors come true, there could be a possibility that MTWR will be brought back. Who thinks that a return of MTWR would make a great addition to the New Fantasyland, know that it was in that area of MK where it was located before being done away with in favor of Winnie The Pooh.

Comment

Why this model, your witch-liness. It's on display in DHS as part of the One Man's Dream exhibit.

Detail photos here:

Last edited by Dustysage; 05-22-2012, 10:52 AM. Reason: fixed images

Comment

Fantasyland is supposed to deal with existing capacity issues, not make them worse. It was never supposed to be this big grand deal, even if Disney likes to tout it as the Magic Kingdom's largest expansion. It's a nice addition, but it is not supposed to be something mind blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                                Fantasyland is supposed to deal with existing capacity issues, not make them worse. It was never supposed to be this big grand deal, even if Disney likes to tout it as the Magic Kingdom's largest expansion. It's a nice addition, but it is not supposed to be something mind blowing.
                                That's what I felt about this expansion. The wasted land is at least being used finally but only time will tell if 2.5 new rides (at the sacrifice of one) will actually make a difference capacity wise.

Comment

ORDDU: Thank you for your explanations, Kidgenie, duckling.

ORWEN: And thank you for your pictures, Mark Twain, duckling! We'll have to zoom down to DHS on our broomsticks as see that model for ourselves as soon as the Horned King isn't looking and we can escape from Morva. (He likes to control our every move, you know.)

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                                    That's what I felt about this expansion. The wasted land is at least being used finally but only time will tell if 2.5 new rides (at the sacrifice of one) will actually make a difference capacity wise.

you and lazyboy are correct. I remember when the rumors of this were out. the blue prints leaked, and then finally Jay's official announcement at the D23. (it was at a D23 right?) Anyway, there was debate online with one school of thought being "I can't believe they think this is going to beat Harry Potter". I was not in that school of thought, rather I think this would have happened even if Universal had not done Harry Potter. I have not lost sight of that. I completely agree this was done as more of a MK capacity issue, not a competitive one. Esp not against WWoHP. But that is exactly my point. They are removing an attraction and IMHO, in doing so they are being counter productive to the goal of this project. Sigh.

Comment

I'm not sure about the non-rabids, but I'm totally psyched for the new Fantasyland. The mine train sounds awesome, I can't wait to see what the B&tB restaurant does, and... honestly? I was excited when I found out that Snow White was getting the ax.

Not so much when I heard they were replacing it with a meet and greet. I hate Snow White's ride (it scares me more than any other ride) but you can't just go around replacing classic dark rides with princess meet and greets. It's just not right.

I guess they also didn't have to get rid of it, but my parents always tease me about not being brave enough to ride it when we go, so now that it's gone...
                                      sigpic

Comment

I think the new fantasyland looks great the only thing that bothers me is how packed it is.

I wish that WDI, TDO and Burbank had considered just pushing the boundaries of the park all the way to the train track on the north end of the expansion. That does not mean that the whole piece of land had to be built out and filled with attractions but instead have left a nice heavily forested area between the minilands they created. Having pushed back Mermaid and Beauty and the beast further north would have allowed for a few interesting pathways between those two sections and the Dwarf mine coaster.

The MK lacks small hidden passageways that could have been used as places to just sit and relax and be away from the swarm of families with kids in strollers.

Some of these hidden green areas could have also become home to special meet and greet of upcoming movies as well as meet and greets for existing characters that do not need permanent homes or attractions. This would also help with park capacity and would not be that expensive to do.

There really was no reason to put everything in such a compact piece of property when they have all that land between this addition and the train tracks. what better way to increase positive word of mouth then to open up the walking areas and also add quiet spaces.

look at the pictures of the model, the expansion is divided into these minilands with wide open pathways but very little intimate heavily landscaped areas to help place some barriers between each miniland. This is suppose to be a forest but it lacks much of the forest
                                        Last edited by Baloo; 05-21-2012, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X