This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Fantasyland Thoughts

I am fine with the two Dumbos. Makes perfect sense. The first one couldn't keep up with demand. Consistently one of the longest lines in the park is for Dumbo. So regardless of why they are in line.... its a LONG long, and so often just a LONG LONG line. So two allows them to process that line faster.

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
      I understand that the ride is popular (although I can't understand why) but TWO Dumbo attractions not only excessive, but extremely redundant. What's next, two Space Mountains?
      Not really excessive given demand exceeds capacity. Though yeah I can see how duplicating a simple ride like Dumbo would be cheaper than adding new original attractions to take the load off.

Comment

Howdy Pards,

I wonder...as the size of Fantasyland doubles...I wonder if the imagineers have given any thought as to ways of making stroller parking areas less intrusive on the overall Fantasyland experience. I wonder if they have planned landscaped stroller parking areas into the plan? I believe these areas should be off the main trails...hidden a little from view...out of sight and there by not destroying the beauty and enchantment of Fantasyland with another stroller junkyard. I wonder...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
        Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 05-28-2012, 03:30 PM.
        "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
        I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
        I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
        I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Ol' Dan View Post
          Howdy Pards,

I wonder...as the size of Fantasyland doubles...I wonder if the imagineers have given any thought as to ways of making stroller parking areas less intrusive on the overall Fantasyland experience. I wonder if they have planned landscaped stroller parking areas into the plan? I believe these areas should be off the main trails...hidden a little from view...out of sight and there by not destroying the beauty and enchantment of Fantasyland with another stroller junkyard. I wonder...

Wild Ol' Dan

I think yes. I have notice that there really is a very large open space between the new castle wall and the carousel. Its an pretty expansive pad of flat concrete in this area and I am guessing its done so to make room for traffic flow through fantasyland while at the same time providing an area for a large amount of strollers to be parked.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
            Not really excessive given demand exceeds capacity. Though yeah I can see how duplicating a simple ride like Dumbo would be cheaper than adding new original attractions to take the load off.
            Starting April 1st, 2013, Disney will ban strollers from their park, making room for more vendors. Prepare yourself!

Comment

Maybe the stroller parking congestion will take care of itself once things are more spread out.

Comment

Originally posted by thedude76 View Post
                Starting April 1st, 2013, Disney will ban strollers from their park, making room for more vendors. Prepare yourself!

That is not true. Completely and utterly false. They would never do that. Its wheelchairs, not strollers

Comment

Howdy Pards,

In the Fantasyland of the future it is my hope that Peter Pan will come up with just two simple things:

1. Shorter lines.

2. A longer, more round-a-bout flight to Neverland...taking much more time over the Mermaid Lagoon for instance...but also savoring every minute of the journey from London...

I am also hoping that Tinkerbell will market some of that real, honest-to-gosh, pixie dust in the shops immediately around Peter Pan's flight.

I also hope, of course, that they create a special lagoon in Fantasyland complete with Skull Rock and Captain Hook's Pirate Ship...

Now...along with the round trip adventures that they currently offer to Neverland it is my hope that one day we will be able to select one way journeys to the Island. I've always wanted to try my hand as an Indian, or a Lost Boy, or even one of Captain Hook's pirates for that matter...as long as it's in Neverland somewhere. I've always felt returning from Neverland should be an optional thing...

And...I believe that strollers should, of course, be permanently banned from the Island...(although, if she wanted to, Wendy should still be allowed to sing "Your Mother and Mine.")
                  Homesickness would, of course, no longer be allowed.

So, return flights optional, who's with me? (Warning: they say, once you have found your way there, you can never, ever grow old.) The older I grow, the more I think Peter was on to something...growing up sure ain't all it's cracked up to be!

So, what are we waiting for? Think of the happiest things... Come on! Here we goooooo! Off to Neverland!!!

Wild Ol' Dan
                  Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 05-30-2012, 10:49 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

So everyone know ONE Dumbo will be JUST for FP and ONE Dumbo will be JUST for Standby right?? So there will STILL be only "one" Dumbo. They will just be serving two different queues.

Comment

Howdy Pards,

You grown ups are thinkin' of this Dumbo two ring circus all wrong! To a little kid the only thing that could possibly be better than a TWO Ring Dumbo Circus...would be...a THREE Ring Dumbo Circus!!!

Wild Ol' Dan
                      Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 05-30-2012, 10:45 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dumbo loads much more slowly than Space Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
                          So everyone know ONE Dumbo will be JUST for FP and ONE Dumbo will be JUST for Standby right?? So there will STILL be only "one" Dumbo. They will just be serving two different queues.
                          Even if that is the case, I think having two is still a good idea.... Dumbo is one of the slowest loading rides at MK. To put it into context, according to the Unofficial Guide from 2010, the average wait time at Dumbo to load 100 guests is 20 minutes - average wait time at Peter Pan to load 100 guests is 5 1/2 minutes - and I always consider Peter Pan to be a slow queue ( maybe because there's not much atmosphere in the queue...)
                          “Walt Disney is a thing, an image that people have . . . I drink and I smoke and there are a lot of other things I do that don’t fit that image. But that image stands for something, and you don’t have to explain to people what it means.”Walt Disney

Follow me on Twitter at WaltsMartini for Disney Happy Hour at any hour!

Comment

Working...
                          X