Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Would last week of May be a good time to visit Disneyworld?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Would last week of May be a good time to visit Disneyworld?

Greetings Disneyworld gurus. I'm considering taking the fam to Disneyworld next week and trying to determine if it would be a good time to visit. We are Disneyland vets so used to enjoying that park at a 5 on the crowd calendar, but tend to flounder on heavier days. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Would last week of May be a good time to visit Disneyworld?

well this weekend is memorial day.. that's going to swell crowds.

This week prior to the holiday weekend was forecast to be light to mod crowds.. so maybe once the holiday buzz is over it will be reasonable.

It's still too early for most school kids so it should be fine except for the weekend and holiday.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Yeah Monday is Memorial Day, so it will have an impact. Some people might extend their holiday into the week, so there's that to consider. But if you want to go... go for it. I was there last Thurs-Sat and while Thursday night wasn't bad at MK, it was CROWDED on Friday. Also, Star Wars Weekends is going on at DHS, so that park will be VERY busy Fri-Sun (though I'm being insane and driving up there tomorrow after work for a few hours.... need that custom Star Tours name badge!).

Comment

touringplans.com (WDW's unofficial-official attendance tracking website), is forecasting a pretty heavy week. In terms of crowds, here are the corresponding dates on a scale of 1 (lightest attendance) to 10 (heaviest attendance)...

5/28 - 9/10
        5/29 - 9/10
        5/30 - 6/10
        5/31 - 6/10
        6/1 - 6/10
        6/2 - 6/10
        6/3 - 6/10

Comment

I would suggest checking out EasyWDW. Josh run this awesome site and gives a good run down of crowd/touring strategies.

05 May 2012 Crowd Calendar

Comment

Ok I was at DHS today (well, technically yesterday since it's after midnight) and it was pretty crowded, but I had fun the 6 hours I was there. Since I was flying solo, I did Rock N Rollercoaster twice via the single rider line with a 15 minute max wait. When I did Tower of Terror it had a posted 15 minute wait but it was less than that as I walked right into the pre-show.

Comment

Working...
            X