This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that ruin your day at Disney

When I went with my class to grad night I was told that I just wanted to do what I wanted to do instead of doing what they wanted, even though THEY came to ME because I was the "GPS" of disneyland, and they asked ME what was good, and what to ride. So later that night my friend said that no one wanted to ride with me, so I said ok. And made my way toward the mansion where I rode repeatedly for most of the night.
    BUT
    afterwards they called me and told me to meet the class at Indy, and we all rode together, and my friend apologized.

IDK why I felt led to share that...and here......but oh well

Comment

I had a kidney stone at Tutto Italia and it was still the best meal of the week!

Comment

Something that almost ruined my day at Disney world one day; I was walking along when I suddenly smelled a STRONG odor of cigarette smoke. I instinctively waved my hand in front of my face which angered the offender, whom I had not seen at first glance. He seemed to be trying to start a fight with me until I figured out he was just showing off for his girl friend. At that point it was easy to disarm him and get him to rethink his actions but it was tense there for a few minutes.

Comment

I was waiting with my dad at a designated smoking area, and overheard two people complaining loudly that they had to stay in a specific area to smoke. One person said "Well Walt Disney smoked!" I was very close to yelling back, "Yeah, and he died of lung cancer!" but I didn't want to get involved with people who were being so stupid. It left me frustrated for quite a while.
          sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Ya, the guy told me "you have to die of something".
            My wifes parents both died at 62 from smoking. My dad didn't smoke and died at 93 so he got to live 50% longer.
            Last edited by ScottG; 07-13-2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

This didn't ruin my day, but it did ruin maybe 3 minutes, but me and my wife were in line for Toy Story Mania, but we were in that last part where you're next to get on the ride and everyone is separated into rows. ("How many in your party? row 1. How many in your party? row 2." Etc.) Well we were in row 2 about to get on the ride, and when the air gates opened, a mom from row 1 pushed two of her kids right in front of us and into our seats, and then got mad at me when I called her out. Yeah, I'm the jerk that made her family wait one more ride cycle because they can't function under the basic social laws of queuing.

Click the banner! ^^^^
              Follow us on Twitter
              @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
              Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Good for you Pizzpants. Maybe she'll think twice about being so rude the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottG View Post
                  Something that almost ruined my day at Disney world one day; I was walking along when I suddenly smelled a STRONG odor of cigarette smoke. I instinctively waved my hand in front of my face which angered the offender, whom I had not seen at first glance. He seemed to be trying to start a fight with me until I figured out he was just showing off for his girl friend. At that point it was easy to disarm him and get him to rethink his actions but it was tense there for a few minutes.
                  Howdy ScottG,

The truth of it is that the Human Being can be an incredibly stupid critter. Smoking in 2012 is a perfect example of that. It's rude, it stinks, it WILL kill ya, and second hand smoke can hurt those around ya.

There is a reason they've sectioned off small out-of-way places for nicotine addicts. Smoking is really no longer a socially acceptable thing. Too much is known about it...it stinks, it WILL kill ya, and, in this day and age, it is downright rude...and downright foolish.

Now, why do I feel so strongly about this? Well, I lost both of my parents to smoking related illnesses. Lung Cancer and Emphysema. We lost people like Walt Disney and John Wayne because of smoking...

Not much was known about the dangers of smoking in the 1920's, 30's, 40's and even 50's...Hollywood, having no conscience whatsoever, tried to make it look cool. And, sadly, some movies still do that...can you believe Avatar, supposedly set in the distant future, with a chain smoker? Or Titanic?

Encountering smoke filled air these days...it's hard to believe people still live like that. And they care nothing about themselves or others... This is 2012, read the papers...smoking is stupid...it kills ya...it hurts others...it stinks! There is absolutely nothing cool, nothing smart, nothing in any way intelligent about being a fool. Nothing whatsoever...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
                  Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 07-15-2012, 12:42 PM.
                  "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
                  I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
                  I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
                  I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."
                  sigpic

Comment

A stroller ran over my fot in flip flops and i got so mad i thought about hurting them because that kid in the stroller was fat.
                    Last edited by PerrySimon; 07-16-2012, 06:52 AM.
                    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
                    Beach Club - 3 times
                    Boardwalk - 2 times
                    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
                    Grand Floridian - 1 time
                    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
                    Pop Century - 3 times
                    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Ol' Dan View Post
                      Howdy ScottG,

The truth of it is that the Human Being can be an incredibly stupid critter. Smoking in 2012 is a perfect example of that. It's rude, it stinks, it WILL kill ya, and second hand smoke can hurt those around ya.

There is a reason they've sectioned off small out-of-way places for nicotine addicts. Smoking is really no longer a socially acceptable thing. Too much is known about it...it stinks, it WILL kill ya, and, in this day and age, it is downright rude...and downright foolish.

Now, why do I feel so strongly about this? Well, I lost both of my parents to smoking related illnesses. Lung Cancer and Emphysema. We lost people like Walt Disney and John Wayne because of smoking...

Not much was known about the dangers of smoking in the 1920's, 30's, 40's and even 50's...Hollywood, having no conscience whatsoever, tried to make it look cool. And, sadly, some movies still do that...can you believe Avatar, supposedly set in the distant future, with a chain smoker? Or Titanic?

Encountering smoke filled air these days...it's hard to believe people still live like that. And they care nothing about themselves or others... This is 2012, read the papers...smoking is stupid...it kills ya...it hurts others...it stinks! There is absolutely nothing cool, nothing smart, nothing in any way intelligent about being a fool. Nothing whatsoever...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
                      True, true, true!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Probably one of the most obnoxious things that's a regular annoyance for me is the feeling of utter embarrassment when my pass gets scanned at the turnstiles and my really unattractive photo ID pops up.

I needed to update my ID about two years ago because the old one was taken when I was about nine and wow was the new one really, really unflattering!

However, when I got my pass renewed and upgraded to a Premiere, we did so at WDW (instead of Disneyland which we're long time APs) and the card I got lacked the Photo Pass scanner thing.

So when I got back to California I couldn't get it changed...unless I had to completely re-register my pass which expires in about a month anyway. So not really worth it until I get a new card.

And while that's just annoying, man, some of the looks I've gotten from turnstile CMs are super obnoxious! One even told me that I should really get it changed all the while with this pretty odd expression.

Doesn't really ruin my day, but annoying every time? Yes.
                        My goal in life is to be a tumblr famous Jungle Cruise Skipper.
                        Gotta dream big.
                        El Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                          My motto is, "If you don't have fun on your vacation, it's your own fault!". I believe that, and I can honestly say that all of my vacations have been successful. The Disney ones, and the non-Disney ones as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X