Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 4 parks, 1 day...can it be done?!

Hello from Seattle! I will be in Orlando and at the parks for ONE DAY ONLY in June. I have been to Disneyland a handful of times but never to Disneyworld. Using Ridemax, I want to squeeze in as many rides as possible in the mere 15 hours the parks will be opened. Hypothetically, it says I can do it...is this insane? Advice from anyone that has done it before?

Thanks!

Re: 4 parks, 1 day...can it be done?!

I've never done it, and it doesn't sound like the best idea...even if it's technically possible. How many rides would you plan on riding at each park? Are you going to have your own method of transportation, or do you intend on riding the monorails and buses?

When you factor in wait times for rides that you won't have a Fastpass for and the length of time it takes to get around the massive park grounds via monorail and buses...I don't think it would be a good idea, if it's even possible. The last time I went (September of 2011), it was enough of a pain to go between EPCOT and the Animal Kingdom in a day.
    Last edited by JunoMacGuff; 06-03-2012, 11:05 PM. Reason: Went in 2011, not 2010...oops!

Comment

I haven't done it before, but I have tried to do it before and have come up a ride or four short, but if you NEVER stop I suppose that it's possible to accomplish, but you're going to be VERY rushed I think because of the transit issues...BUT GOOD LUCK let us know how it goes!
      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
      -George S. Patton

Comment

I did it when I was on the College Program. A group of us got our picture in front of all the Park icons. we were able to do a couple rides here and there, and eat!

You just need patience!
        The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Comment

I have done it but it is a lot of rushing around. I don't recommend it. And I had a rental car so I didnot rely on Disney transportation. Just pick 2 parks and stick with that. All 4 gets a bit hectic.
          Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Howdy Pard,

Well...my answer would be...why on earth would you even attempt it?

First, it's kinda obvious you don't have any idea just how big Walt Disney World is...

Second, it would be far, far wiser to pick just one or maybe two parks...and then just
            take your time and savor the magic. There is so much more to these parks than "rides".
            You are thinking about the Walt Disney World experience all wrong.

As an example...World Showcase in Epcot offers pavilions representing Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, France, England, Canada and others...including America... Not many rides but a wonderful journey...

The Disney Parks are designed to be savored like a fine meal...not gulped on the run like a take out window at McDonalds.

If I were you I'd pick the Magic Kingdom...and dedicate myself to exploring as much of it as I possibly could...taking my time and savoring as many of the delightful details as I could...

Think of a Walt Disney World visit as a big, ol' beautiful banana split. If you take your time and savor it each spoonful is a delight. If you try to eat the thing too fast you are gonna get this funny feelin' that some call "brain freeze"...

You are on a journey into a world of wonder, joy, and delight. Not on a mission to ride every roller coaster until you drop. If that's what you want to do...don't travel all the way across country to do it...you'll find roller coaster parks much, much closer to home...

I would certainly NEVER try to fit in four parks in one day. What would be the point? One park in four days makes far better sense.

Enjoy your trip...no matter what you do... and, uh, if I wanted to visit a second park in one day it would be Epcot...where I could have a nice relaxing dinner in whatever country I was in the mood to experience...

Walt Disney World can...and should... be soooooo much more than just "rides". Wear comfortable shoes this place is huge....

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
            Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 05-30-2012, 11:18 AM.
            "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
            I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
            I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
            I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."
            sigpic

Comment

You hit the nail on the head there, Dan. I think it detracts from the unique wonder of Disney World if you try to rush to hit as many attractions as possible in a ridiculously small time frame instead of simply taking some time to appreciate it all. And believe me, Joanna, there's plenty of rides that you won't be content with riding just once.

Comment

I would certainly NEVER try to fit in four parks in one day. What would be the point? One park in four days makes far better sense.
                THIS! We went for 8 days in 2010 and it wasn't enough time...

Comment

I can't even do Epcot in one day.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                  Follow us on Twitter
                  @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                  Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Maybe once WDW starts their Xpass program, this might be more easier to do.

Comment

It can be done but you will be EXHAUSTED.

Two weeks ago I did 3 parks in one day (DHS/Epcot/MK) and by 5pm I was just done and OVER IT. I went back to my hotel and relaxed for awhile, then went to the outlet mall nearby for dinner and a little shopping, then Buffalo Wild Wings at the Crossroads for more food after that.

Comment

If you do want to do it I would go to Animal Kingdom first as soon as the park opens considering it closes the earliest. If your in that much of a rush, try to avoid rides that repeat at Disneyland and focus on the WDW Exclusives.

Park car in Magic Kingdom Parking Lot and take Disney Bus to Animal Kingdom in time for park opening.

9:00AM - 12:00PM
                        Get a Fastpass for Expedition Everest, go on Kilimanjaro Safaris, DINOSAUR, Expedition Everest, get Fastpass for Kali River Rapids, see Festival of the Lion King - TAKE BUS TO HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

12:30PM - 4:30PM
                        Get Fastpass for Rock n Roller Coaster, see Lights, Motors, Action! OR Beauty and the Beast OR Indiana Jones, ride Rock n Roller Coaster, ride The Great Movie Ride - TAKE BOAT TO EPCOT WORLD SHOWCASE

5:00PM - 8:30PM
                        Ride Maelstrom, The Gran Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros, get a Fastpass for Mission SPACE, Ellen's Energy Adventure?, Living With the Land, The Seas With Nemo and Friends or Journey into Imagination, ride Mission SPACE, - TAKE MONORAIL TO MAGIC KINGDOM

9:00PM - 11:00PM
                        See the Carousel of Progress, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Mickey's PhilarMagic, Hall of Presidents or Country Bear Jamboree, if you have time anything else - GO HOME AT MAGIC KINGDOM PARK CLOSING AND SLEEP FOR 4 DAYS

Good luck.

(If you need to eat, do it on the bus/boat/monorail and buy something quick at one of the park's quick service restaurants)

Comment

I'm going to chime in for a moment, because while Dan is correct in that it would be very difficult to do all four parks in one day....I would venture to disagree with him & suggest that you NOT go to the Magic Kingdom. I suggest that because putting myself in your shoes, I would want to see something I haven't seen before (and IMO, Disneyland is very similar to Magic Kingdom, not exact, but definitely similar...)....plus with MK being under construction currently, it might not be the best choice.

I have been to both Disney Parks on both coasts & MY suggestion if you really want to see as much as you can of WDW, I would try this: Animal Kingdom in the morning, Hollywood studios in the afternoon, & then end with Epcot & Illuminations (I believe that the Monorail continues to run for like an hour after Epcot closes, so you could even take the monorail over to the Ticket Center & transfer to the Magic Kingdom monorail if you wanted to just "see" WDW's Magic Kingdom......I agree with Juno's comments in that I wouldn't expect to ride too much, but if you just want an overview of what Disney World has to offer and you are by yourself.....why not do a little running just to get the general feel of the place? You can always go back down at another time for a more leisurely trip.

I'm like you in that if I only had one day to take it all in, I'd try to see as much as I could. Good Luck & feel free to email me if you want any more tips. I've been to WDW & DL ridiculous amounts of time & I'd be more than happy to help!

Comment

When the Gumball Rally was at WDW we did this, only it was 4 rides in each park. Lots of fun!!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miste2blue View Post
                              I'm going to chime in for a moment, because while Dan is correct in that it would be very difficult to do all four parks in one day....I would venture to disagree with him & suggest that you NOT go to the Magic Kingdom. I suggest that because putting myself in your shoes, I would want to see something I haven't seen before (and IMO, Disneyland is very similar to Magic Kingdom, not exact, but definitely similar...)....plus with MK being under construction currently, it might not be the best choice.

I have been to both Disney Parks on both coasts & MY suggestion if you really want to see as much as you can of WDW, I would try this: Animal Kingdom in the morning, Hollywood studios in the afternoon, & then end with Epcot & Illuminations (I believe that the Monorail continues to run for like an hour after Epcot closes, so you could even take the monorail over to the Ticket Center & transfer to the Magic Kingdom monorail if you wanted to just "see" WDW's Magic Kingdom......I agree with Juno's comments in that I wouldn't expect to ride too much, but if you just want an overview of what Disney World has to offer and you are by yourself.....why not do a little running just to get the general feel of the place? You can always go back down at another time for a more leisurely trip.

I'm like you in that if I only had one day to take it all in, I'd try to see as much as I could. Good Luck & feel free to email me if you want any more tips. I've been to WDW & DL ridiculous amounts of time & I'd be more than happy to help!
                              Greetings Miste2blue! Welcome and great first post. It is an outstanding suggestion.

Joanneorange I vote for Miste2Blue. If you have your heart set on seeing all four parks in one day, this is going to be the way. That said I generally only recommend the 4 in 1 for experienced WDW veterans who want a challenge and do not need to experience everything, just accomplish the challenged of being in and doing something in all four parks on the same day.

And that's just the thing, know going into this, that even based on just e-tickets, you are not going to get all of them done in a single day. Well, not likely anyway, but you can rule out doing all attractions.

Since you mentioned you are experience with DL, skip MK for last for the reason that it is a 2nd generation DL.

Comment

While it's not every attraction, still a very formidable challenge.
                                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Whoa. Thanks for all the advice and cheering me on! I have pondered skipping MK but think I will go for it anyways. I have played around with Ridemax (for way to many hours...of which I am ashamed to admit) and it has it set up like clockwork. Of course, rain and ride closures might change things up... I have allowed 1.5 hours between parks and the system has scheduled in an additional 4.5 hours of "free time."

4 parks, 15 hours, 19 rides. I will be there June 12...Trip Report to follow with pics!

---------- Post added 05-31-2012 at 10:33 PM ----------

P.S. I know, it is crazy... If I could, I would take 2 full days for each park. Stroll, browse, take in the sights, people watch, shows, dine etc. I am going to the parks without my kids (boo) so I can move around quite quickly without trying to keep my eye on them. I'm in good shape and can walk miles in my flip flops (I would prefer barefoot but whatever). I am slightly concerened about the heat...I have been to the south so I do know how hot it gets. But I will take it over rainy Seattle

Comment

I am very skeptical of Ridemax. How can it plan today for a trip on June 12. How does it know it will only take this long to do the list of attractions you gave it. It would have to know today, for all day long June 12th, the wait times and down times of the attractions you have selected.

That said... I would love to see a report out from you as to how it worked.

Comment

We have used Ridemax everytime we go to DL and it works almost perfect. It is really an unbelievable program and well worth the 15.00 or whatever low cost it is. I say we have used it a total of 15 times in the parks and only 1 of those days did it not do as promised. I also really enjoy being on a plan (especially when traveling with kids and extra people) as it takes the chaos out of trying to decide what to do next and which line is shorter. I love having a list in my hand telling me exactly where to go and when. It will be interesting to see how it does at DW. Friends of ours used it last fall in DW and had great success. I have allowed about 1.5 hours to get from park to park which should be plenty of time, right? If we ditch the 4 parks plan (bring sanity back to the day) we will most likely stick with HS and MK. I gotta try out space mountain!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

While it's not every attraction, still a very formidable challenge.
                                        It seems when that challenge was done, the Fastpass times were not enforced, therefore, allowing much less time spent waiting in the same area. Might be a little more difficult with locked fastpass times.

Comment

Working...
                                        X