This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Day For Snow White's Scary Adventures

I still can't believe that they would remove such a historic ride...

Comment

Closing night for Snow White's Scary Adventures at Disney's Magic Kingdom at Disney World - YouTube A video of the last moments of the rides operation. How cool it must have been for this boy and his family, I wonder if Make a Wish was involved in this?

Comment

Originally posted by Santana View Post
        They are replacing it with the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster which will be just a few yards away...
        The whole project is supposedly an expansion, and yet most of it is being built within area that was once accessible to guests in some form. Killing one small ride and replacing it with another does not do a whole lot for capacity, and this project was supposed to be about increasing the Magic Kingdom's capacity.

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
        I think that Belle's Village or the part of Circusland with the tents should've been the new Princess Meet n Greet area and then the Mine Coaster be themed to another film. This way, SWSA could've been spared. To be honest, I dunno why people would've had an invested interested in a BatB village when it only consists of one shop and one eatery.
        Just shows how poorly thought out the project always has been. It'll be nice, but it is a lot of space for relatively little.

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
        My biggest concern with replacing SWSA for the Princess Meet n Greet is the claim that it's only temporary. Unfortunately WDW has a track record of temporary attractions staying on longer than intended.
        I am not sure it is considered temporary any more. That story seemed to really be strong when it was said the final meet and greet location would be at the site of the old Skyway Station, but that area is now becoming restrooms and a walkway.

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
          Totally how I feel.

Is it a fantastic attraction? No. However, the Magic Kingdom needs more attractions, not less.

There are any number of ways and places to create a Princess meet & greet without gutting an actual attraction.

This should have stayed open until the coaster was ready, and then it should have been replaced with a different dark ride.
          Unfortunately as long as Disney knows that it can push Meet and Greets off on patrons as if they were rides this will continue. The cost of even a low end ride is going to dwarf a cheesy backdrop and someone in a costume every time.

People have to remember that Disney isn't about rides, it is about creating attractions that will keep people lined up and allow them to push cheap trinkets... A ride can do it but so can a meet and greet... If you don't like this, then stop buying autograph books and letting your kids drag you into meet and greet lines... because as long as the people line up for it it will continue.

Comment

I like the meet and greets, but it does cheapen the character dinners that they princesses are becoming "more accessible"...why eat dinner in the castle when you can skip it and get the meet and greet anyhow?

That being said, I do like the Character Spot. Plus, you get better interactions from the costume characters when their venue is indoors and not 100 degree FL weather.

I'm sad to see Snow White go, but I agree, of all the rides, that one was the right choice. I don't like Disney's move away from dark rides though. I'd rather they do a mix (as several people have suggested)...maybe a pared down version of the ride that lets you out need the queue for the coaster. I think this would work very well in test track, where the queue is very long, and not very interesting, and there is no real "build up" to the ride. I'd like a queue that had elements from the original ride, maybe some famous scenes, the music, etc...a "walk through" of the history of transportation, leading up to the "future" of transportation in test track...

Instead you get a rather bland wait.
            1982 - Contemporary (1 week), 1987 - Visit (2 weeks, offsite), 1988 - Visit (1 week, offsite), 1989 - Visit (3 weeks, offsite), 1990 - Visit (5 weeks, offsite), 1991 - Visit (6 weeks, offsite), 1992 - Visit (6 weeks, offsite)
            1993 - Visit (6 weeks, offsite), 1994 - Visit (6 weeks, offsite), 1995 - Visit (6 weeks, offsite)

Comment

Working...
            X