This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Going to WDW in Dec

Hey everyone! Ok I haven't been to WDW since I worked there for the Disney College Program in 2008. I'm going from December 10th-16th. Does anyone know how the crowds are for this week? I figured kids wouldn't be out of school til the following week. I'm also proposing to my bf during this time and I want to do it at the Christmas party, but I'm also open to suggestions if anyone has any? Thanks!

PS: Should we take part in extra magic hours, or visit other parks on those days since they maybe more crowded?
    Jeff Wayne

Re: Going to WDW in Dec

I'm going the same week as you! Maybe we will see you with your new fiance!

We choose this time frame because we will get to enjoy the Christmas decorations without all the huge crowds that will come in the following weeks. While it is no longer a super slow time of year, the crowds will be not too bad by any means.

Here is a great site, EasyWDW, that list a free crowd calendar. While schedules and hours may still change, it will help give you a good idea of how to plan your week based on recommended visit/avoid park days. Josh, the guy who runs the site, is pretty spot on with his recs.

We are doing the party on Tuesday that week. It is recommended to avoid parties on the weekends as they attract more locals.

Were you asking for advice on proposal spots etc? I think you call also call Disney and they can be of assistance with making something special happen. Wishing you and your bf all the best!

Comment

Originally posted by tofubeast View Post
      I'm going the same week as you! Maybe we will see you with your new fiance!

We choose this time frame because we will get to enjoy the Christmas decorations without all the huge crowds that will come in the following weeks. While it is no longer a super slow time of year, the crowds will be not too bad by any means.

Here is a great site, EasyWDW, that list a free crowd calendar. While schedules and hours may still change, it will help give you a good idea of how to plan your week based on recommended visit/avoid park days. Josh, the guy who runs the site, is pretty spot on with his recs.

We are doing the party on Tuesday that week. It is recommended to avoid parties on the weekends as they attract more locals.

Were you asking for advice on proposal spots etc? I think you call also call Disney and they can be of assistance with making something special happen. Wishing you and your bf all the best!
      Thank you for the website! I was planning to do it by the rose garden when all the lights are lit up for Cinderella's castle
      Jeff Wayne

Comment

Crowds are very light in December, and the weather is very moderate. Ideal time to visit.

Comment

The Rose Garden! Gorgeous spot. I think I have read this area is closed off during the fireworks show. You might want to google that to verify. But if you weren't planning to propose during Wishes, it's not an issue.

I also found this Disney site: Disney Weddings | Engagements | Walt Disney World

Comment

Originally posted by tofubeast View Post
            The Rose Garden! Gorgeous spot. I think I have read this area is closed off during the fireworks show. You might want to google that to verify. But if you weren't planning to propose during Wishes, it's not an issue.

I also found this Disney site: Disney Weddings | Engagements | Walt Disney World
            Thanks for all your help!
            Jeff Wayne

Comment

Working...
            X