This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Does Storybook Circus look too "dirty?"

In my opinion, Storybook Circus looks really well executed and has an old, weathered look to it. Some other places that have this old look are at DAK and TDS. However, shouldn't Magic Kingdom parks and Fantasyland in particular look polished, clean and almost brand new.

To me, it looks like such a contrast to the other parks of Fantasyland which look brand new whereas the Stroybook Circus area looks to have been there for a long time.

Thoughts?

Re: Does Storybook Circus look too "dirty?"

That's the point of Storybook Circus, it has to have the look of a circus that have traveled a long time. There is a contrast from Dumbo to the other areas while Dumbo is the star and has the most taken care of tent the other "acts" are meant to not be so gleaming. Think about Frontierland it has a dirty/rustic look for a reason why the color of the side walk looks like fecies from animals on the ground. I love it but my only complaint is to the jerks out there decide to destroy stuff like yanking the handles off the suitcases by the train station.

Why do people have to do that?

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

I think of it as a subland, with its own aesthetic separate from the rest of Fantasyland's.

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
        I think of it as a subland, with its own aesthetic separate from the rest of Fantasyland's.
        I agree, I too have thought of it as a sub-land, and in that respect I think the rustic theming works.
        Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

Love the theming in Storybook Circus, especially the train station.
          "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

Working...
          X