This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Ride Seat Size

So I was listening to The Magical Definition Podcast and Jim Hill was talking about attraction seats for bigger sized folks. Well, I can tell you that whenever I sit in one of those bigger sized folks friendly seats, I feel like Lily Tomlin Does anybody else think that ride seats are getting way too big? I mean, do I really need a super sized seat?

Click image for larger version

Name:	tomlin-big-chair.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	7369246

Re: Ride Seat Size

I think this is a very sensitive issue across the US, as Americans get fatter and fatter it will become more the norm that you see seats of this size, as it is now it's causing problems with rides at WDW and DL, I believe that IASW just had it's boats changed out recently to accomadate the larger sizes of people now as compared to the 70s and 80s...

basically it may not be necessary for you but more and more Americans require these types of seats to be comfortable, so TWDC is being a bit proactive in their response...

and while I don't feel like the picture I don't need a supersized seat just some extra leg room would be helpful though on some rides my knees strike the row in front of me badly enough to hurt, others it's just a minor sc...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Comment

Leg room is very, very cool.

Comment

On my last trip, the most cramped seats were on the plane flight to Orlando.
        As far as ride seating, more leg Room would be nice, but I had no problem with seat size.

Comment

Im a big guy, my occupation in my younger days required me to be large. There were some attractions that were tight fits, but none that i couldnt get in at all.The worse might have been space mountain.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X