Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Which Epcot World Showcase Pavilion is your favorite?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Which Epcot World Showcase Pavilion is your favorite?

I am going to make a video focusing on a World Showcase Pavilion that is the most requested. Which one would you like to see explored and why?
    The country with the most votes will be featured.

PS The poll only includes 10 options so I left out America. You can write it in if that is your choice.
    Canada
    10.00%
    Great Britain
    7.50%
    France
    12.50%
    Morocco
    12.50%
    Japan
    12.50%
    Italy
    0.00%
    Germany
    5.00%
    China
    0.00%
    Norway
    20.00%
    Mexico
    20.00%
    Last edited by wdwprince; 07-18-2012, 11:04 AM.
    http://twitter.com/wdwprince

http://youtube.com/wdwprince

Re: Which Epcot World Showcase Pavilion is your favorite?

I vote Canada though my true favorite is the American Adventure. Canada is very well detailed and, I learned a lot about the country from the CircleVision show I never knew it had some Celtic origins!!!! I hope to return for a vacation soon (Canada that is). However I'll always be home on Main Street USA

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SparkChaser View Post
      I vote Canada though my true favorite is the American Adventure. Canada is very well detailed and, I learned a lot about the country from the CircleVision show I never knew it had some Celtic origins!!!! I hope to return for a vacation soon (Canada that is). However I'll always be home on Main Street USA

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA
      If you haven't already, click on Canada on the poll so it's official!

Comment

I voted Mexico. The reason being was that I love how it is indoors and you get the feeling of being in a Mexican village at night with the stars. It seems like I have really been transported. Also I like how this pavillion actually has a ride (every pavillion should have at least 1 attraction in my opinion). I love how the restaurant overlooks the boat ride and the water with the temples. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
          I voted Mexico. The reason being was that I love how it is indoors and you get the feeling of being in a Mexican village at night with the stars. It seems like I have really been transported. Also I like how this pavillion actually has a ride (every pavillion should have at least 1 attraction in my opinion). I love how the restaurant overlooks the boat ride and the water with the temples. Very cool.
          I also voted Mexico for all of the above reasons. Thank you, WDW1971!

Comment

Oh this was a tough call. I really like the detailed layout of Morocco, but unless you're looking to buy something, there's nothing there for you. I also really like Mexico, because of the reasons already stated by WDW1971, and Gran Fiesta Tour is one of my favorite rides in all of Disney World, but in the end it came down to Norway. I like the detail, the culture, the ride, and the delicious bakery!

Click the banner! ^^^^
            Follow us on Twitter
            @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
            Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Ths is a HARD question, since I truly feel they are all awesome. I chose Great Britain, since this is just such a beautiful, comfortable, enjoyable place for me to hang out. I love the Rose and Crown - for both a wet one, and a full meal. The Beatles cover band isn't bad, either.

I almost voted Mexico for all the reasons said, before.
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I voted for Morocco, but meant Mexico!!! Ah well, now you know there is a shill vote in there! :lol:

The Caballeros attraction is fantastic and the Bayou-like theming inside the pyramid makes it a fun place to escape the Florida humidity!

As an Olson, I can say without remorse or irony that the Norway area is the worst!!! Start with a lame, completely incongruous ride, move quickly through The inFamous Scandanavian Movie Theater Trap of Viking Doom and go get sick on kringle...uhhh, owwhh... aacckk! Awful stuff, Norway.
                ~ Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Olson View Post
                  I voted for Morocco, but meant Mexico!!! Ah well, now you know there is a shill vote in there! :lol:

The Caballeros attraction is fantastic and the Bayou-like theming inside the pyramid makes it a fun place to escape the Florida humidity!

As an Olson, I can say without remorse or irony that the Norway area is the worst!!! Start with a lame, completely incongruous ride, move quickly through The inFamous Scandanavian Movie Theater Trap of Viking Doom and go get sick on kringle...uhhh, owwhh... aacckk! Awful stuff, Norway.
                  Ok I will throw my vote to Mexico to represent yours! I like that Morocco got one vote even if by mistake. It's a great pavilion. I like the hidden museum too.

So Mexico is pulling ahead.....

Comment

I love Paris, I love the food options, the little alley, the shops. It a beautiful land.

Comment

I voted France as well because I love the little details and the atmosphere a lot. I am also a big fan of Morocco and Mexico, but if I had to chose one it would be France.

Comment

I voted same. I love the ambiance in the Mexico pavilion building. I usually eat at that restaurant and always have a great time. One of the last times I ate there, my friend and I debated for a very long time over whether or not the smoke from the volcano has a hidden mickey. I voted no. Didn't they change the layout of the tables within the past year or two? I haven't been in that long and can't remember specifics, but I vaguely remember seeing before and after pictures and highly preferring the "before."

I absolutely love the carved and painted wooden animals sold just inside the entryway of Mexico's pavilion building. I think there's a name for them, but it is escaping me. The artists do such a fantastic job - I could look at all of the figurines for hours!

While the ride is no great shakes, it's a must do for me. It's so relaxing, and I've never waited longer than a second. I love floating down the river, between the temple and the restaurant!

My second choice might be Norway. I only very recently noticed the amazing details on the building exteriors - in particular all of the "hidden" trolls. And I loooove the smell of the Laila perfume in the shop that sells it. My mom, my sister and I are Laila crazy. So fun to tell people I get my perfume at Epcot.
                        and always let your conscience be your guide

Comment

I voted Mexico becuase I remember it the most, I love that ride, and when all of us micechatters were chanting "sink the boat, sink the boat" and we pretty much did great question and poll

Comment

In all honesty though I love all the pavilions. I only wish there were more rides and attractions in each one. Just walking through the pavilion and taking in the architecture and the music is really cool.

Comment

I think it says a lot that after a few days, the numbers are not really that overwhelming lopsided for any pavilion. Sure, some are more popular than others, some less so, but there really seems to be an even spread of affection for each of these pavilions. (except for China and Italy at the time of this post. Coinicidentally, my two least favorite pavilions.)

Comment

This is my opinion on each pavilion:

Mexico:

Norway:
                                Great because it has second of only two rides in all of World Showcase. Maelstrom is very fun and a ride like this is needed in World Showcase but it would have been better if they made it more like POTC but with vikings and elaborated more on the ride. The architecture is also pretty cool as is the restaurant.

China:
                                I was actually going to vote for China instead of Mexico but the fact that Mexico had a ride put it over the top for me. The Circle Vision is pretty good and I like how it has an attraction. The architecture is cool and I for some reason have an affinity towards Chinese and Asian culture. The acrobats were cool but they got rid of them. Also I love the oriental gardens.

Germany:
                                NO ATTRACTION!

It is such a shame that there is nothing to entice visitors to enter here. The Biergarten Restaurant is cool and gives off a cool atmosphere but no one goes here unless they are going to eat. The Rhine River Cruise Ride should have been built.

Italy:
                                NO ATTRACTION
                                It is such a shame again that there is no attraction here. Americans have an affinity for Italian food and culture and I do not know why Disney did not exploit this further. It would have been cool if there were a Roman ride, a show, or even if a Michelangelo Soarin' were built here showcasing the Italian landscape. The restaurants are both very good and popular because who does not like Italian food but I wish I had more to do here than eat.

American Adventure:
                                Love this show! So moving and really inspirational. Gives a good glimpse of America. Nice old fashioned Disney animatronic show. Bravo here. Love the rotunda and the Voices of Liberty.

Japan:
                                NO ATTRACTION!
                                I wish so badly that there were more to do here than just walk around. It is such a cool pavilion with the blue and white and the little garden. If only Meet The World were built or if they built a Mt. Fugi Rollercoaster. I feel that Epcot needs a mountain and it would be great to have one here.

Also, when they shuttered Meet the World at Tokyo Disneyland they could have easily and cheaply brought the ride over to Epcot. They already recorded the English soundtrack in 1982 so it would only require rebuilding the Tokyo Disneyland version. Even though it would have been old and outdated, it is better than having nothing there, would have increased park capacity, kept guests occupied for half an hour, and would be a good use of the attraction they were disposing of anyways.

Morocco:
                                NO ATTRACTION!
                                Morocco I think is probably the most beautiful pavilion but there is NO ATTRACTION . I love the little alley ways and how exotic it is. There is so much detail here. I wish I could do more here than walk through the shops and eat at the cool restaurant but I still manage to enjoy myself here.

France:
                                Like Italy, I think Americans have some affinity towards France. It is beautifully designed and has probably Epcot's fanciest restaurant. The film is pretty good but it could use an update. The performers are very good. It gives a nice, clean feeling here.

United Kingdom:
                                NO ATTRACTION!
                                Why doesn't every pavilion have a ride or attraction? It is alright here. It just does not see exotic enough but I still like it. I wish the maze were a real maze like the one in Disneyland Paris' Fantasyland so there would be more to do here.

Canada:
                                Great restaurant. Love the rock work and the Circlevision show. It would be cool if they added more rock work and a Grizzly River Run type raft ride to cover up Soarin and make a mountain in World Showcase.
                                Last edited by WDW1971; 07-22-2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

World Showcase has been steadily going downhill for years. And to change our El Rio del Tiempo for a character ride. Very bad idea! It's about the culture of the country represented, not Disney.
                                  Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
                                  www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Comment

Mexico:

Norway:
                                    Great because it has second of only two rides in all of World Showcase. Maelstrom is very fun and a ride like this is needed in World Showcase but it would have been better if they made it more like POTC but with vikings and elaborated more on the ride. The architecture is also pretty cool as is the restaurant.

China:
                                    I was actually going to vote for China instead of Mexico but the fact that Mexico had a ride put it over the top for me. The Circle Vision is pretty good and I like how it has an attraction. The architecture is cool and I for some reason have an affinity towards Chinese and Asian culture. The acrobats were cool but they got rid of them. Also I love the oriental gardens.

Germany:
                                    NO ATTRACTION!

It is such a shame that there is nothing to entice visitors to enter here. The Biergarten Restaurant is cool and gives off a cool atmosphere but no one goes here unless they are going to eat. The Rhine River Cruise Ride should have been built.

Italy:
                                    NO ATTRACTION
                                    It is such a shame again that there is no attraction here. Americans have an affinity for Italian food and culture and I do not know why Disney did not exploit this further. It would have been cool if there were a Roman ride, a show, or even if a Michelangelo Soarin' were built here showcasing the Italian landscape. The restaurants are both very good and popular because who does not like Italian food but I wish I had more to do here than eat.

American Adventure:
                                    Love this show! So moving and really inspirational. Gives a good glimpse of America. Nice old fashioned Disney animatronic show. Bravo here. Love the rotunda and the Voices of Liberty.

Japan:
                                    NO ATTRACTION!
                                    I wish so badly that there were more to do here than just walk around. It is such a cool pavilion with the blue and white and the little garden. If only Meet The World were built or if they built a Mt. Fugi Rollercoaster. I feel that Epcot needs a mountain and it would be great to have one here.

Also, when they shuttered Meet the World at Tokyo Disneyland they could have easily and cheaply brought the ride over to Epcot. They already recorded the English soundtrack in 1982 so it would only require rebuilding the Tokyo Disneyland version. Even though it would have been old and outdated, it is better than having nothing there, would have increased park capacity, kept guests occupied for half an hour, and would be a good use of the attraction they were disposing of anyways.

Morocco:
                                    NO ATTRACTION!
                                    Morocco I think is probably the most beautiful pavilion but there is NO ATTRACTION . I love the little alley ways and how exotic it is. There is so much detail here. I wish I could do more here than walk through the shops and eat at the cool restaurant but I still manage to enjoy myself here.

France:
                                    Like Italy, I think Americans have some affinity towards France. It is beautifully designed and has probably Epcot's fanciest restaurant. The film is pretty good but it could use an update. The performers are very good. It gives a nice, clean feeling here.

United Kingdom:
                                    NO ATTRACTION!
                                    Why doesn't every pavilion have a ride or attraction? It is alright here. It just does not see exotic enough but I still like it. I wish the maze were a real maze like the one in Disneyland Paris' Fantasyland so there would be more to do here.

Canada:
                                    Great restaurant. Love the rock work and the Circlevision show. It would be cool if they added more rock work and a Grizzly River Run type raft ride to cover up Soarin and make a mountain in World Showcase.
                                    I agree 85% to 100% on each of these!

Comment

Mexico:

Norway:

China:

Germany:
                                      NO ATTRACTION!

Italy:
                                      NO ATTRACTION

American Adventure:

Japan:
                                      NO ATTRACTION!

Morocco:
                                      NO ATTRACTION!

France:

United Kingdom:
                                      NO ATTRACTION!

Canada:
                                      Personally I'd like to see rides in all of the pavilions! But to be fair, some pavilions have what some might consider to be attractions.
                                      For example, there are live performances. Italy has the Zitti Sisters performing out front. Morocco has Mo Roccan performing with a belly dancer. They also have an art gallery. UK has a live band. Japan has an art gallery. Attractions? What do you think?
                                      Norway is in the lead....

Comment

Working...
                                      X