This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Sounds Dangerous

This was my least favorite ride in all of WDW. I don't remember it that much but because I didn't really listen the one time I went to it. So if you want to tell me what its about go ahead and tell me.
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

Re: Sounds Dangerous

It's not a ride - it's just a movie. You wear headphones and watch Drew Carey as he goes through a couple of adventures. They turn the lights totally off at one point, which is supposed to heighten your sense of hearing. It just makes me uncomfortable, as do the greasy headphones that I'm asked to wear. A completely lame attraction that should be removed immediately.

Comment

It already has been removed...

And I think I am the only person who actually enjoyed it. A minor diversion, but Drew Carey just made it fun in my opinion.

Flame away...
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
        It's not a ride - it's just a movie. You wear headphones and watch Drew Carey as he goes through a couple of adventures. They turn the lights totally off at one point, which is supposed to heighten your sense of hearing. It just makes me uncomfortable, as do the greasy headphones that I'm asked to wear. A completely lame attraction that should be removed immediately.
        It's already been taken out. Just the ABC Sound Studio now, leaving just the sound editing things open, with the main show space having been used for Carbon Freezing during Star Wars Weekends.
        M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
        sigpic
        Flickr

Comment

Experiencing Sounds Dangerous felt like entering a time capsule. The seats were much smaller than they are anywhere else, and the headphones look ancient. It was nice to get out of the sun and heat, but that's was about it.
          sigpic WDW Cast Member August 2009 - November 2011

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
            Flame away...
            Never - you like what you like!

Good to hear it's gone, though . . . . .

Comment

I'd like to see it and American Idol ripped out and replaced with a dark ride.
              sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Amen!
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

I liked the idea so much better when it was the "Soundsations" booth in the Monster Sound Show post show. This area is one of the best post show exhibits ever built. Everything is fun and completely interactive. It's probably the only area I'll go into through the exit to play around with without going through the main attraction first. Of course that may just be because the main attraction has never been as good.

For some reason when you take the Soundsations concept and put it in a theater full of people it loses something. The three dimensional sound is such an intimate experience that it really doesn't mesh with the shared experience of a theater show. The Monster Sound Show was definitely better, but unless you were one of the people picked to actually perform in the show, it wasn't really a repeatable experience. If there was a way to do something like the monster sound show, but give everyone the hands on experience, they could really do something great with the idea of an attraction about sound effects in film. I think it's still an important aspect if the park is going to continue to have an area devoted to the process of film making.
                  It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                    The building is too small for a dark ride. I'd like to see a revamp of Superstar Television though. I loved how they'd insert guests randomly picked before the show into classic TV clips. It was fun. I even got picked once (got in a scene from Cheers and even had a line and got interviewed during the pre-show!).

Comment

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                      Specifically, The Great Muppet Movie Ride.

Comment

It was lame to put a whole attraction around this technology, kinda dumb movie, was not particularly sad to see it go, but it had enough spirit that I nevertheless enjoyed it, plus I like Drew Carey.
                        Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by mess98 View Post
                          Specifically, The Great Muppet Movie Ride.
                          Precisely, and revive the whole Muppet Studios concept. Move Pizza Planet over to Pixar Place and make a Swedish Chef restaurant.
                          sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X