Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney to use people's faces to make Animatronic faces.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Disney to use people's faces to make Animatronic faces.

I just read this thread on WDWMagic where someone says that Disneys research and development team is researching some kind of motion capture technology to make facial expressions for their animatronic figures. I think it sounds like a great idea!! As long as its for human figures and not cartoon figures ala Small World or Splash Mountain. Tell me your thoughts. Great idea? Or bad idea?

Oh yeah. The guy got his info from StitchKingdom, so take this rumor with a grain of salt. Just thought it was an interesting idea.

Regards, Lord Vader
    sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Re: Disney to use people's faces to make Animatronic faces.

Great article!! I just cant help it but play things you write in my brain with the Vader voice!!
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus View Post
      Great article!! I just cant help it but play things you write in my brain with the Vader voice!!
      Thank you. I just took a look at the title of my thread and I think I worded it incorrectly. It makes it sound like Disney is pulling a Buffalo Bill and using actual skin for ani
      animatronic faces. I should actually look at the titles of my threads before posting them.
      sigpic

Comment

Not sure if any of you play M Rated video games nowadays, but have you heard of L.A. Noire and their ingenious use of cameras to capture an actor's face and input it into the game to express a variety of different emotions.

Disney could use a technology like that to scan a face and create realistic molds right down to the scars, moles, and wrinkles. I'm not sure about you, but when you start seeing familiar faces throughout the park's animatronics, it kind of detracts from the feel. Maybe that's just me, but I don't know.

Total Tender Rides: 20
        Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
        Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
        Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

I'm all for Audio-Animatronic characters with facial features based on our favorite Imagineers ....

C J
          sigpic

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
            Not sure if any of you play M Rated video games nowadays, but have you heard of L.A. Noire and their ingenious use of cameras to capture an actor's face and input it into the game to express a variety of different emotions.

Disney could use a technology like that to scan a face and create realistic molds right down to the scars, moles, and wrinkles. I'm not sure about you, but when you start seeing familiar faces throughout the park's animatronics, it kind of detracts from the feel. Maybe that's just me, but I don't know.
            Oh yeah, I did play that. It was pretty good. I was amazed just how realistic the mouth movements were after nearly 20 years of bad lip synching in video games. I think thats how Disney would make the facial expressions for they're AA's
            sigpic

Comment

Wow! Although I'll always be a sucker for bad lip synching in video games and animatronics alike, this will be fantastic. Although modern technology has disappointed me in the past, this truthfully is nowhere near disappointing.
              "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

Originally posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
                Wow! Although I'll always be a sucker for bad lip synching in video games and animatronics alike, this will be fantastic. Although modern technology has disappointed me in the past, this truthfully is nowhere near disappointing.
                Definately, and unlike most modern video games, L.A. Noire actually makes you think, use detective skills, and read the facial expressions of interrogation subjects to get the information you need. It's a great game.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                  Definately, and unlike most modern video games, L.A. Noire actually makes you think, use detective skills, and read the facial expressions of interrogation subjects to get the information you need. It's a great game.
                  Except that ending. LKAJSDHF to that ending. -_-
                  Off to the Academy of Dramatic Arts in 2013!
                  ------------------------------------------------------
                  Met Demi Lovato at DCA on 9/24/2010! <3 :blush:
                  ------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X