Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Is Cars Land coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Cars Land coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

I'm guessing you haven't done RSR yet. It's the single best new attraction since Indy. Excellent combination of a high speed ride with an immersive AA experience. Really really well done, and much cooler than I expected when I took my first rides a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Speaking of new additions has anyone seen anything going on in DAK. Screamscape is reporting that unsure prep work has begun for avatar and that balloons sitelines have been seen early in the morning before park opening

Comment

Wait, why isn't Carsland a good fit? Last I checked it was based on a movie.

I'm not saying that I'm for or against the idea. Actually I will. I'm against the idea, but not because it doesn't thematically fit into a park based on movies and movie making. I'm against it because I think an entire land based on a single film or franchise is an extremely shortsighted idea. Cloning this land won't bring people from the east to the west coast and I dare say that California Adventure needs the boost more than Hollywood Studios. Also, cloning in general is just rather lazy.
        It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
          I'm guessing you haven't done RSR yet. It's the single best new attraction since Indy. Excellent combination of a high speed ride with an immersive AA experience. Really really well done, and much cooler than I expected when I took my first rides a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I wouldn't like two of the same attraction so I hope it doesn't come.
            Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
            Beach Club - 3 times
            Boardwalk - 2 times
            Caribbean Beach - 1 time
            Grand Floridian - 1 time
            Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
            Pop Century - 3 times
            DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
              No...

Ride it first, then comment. I'm betting you'll change your tune.

---------- Post added 08-04-2012 at 08:21 AM ----------

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
              Screamscape is reporting that unsure prep work has begun for avatar...
              OK, I give - what the heck is "unsure prep work"?

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                Ride it first, then comment. I'm betting you'll change your tune.

---------- Post added 08-04-2012 at 08:21 AM ----------

OK, I give - what the heck is "unsure prep work"?
                Clearing the land and then standing around looking confused.

All that $400 million has to go somewhere.

Comment

Why do people always think WDW should get everything?

All over the internet I see people saying "Walt Disney World should get this or need to bring this ride over from that park to ours".

I know WDW has more room than Disneyland, but jeez let us have some exclusive attractions to make up for the Parks smaller size compared to WDW.
                  http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

Comment

Bones, I visit both parks regularly, but I completely agree with you. The more unique things are, the better I enjoy my trips and celebrate the differences!

Comment

Originally posted by White Bones View Post
                      Why do people always think WDW should get everything?

All over the internet I see people saying "Walt Disney World should get this or need to bring this ride over from that park to ours".

I know WDW has more room than Disneyland, but jeez let us have some exclusive attractions to make up for the Parks smaller size compared to WDW.
                      Who do you mean by us? Very odd phrasing there.

WDW pretty much has everything there is in DLR since a lot of what DLR has gotten recently was cloned from WDW.

I believe WDW should be kept original because there is so much more potential there for new ideas rather than trying to shoehorn the limited attractions that are found in DLR. WDW has parks based on Animals, Movies, and The World/Future so there should be no need to place attractions based on California in WDW. The same goes for that the attractions based on Animals, Movies, and The World/Future should not be placed in a park about California.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                        No but I have done Journey To The Center Of the Earth. Now THAT is a ride to clone.
                        Anyone actually rode both yet?

I will visit DCA in a few weeks but from the vibes I'm getting RSR>JTTCOTE>TT.

I think the only reason people look down on RSR is if you particularly hate the Cars franchise. Journey's AA scenes are stunning but RSR seem twice as dense. Mysterious mountain is stunning as well but Cadillac Range seems again like a step up. Plus the outdoor race seems a lot longer.

Importantly both are fantastic, unique and the marquee attraction for their respective parks.

That said, I'd rather NOT have either ride cloned and instead a Star Wars inspired ride using the Test Track technology. Every Disney Park deserves its own unique signature AAA attraction.

Comment

There's a certain sense of ownership that comes to the folks who visit one park or another, as in DL is OUR park, and WDW is for THOSE PEOPLE. I've never bought into that - I just take each park for what it is.

---------- Post added 08-04-2012 at 04:06 PM ----------

Originally posted by BrianLo View Post
                          Every Disney Park deserves its own unique signature AAA attraction.
                          I'm not sure we need attractions that are sanctioned by the American Automobile Association . . . . .

Comment

^Lol, E-Plus-Ticket? Is AAA an uniquely Canadian saying?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianLo View Post
                              I will visit DCA in a few weeks but from the vibes I'm getting RSR>JTTCOTE>TT.
                              Interestingly, most people who have experienced all three of them have stated that Journey to the Center of the Earth is first, Test Track second, and Radiator Springs Racers is third. I think that the general conclusion that RSR fails in comparison is because of its lack of major thrill and speed that the two other superior attractions posses.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post

WDW pretty much has everything there is in DLR since a lot of what DLR has gotten recently was cloned from WDW.
                                Examples? What has been cloned from WDW recently. It seems like it's the other way around.

Interestingly, most people who have experienced all three of them have stated that Journey to the Center of the Earth is first, Test Track second, and Radiator Springs Racers is third. I think that the general conclusion that RSR fails in comparison is because of its lack of major thrill and speed that the two other superior attractions posses.
                                You've probably only ridden one (Test Track), but to say that it is superior to RSR is just unbelievable.

I have been on all three, Journey is absolutely the best ride but it's so different I can't compare to the other two. But Test Track is just not a complete experience, IMO. The high speed portion is fun but it's visually uninteresting and short. With RSR you are immersed in the environment.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X