Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Is Cars Land coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Cars Land coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

While the world is captivated by the Olympic Games, it appears that another Olympic-sized competition may be going on between the two major theme parks in Orlando. Two years ago, Universal Orlando stole the spotlight from Walt Disney World with the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Theme park fans thought theFantasyland expansion was Disney's answer to Harry Potter. However, the DIS has learned of a rumor: Disney's answer may in fact be the opening of Cars Land at Walt Disney World.

This is strictly rumor at this point, but what we've heard is that Cars Land may be coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios, replacing the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show. This show is apparently very costly to run several times a day, which may be one of the driving factors behind its removal. If more space is needed for the new land, the less-popular Backlot Tour may be the next to go.

Recently, there was a popular yet plausible rumor that Universal Orlando was expanding the Wizarding World of Harry Potter into the Universal Studios park. These rumors included a train that connected the existing land in Islands of Adventure with the new area, rumored to be developed on the former site of the Jaws attraction. Late in 2011, Walt Disney World announced that Avatarland was coming to Disney's Animal Kingdomand while this announcement was made to mixed reviews, many in the industry still questioned whether this combined with the new Fantasyland would be enough to steal Harry Potter's thunder. If this Cars Land rumor proves to be true, that may be enough to tilt the scales in Walt Disney World's favor.

Since this is only rumor for now, there have been no specific dates mentioned, but one would expect that it would be at least a 3 or 4 year process for plans, construction and so as to not poach guests from Cars Land at Disneyland.
    This was from DIS

So what do you guys think? Do you think it may happen? What would your reactions be if it does??

• planodisney
    replied
    Re: Is Cars Land coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Did someone actually post that alot of what DLR has recieved lately was cloned from WDW? Are you serious?

Soarin= Original at DLR, cloaned at WDW
    Midway Mania=Original idea for DCA, cloaned at WDW
    TLM=Original idea and attraction for DLR, cloaned for WDW
    Nemo=Original idea and attraction for DL,cloaned for Nemo Seas

The first 2 were both cloaned to WDW from DCA and are the most popular attractions in their respective parks at WDW.

The cloaning is the other way around, at least in the recent past.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco21
    replied

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    You better turn your head to the left then while walking to TOT on Hollywood Boulevard
    Haha I was going to say the exact same thing!

Leave a comment:

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
    replied

Originally posted by Santana View Post
    Don't want to see the Carthay Circle Theater or the Red Car Trolleys in DHS either.
    You better turn your head to the left then while walking to TOT on Hollywood Boulevard

Leave a comment:

• Right Ear
    replied

:ot: Just my opinion: I won't mind seeing Carsland at WDW IF it is changed enough to be different than DCA's version. Also (purely theoritical) just cause it's called Carsland should not always imply that it's Radiator Springs.

Leave a comment:

• Santana
    replied

Definitely don't want Cars Land in DHS. DCA has been underperforming and struggling with it's identity for years, and Cars Land finally gave it that attendance boost it needed and the strength to stand on it's own as a park worthy of being across the esplanade from Disneyland. Replicating Cars Land on the East Coast and plopping it down in DHS would not only further wreck the identity crisis that DHS has been feeling for years but it would also take away potential visitors to the DLR. Park-goers on the East Coast who want to check out Cars Land won't go to DCA to do it, they'll go to DHS. The whole thing also feels really cheap, like they don't want to spend the money to create a new land for DHS so they'll just replicate something that proved successful in California. Don't want to see the Carthay Circle Theater or the Red Car Trolleys in DHS either.

The rest of the ideas, however, are very good imo and bring about the potential for an all-new identity and marketing plan for the park. Instead of pretending to step into movie and TV production, how about instead actually stepping into the worlds of some of the biggest movie and TV franchises like Star Wars, the Muppets and Pixar? That sounds like a marketing strategy that not only increases it's appeal to adults and children alike, but also gives it a solid identity.

Leave a comment:

• Coastierox
    replied

I'm not a huge fan of park cloning, but I do have to say from a business standpoint bring the Cars franchise to DHS is a cash cow that makes sense. Put aside for a second that most of us micechatters on this side of the boards are frequent WDW visitors and a handful of us visit both coasts. WDW base is mostly people who come occasionally or rarely so they need something with popularity that is going to draw the crowds and expand the park. Also, we can't forget that DHS is no longer a working studio, it is merely a movie themed park trying to find its way in the world...

Leave a comment:

• Bronco21
    replied

Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
    Maybe Test Track is boring and uninspiring to you but I thought that the queue and the ride theme was great! And I work in a shop... That aside it appeals to the gearhead in many of us. What a great way to see how cars are made and tested, which is one of the intentions of the attraction.
    As far as RSR goes I cannot say what the ride is like as I have not been on it yet, but I can say that it is built on the same/updated(?) ride system. So... completely different rides? Yes and no. It's the same as Indy at DL and Dinosaur. Same ride system and track layout, but completely different theme.
    Don't get me wrong I enjoyed test track, but it didn't have that wow factor for me. I'm a gear head also, but the ride was dated when they opened it. The preshow video is corny, the sets are simple, and the exterior section is just a fast speed ride over a backstage parking lot. The dark ride sections are fun, but nothing breath taking. Honestly though, if Test Track were built anywhere but EPCOT, I would probably love it... It just reminds me of the gradual decline of EPCOT in the late 90's.

As for RSR, test track feels like a rushed dark ride section with a high speed section at the end. RSR really is the opposite with a more drawn out dark ride section and a shorter less thrilling speed section. IMO other than using the same basic ride system, they aren't even close to the same ride. TT's main draw is the speed, where as the wow factor on RSR is the dark ride section. I think both rides are lots of fun, RSR is just a different more detailed fun...

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied

More like a 'wish list' then actual substantial rumor.

Leave a comment:

• redrhino54
    replied

I love the Hat. Is it in the wrong location? Yep. I hope they find a place that it can appreciated. Make it a snack bar at the AoA poolside.....lol

Leave a comment:

• toonaspie
    replied

Is A Huge Expansion “In Production” For Disney’s Hollywood Studios? | WDW News Today

Is this for real??? It looks like a bad April Fools joke. The only upsides to this are losing the Sorcerer's hat, expanding Star Wars Land, and the Monsters Inc coaster. But replacing the Chinese Theater facade with CCT is bad repetitive idea, same with Carsland and adding trolleycars. DCA and DHS go by different themes so their offerings should be as different as they can too.

Leave a comment:

• Rave
    replied

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Test track and RSR are two completely different rides. Test Track has little to no theming (at least the original incarnation did)
    Don't discredit the designers saying it has no theming. The ride is highly themed on the inside its just more contemporary, edge, and modern than usual. It may not be the greatest but the designers did add a lot of theming to the ride.

Leave a comment:

• Coastierox
    replied

Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Test track and RSR are two completely different rides. Test Track has little to no theming (at least the original incarnation did), a very poor "story", and a boring uninspired queue. It excels only at having high speeds (for a car is 60 mph really that fast?). RSR on the other hand has immense amounts of theming, a fun easy to follow story, wonderful animatronics, and a super detailed queue (no matter how long it is). The only area that RSR does not accel at is thrills/ speed.
    Maybe Test Track is boring and uninspiring to you but I thought that the queue and the ride theme was great! And I work in a shop... That aside it appeals to the gearhead in many of us. What a great way to see how cars are made and tested, which is one of the intentions of the attraction.
    As far as RSR goes I cannot say what the ride is like as I have not been on it yet, but I can say that it is built on the same/updated(?) ride system. So... completely different rides? Yes and no. It's the same as Indy at DL and Dinosaur. Same ride system and track layout, but completely different theme.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco21
    replied

Originally posted by magicalmoments View Post
    I've been on RSR and while it's fun I was bit disappointed. It doesn't nearly as fast as I thought it would. I'm heading to WDW in two weeks and I was hoping to try TT but sadly it's down for refurb, but it sounds a lot faster than RSR.

I hope this is not true because there's another thing I'll pass because I can easily ride it 'back home' since I'm an AP holder within 1 hr of DLR.

I'm already planning to skip TSMM and Soarin' while I'm in WDW.
    Test track and RSR are two completely different rides. Test Track has little to no theming (at least the original incarnation did), a very poor "story", and a boring uninspired queue. It excels only at having high speeds (for a car is 60 mph really that fast?). RSR on the other hand has immense amounts of theming, a fun easy to follow story, wonderful animatronics, and a super detailed queue (no matter how long it is). The only area that RSR does not accel at is thrills/ speed.

Leave a comment:

• magicalmoments
    replied

I've been on RSR and while it's fun I was bit disappointed. It doesn't nearly as fast as I thought it would. I'm heading to WDW in two weeks and I was hoping to try TT but sadly it's down for refurb, but it sounds a lot faster than RSR.

I hope this is not true because there's another thing I'll pass because I can easily ride it 'back home' since I'm an AP holder within 1 hr of DLR.

I'm already planning to skip TSMM and Soarin' while I'm in WDW.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X