• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burnt Toast
    DLR -> WDW Cast Member
    • Oct 2005

Yay... booked my WDW trip!

So even though my buddy totally flaked out on me (whipped SOB), I went ahead and booked my trip anyways.

Airfare on Song Airlines on the 1/19 and coming back on the 1/30 - $257.10
    Six nights accomodations from 1/23 to 1/29 at the All-Star Music - $267.84

Eh... $524.94 total. I guess that's not too bad since I'm running solo this trip.

If anyone happens to be in the area around that time as well and would like to be signed-in one of those days, lemme know. Just getting myself into other Parks now takes up one of my sign-ins for the year so I might as well use it to sign-in more then just myself, otherwise it's a waste. Just PM / reply to this post or something. 8
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P
  • JiminyCricketFan
    We all need a Jiminy.
    • Apr 2005

Re: Yay... booked my WDW trip!

I wish you the best on your trip. I enjoyed my December trip to WDW. Remember to treat yourself to a wonderful restaurant while you are there. Boma is WONDERFUL. As a buffet you can try what you like, if you don't like it you can go back and try something else. To be honest, I did not find very much I did not like.

I know you will have a wonderful time.

Comment

• Burnt Toast
      DLR -> WDW Cast Member
      • Oct 2005

Yah, I'm going to have to take my friend somewhere nice to say thanks for letting me stay with her for part of my trip... was thinking Boma or Jiko myself actually.
      Burnt Toast

Comment

• MickeyMania
        Vehicle rotating backward
        • Jan 2005

Let me know what it's like to spend six nights at All-Star. I was big on Pop Century until I doubled the length of my trip.

Good luck to you!

Comment

• Burnt Toast
          DLR -> WDW Cast Member
          • Oct 2005

My last solo trip about four years ago I stayed at All-Star Music for nine nights... and it wasn't so bad actually. I got to know a lot of the Cast Members working there, the housekeeping manager at the time (got me an interview with Casting even though they wanted me to quit my employment with Disneyland first), and just hung out and enjoyed myself.
          Burnt Toast

Comment

• JiminyCricketFan
            We all need a Jiminy.
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Burnt Toast
            Yah, I'm going to have to take my friend somewhere nice to say thanks for letting me stay with her for part of my trip... was thinking Boma or Jiko myself actually.
            Jiko is very nice, but much more formal. Also it does not have the benefit of being able to "try a little bit of everything." If you don't want to be around kids, then Boma is not for you. Many more families are in Boma. Jiko is much quieter, but more expensive. Just some thoughts.

Comment

• erick13
              Former CM
              • May 2005

I used Song for my Dec trip to WDW. It was so nice having my own TV and free headphones unlike AA. You can even track where you are by setting the TV to the GPS page. It was really nice to have something to do for the long flight from CA.

Comment

• Burnt Toast
                DLR -> WDW Cast Member
                • Oct 2005

Now I'm considering maybe having my reservation changed from All-Star Music to Pop Century.

We're thinking of doing 'Ohana (one of my favorite places) because some other old co-workers are going to be down in the area when I'm down there as well... any other suggestions on somewhere nice? The only other really nice place I've been to is Artist Point, which was very good.
                Burnt Toast

Comment

• danyoung
                  Super Old Guy
                  • Jan 2005

If you're looking for a nice restaurant on Disney property, you can't beat the California Grill, up on top of the Contemporary Resort. Get there around sunset and enjoy the view of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom. The food and the service are both incredible! This is my favorite restaurant, not just on Disney property, but anywhere in the country!!!

Comment

• Burnt Toast
                    DLR -> WDW Cast Member
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by danyoung
                    If you're looking for a nice restaurant on Disney property, you can't beat the California Grill, up on top of the Contemporary Resort. Get there around sunset and enjoy the view of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom. The food and the service are both incredible! This is my favorite restaurant, not just on Disney property, but anywhere in the country!!!
                    Well, just found out that due to the popularity of the 50th Celebration... Cast Member discounts on dinner at table service restaurants are not valid until after 8:30pm. >:O Grrrrr... Fortunately it's until further notice so I hope they revoke that lame policy before my trip.

But anyway, we're thinking of 'Ohana or Yachtsman Steakhouse. California Grill was also on my list as well, as well as Jiko (even though my friend doesn't like that type of food)... I mean, just the desserts alone that they have there makes my mouth water.

I'm still thinking of switching to Pop Century... saw that the 80's building has Pac-Man all over the building... and I love... Pac-Man. 8
                    Burnt Toast

Comment

• danyoung
                      Super Old Guy
                      • Jan 2005

I just spent 5 days at the Pop, & I have to say that it wasn't bad at all. With all of the theming and landscaping, it felt almost as nice as a moderate, where the All Star resorts always had a Motel 6 quality for me.

Comment

• Burnt Toast
                        DLR -> WDW Cast Member
                        • Oct 2005

I don't think it does but I might as well as anyways, Pop doesn't share the same bus lines as the All-Stars, right?

I mean, if it doesn't then that's a plus right there.
                        Burnt Toast

Comment

• JiminyCricketFan
                          We all need a Jiminy.
                          • Apr 2005

'Ohana is very nice and a great restaurant.

I don't think you should overlook Epcot. Canada has a wonderful restaurant if steak is your interest. If you want an exotic experience, Morroco was wonderful. How many places can you go to see a belly dancer? Great food and a show!

Those are a couple ideas.

Comment

• erick13
                            Former CM
                            • May 2005

I don't think it does but I might as well as anyways, Pop doesn't share the same bus lines as the All-Stars, right?

I mean, if it doesn't then that's a plus right there.
                            It gets the plus since it does have it's own line.

Comment

• Naboomboo
                              Main Street Hop "89"
                              • Jan 2006

I wish I could go!! I have been looking at prices to go the last couple of days thinking I would go for my 35th today!! lol I'm afraid to ask mom to come with just so she can sign me in. bummer, I could go right now if I didn't have to pay for park tickets.

Comment

• Drince88
                                • Apr 2005

But anyway, we're thinking of 'Ohana or Yachtsman Steakhouse. California Grill was also on my list as well, as well as Jiko (even though my friend doesn't like that type of food)... I mean, just the desserts alone that they have there makes my mouth water.

I'm still thinking of switching to Pop Century... saw that the 80's building has Pac-Man all over the building... and I love... Pac-Man. 8
                                We tried Jiko last trip and I don't recall it being all that 'different' of food. We had steak, salmon, shrimp curry and pork tenderloin as our entrees. I think as far as 'different' one of our desserts was more 'out there' then any of our entrees. (It had buttermilk frozen yogurt and apple slaw - but it was good)

Comment

• laenie
                                  • Jan 2006

Hey, we're taking off for WDW around the same time you are!! We're staying in Pop Century, it will be our first time at that resort. I think it's the only resort we haven't stayed in.
                                  RE Jiko, the desserts were very yummy, we had the sampler plate and it was very good. They overdid it for us and brought us a sample of everything (I think it was supposed to be just 3 or 4 different items.
                                  I vote for Canada also, we've always had wondeful food there, the pretzel bread is so good, we always ask for some to take with us and the waiter/ress has always obliged. The only sad moment was when I found out they stopped making their cinnamon ice cream, it was the best!!
                                  I love Dumbo!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X