Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

    I hope it doesn't look tacky compared to the rest of the park.
    Thoughts?

  • #2
    Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

    Originally posted by Greg Reid View Post
    I hope it doesn't look tacky compared to the rest of the park.
    Thoughts?
    Tacky? The rest of the park is going to look tacky compared to the new Fantasyland.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

      Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
      Tacky? The rest of the park is going to look tacky compared to the new Fantasyland.
      Hmm maybe not tacky haha I can't think of the right word
      like outcasted, like not traditonal?
      Idk I can't explain what I mean :') sorry

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

        Looks like amazing attention to detail to me!
        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

          Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
          Looks like amazing attention to detail to me!
          It does look amazing it does, but I dont know from what I've seen it feels like it will lack like the traditional magic
          but Disney always pull it out of the bag i suppose!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

            First off Walt had very little to do with the planning of the Magic Kingdom. Second FLE looks really nice (first thing TDO has built of high quality in quite a while they still didn't front the bill for TLM).
            Check out my Disney inspired creations.

            https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

              Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
              First off Walt had very little to do with the planning of the Magic Kingdom. Second FLE looks really nice (first thing TDO has built of high quality in quite a while they still didn't front the bill for TLM).
              I know he didn't but it's obviously highly based on the original park and what if California had the room and the new fantasy land was being built there, do you think he would have wanted it?
              It does look nice I didn't mean tacky I can't explain what I mean haha
              more like out of place from the original park?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

                With all due respect your thread title is somewhat irrelevant when it comes to WDW. The only experience Walt had with building it was buying up the land and providing a rough draft for EPCOT.

                On the other hand that question carries much more relevancy when it comes to the DLR because Walt built it himself and experienced it for the last 11 years of his life.

                Even then, Walt has been dead for 46 years now. So I don't think anyone knows without a shadow of a doubt if he would have approved -- whether that be the new Fantasyland or the new Carsland out in California.

                ---------- Post added 08-30-2012 at 10:37 PM ----------

                Originally posted by Greg Reid View Post
                I know he didn't but it's obviously highly based on the original park and what if California had the room and the new fantasy land was being built there, do you think he would have wanted it?
                It does look nice I didn't mean tacky I can't explain what I mean haha
                more like out of place from the original park?
                The Fantasyland they are building in Florida would not work in California. The original park is quite a bit smaller and is completely surrounded by the city of Anaheim. WDW however is a lot bigger and has a lot of room for expansion.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

                  Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  With all due respect your thread title is somewhat irrelevant when it comes to WDW. The only experience Walt had with building it was buying up the land and providing a rough draft for EPCOT.

                  On the other hand that question carries much more relevancy when it comes to the DLR because Walt built it himself and experienced it for the last 11 years of his life.

                  Even then, Walt has been dead for 46 years now. So I don't think anyone knows without a shadow of a doubt if he would have approved -- whether that be the new Fantasyland or the new Carsland out in California.

                  ---------- Post added 08-30-2012 at 10:37 PM ----------



                  The Fantasyland they are building in Florida would not work in California. The original park is quite a bit smaller and is completely surrounded by the city of Anaheim. WDW however is a lot bigger and has a lot of room for expansion.
                  I know that's why I said "what if California had the room" haha which obviously it doesn't but hypothetically speaking.
                  And yes true that, no one would know I guess. I'm sure he'd love the new fantasy land thinking about it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

                    Your question asks if Walt would approve of the new fantasyland.

                    Just so you know if these types of questions interest you then you really should book a trip to Disneyland. Because in order to answer questions this you would need to see what Walt actually did there.

                    Anyway I digress. To be honest though Disneyland wouldn't be able to give you too many answers on this because their Fantasyland was remodeled in the 1980s. What we do know is that Disneyland's Fantasyland in Walt's day looked much like the original Fantasyland in the Matic Kingdom. It can be argued that Walt wanted Fantasyland to look like that and he would not have approved of the newer versions. On the other hand it turns out that Walt was in a tight budget when he was building Disneyland and he didn't have the money to do what he really wanted to do with Fantasyland. So your question remains, and no one really has a definite answer.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

                      Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      Your question asks if Walt would approve of the new fantasyland.

                      Just so you know if these types of questions interest you then you really should book a trip to Disneyland. Because in order to answer questions this you would need to see what Walt actually did there.

                      Anyway I digress. To be honest though Disneyland wouldn't be able to give you too many answers on this because their Fantasyland was remodeled in the 1980s. What we do know is that Disneyland's Fantasyland in Walt's day looked much like the original Fantasyland in the Matic Kingdom. It can be argued that Walt wanted Fantasyland to look like that and he would not have approved of the newer versions. On the other hand it turns out that Walt was in a tight budget when he was building Disneyland and he didn't have the money to do what he really wanted to do with Fantasyland. So your question remains, and no one really has a definite answer.
                      Oh trust me if I could afford it, I'd be there tomorrow haha! Same with Disney World!
                      And that's very true, thanks for commenting!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

                        I think he would have wanted one more ride in it.

                        We really are getting one new ride in the expansion but tons of detail. And none of those rides are real E tickets (Little Mermaid could have been something along Haunted Mansion but DCA blew it) but we are getting two solid D tickets. Cars Land got an E ticket and two C tickets so I guess it balances out. Two quality rides, bigger Dumbo, and rethemed roller coaster vs One quality ride and two outdoor rides. Both lands have lots of detail but come in light on attractions.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

                          I think Walt defintalty would NOT have approved a show where you need Berlitz lessons in baby talk to enjoy and have a character act like a kindergarten teacher.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

                            Well, the idea of parents sitting and watching while their kids play goes directly against his stated goals for building Disneyland in the first place. As for the rest of it, I think it's high-quality show that he would have liked.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

                              If Walt were around to see it, I know exactly what he'd say:
                              "It's 2012! I'm 110 years old! Why am I still here?? You there! Stop misquoting me! Bring me my soup!"

                              But besides that he probably would've thought the attention to detail was top notch. Better than the tent theme of his original Fantasyland.

                              Click the banner! ^^^^
                              Follow us on Twitter
                              @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                              Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X