Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Moving New York Street Sets???

I was just wondering if anyone knew or had any thoughts as to whether it would be possible to relocate the NY Street facades without damaging them? They are not real buildings so could they just "lift" them up in pieces and move them? Did movie studios move their backlots around? I know they probably would not move it but was just wondering if they are permanent or could easily be moved without too much damage.

Re: Moving New York Street Sets???

Considering that they're no longer used for filming (outside of promotional material), they can just rebuild it elsewhere if they still wanna hold on to the backlot concept. What are you thinking should go there instead?

Comment

They have been taken down and painted on occasion. I've seen the New York skyline missing a building or 2 before...
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Physically relocating them would be somewhere in the millions. All these facades are just steel structures with supports going into the ground. Usually studios either use an existing building facades and many times modify them with props and paint so movie-goers don't recognize them from other movies or they build them and tear them down.

Usually facades stay in place or are torn down. I never really seen a studio with a moving set of facades.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

Comment

They were designed to be disassembled. So relocating them wouldn't be a real issue.
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

The flats that make up the New York City skyline look like they're just hollywood flats. The whole point of using these (besides being cheaper than full facades) is so that they can be put up and removed quickly and cheaply. Moving them would not be difficult or very expensive since that is what they are designed to do.
            It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
            sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X