Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

R.c.f.d.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] R.c.f.d.

    Sorry guys wasn't really sure where to pose this question, Does anyone know if Reedy Creek Fire Dept. hires often?

    I have been looking for a place in the fire service (I'm currently Illinois FF2 and just am about to take my national certification test for EMT-P) and thought it'd be interesting to apply there if they have opportunities and see if I got hired...been following on firejobs.com and a couple of other sites but I have never seen or heard about Reedy Creek so I'm wondering how they assign that area seeing as I know most places post typically online, in newspaper, and via flyer, but not sure if Reedy Creek Follows the same procedures...

    Sorry again if this is in the wrong place, but the website was down and I'm just looking for more info about the Fire Department that wasn't on their site...Just wondering if there was something special needed to become one of those "Defending the Magic"
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton


  • #2
    Re: R.c.f.d.

    Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
    Sorry guys wasn't really sure where to pose this question, Does anyone know if Reedy Creek Fire Dept. hires often?

    I have been looking for a place in the fire service (I'm currently Illinois FF2 and just am about to take my national certification test for EMT-P) and thought it'd be interesting to apply there if they have opportunities and see if I got hired...been following on firejobs.com and a couple of other sites but I have never seen or heard about Reedy Creek so I'm wondering how they assign that area seeing as I know most places post typically online, in newspaper, and via flyer, but not sure if Reedy Creek Follows the same procedures...

    Sorry again if this is in the wrong place, but the website was down and I'm just looking for more info about the Fire Department that wasn't on their site...Just wondering if there was something special needed to become one of those "Defending the Magic"
    If there is an opening, it will be posted on RCID's main site.
    Reedy Creek Improvement District - Lake Buena Vista,Florida
    sigpic


    Originally posted by Phonedave
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: R.c.f.d.

      Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
      If there is an opening, it will be posted on RCID's main site.
      Reedy Creek Improvement District - Lake Buena Vista,Florida
      Yeah I figured, you just never know you might get lucky with some info that isn't online yet...hopefully they don't do like some of the departments up here and just have a set amount of applications that have to be picked up in person. Those are usually gone within an hour up here.
      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
      -George S. Patton

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: R.c.f.d.

        I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if you send them a resume.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: R.c.f.d.

          You can always check Reedy Creek's union website and see if you can get more info.

          Reedy Creek Fire Fighters Association Local 2117 - Reedy Creek Firefighters

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: R.c.f.d.

            I saw you were getting national certification, and I noticed this on the Reedy Creek website
            Please note: The Reedy Creek Improvement District does not recognize reciprocity, national certifications, nor does it accept certifications from other states*.
            But you can challenge the FL exam it looks like.

            Reedy Creek Improvement District - Lake Buena Vista,Florida

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: R.c.f.d.

              Originally posted by crlachepinochet View Post
              I saw you were getting national certification, and I noticed this on the Reedy Creek website

              But you can challenge the FL exam it looks like.

              Reedy Creek Improvement District - Lake Buena Vista,Florida
              Oh that's interesting, it's pretty much the same thing here in Illinois, except Illinois far as I know won't even let you challenge their exams. I always found it odd that a State would be allowed to say that your national certs aren't up to snuff..

              I'm sure if I can pass the exam here I can do it in another state, but it's just another hoop to jump through...thanks for noticing that though!
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
              -George S. Patton

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X