This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Disney in Talks to Buy Hasbro

I know, not as crazy as Lucasfilm but it would be a little funny if Universal replaced Spiderman with Transformers only to have this happen. Also, Hasbro owns Wizards of the Coast which makes Magic: The Gathering, so Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom could get a lot more interesting. They also make Dungeons & Dragons which could put Beastly Kingdom back on the menu... Oh and this.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
    sigpic

Re: Disney in Talks to Buy Hasbro

Interesting. We could also see an increase in toy quality too...

Probably not.

Comment

I think its a good idea...
      For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

I've said it before , everything will be owned by Disney pretty soon
        Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

It would be interesting but it's all speculative, for now. There's a lot of chatter about what company Disney will purchase next and what makes a good company for purchase. We'll see what happens in the next year.
          <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

I think Disney is done buying studios for quite some time. They're trying to get bigger in the consumer products sector which is something that they could probably do better in.
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

Disney should also buy Mattel, they can turn the Autopia into Hot Wheels and add Barbie to the princess line. Just kidding...I think.

Comment

If Disney is thinking about Hasbro (and I've been wondering about this myself), I think they'd also be thinking about My Little Pony and how they can market that like the Disney Princesses. (If you don't know, the current version of My Little Pony has become very very popular, not just with it's aimed demographic, but has spawned a new demographic called "bronies" as well.)

I hope they ease off on purchasing other companies. Do we really want Disney to become an even larger entertainment and merchandise monopoly? It is important to have SOME competition to keep things fair to other companies and consumers.

Comment

I'm in the toy industry and this is a rumor that has floated around for a long time. But so has the Lucas rumor and we all know how that has turned out. It would be a smart move to control all aspects of their characters as well as quality.

Comment

Disney Transformers ( TakaraTomy is a partner of Hasbro)

Mickey, Donald, Buzz Light Year

This Disney combiner is made by Bandai

Comment

Just to throw it out there: Hasbro denies the allegations. This doesn't really mean much because if there was something going on, neither side would comment until the deal was done.
                      DisneyTwins
                      Since May 2003

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X