This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] STARBUCKS to Replace Main Street Bakery

This was taken right from the Disney Parks blog... what do you guys think??

"
    At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer."
    I Have the Best Job in the World.

Proud to be a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad

Re: STARBUCKS to Replace Main Street Bakery

This is a terrible plan. It just won't be the same.
    buzz2001's Unofficial Coronado Springs Resort Website

Check out the CSR forums!

Comment

I wonder if it will be similar to California Adventure where they still sell the Disney baked goods along with the Starbucks stuff? Because if it is, then I'm fine with it.

Click the banner! ^^^^
      Follow us on Twitter
      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

ORDDU: Yes, if they continue to sell many of the same items that were always at the Bakery, it could actually be a wise decision. Some of the cast members who work at the current bakery on Main Street have given less than stellar service so it might actually be a very good thing to have Starbucks take over the place. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

I think it would just make more sense to still have it be Main Street Bakery "now serving Starbucks". This make it sound like they're going to turn the whole bakery into a Starbucks. Not a good sign.

Comment

Aww, they have to change the name?
            With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Comment

I'm kind of doubting they'll change the name. They didn't do that in DCA and I don't see any reason why they would change the name of the restaurant.

It's better than coffee syrup they have now.
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

Disney has always had outside business partners along main street. Food, watches, film, etc. What's the big deal about there being another established ( and apparently highly patronized ) business in the park? I completely hated McDonalds in the park but wished there was a Starbucks. Thankfully there's some espresso type drinks in New Orleans Square but that was really the only place. I guess I'm alone in welcoming them to the park but would be quick to offer that having one in there isn't as non-Disney as people think. Many people have grown accustomed to Carnation in the park, haven't they?

Comment

Main Street Bakery was kind of lackluster anyway.

Comment

I'm not surprised that people are against the idea. However this is not the first time one place was replaced with another. People probably complained when Disney replaced the Upjohn Pharmacy at Disneyland and replace it with a clock shop. Most likely saying what we are here, "Another piece of Main Street ruined, now its just a big store." Well that's what little kids said when Disneyland first opened about Main Street. I'm not gonna count my chickens before they hatch, if the theme and signage is retained I won't have a problem with it. After all the Emporium expansions are by far worse than this.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
                      IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Anyone want a Dole Whip?

Comment

But why the name change?
                          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Can anyone confirm a name change. I can't find it anywhere.
                            DisneyTwins
                            Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                              But why the name change?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	wq-money-woman.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	7345392

Comment

Here is a direct link to the blog entry:

Comment

Originally posted by SparkChaser View Post
                                  I'm not surprised that people are against the idea. However this is not the first time one place was replaced with another. People probably complained when Disney replaced the Upjohn Pharmacy at Disneyland and replace it with a clock shop. Most likely saying what we are here, "Another piece of Main Street ruined, now its just a big store." Well that's what little kids said when Disneyland first opened about Main Street. I'm not gonna count my chickens before they hatch, if the theme and signage is retained I won't have a problem with it. After all the Emporium expansions are by far worse than this.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA
                                  Couldn't have said it any better myself, sides Starbucks coffee is much better than Disney's is anyways..long as the theme remains accurate, service may improve with that name popping up..

Were'nt they opening a location somewhere else like adventureland or something and changing the logo to one of their older brown ones to keep the theme?

But why the name change?
                                  I didn't notice one, probably going to have a notation under the sign "Presented by Starbucks" or "Proudly serving Starbucks coffee" or something along those lines..

Edit: Looking at the picture they posted on the blog it looks like it'll say starbucks on the side or something slightly tasteful like they did at the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical in CA

Last edited by ORD84; 11-11-2012, 05:49 AM.
                                  The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                                  -George S. Patton

Comment

In the end I guess it doesn't matter. The parks are just becoming malls you pay to enter.
                                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I'm totally for Starbucks finally coming to WDW. The stuff they currently try to pass off as coffee (NesCafe) is pure crap. Even the coffee at McDonald's is better. It'll be nice to finally be able to get a decent cup of coffee while at the Magic Kingdom. And I'm sure it'll be like what they did at DCA... offer the Starbucks drinks and some of their treats, but still have Main Street Bakery treats we all know and love as well.

Though I do wonder how this will affect the Joffrey's Coffee stands at Epcot because Joffrey's serves up some tasty iced coffee. I always stop and get an iced vanilla latte in World Showcase.

For now... just relax and try not to judge this until we see how these refurbs actually turn out.

Comment

In the end I guess it doesn't matter. The parks are just becoming malls you pay to enter.
                                        ughhh....
                                        For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X