• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GhostHostJeff
    MiceChatter
    • Oct 2005

Re: First Test Track 2.0 ride Video hits the web

I rod it this week on our trip. I think the ride is visually amazing, but I felt that the former areas where you went through the heat chamber, cold chamber, etc feels like dead space with nothing much to look at.
    Jeff Wayne

Comment

• TylerDurden
      MiceChatter
      • Jul 2011

Finally rode it in person on Sunday--still not impressed. It's all very nice visually but all seems to be dead space. I rode in the single riders and my party and I decided to skip the car design so maybe that's what everyone is excited about? But like other posters have said, things like the truck crash and former heat/cold chambers lack purpose now and just seem to be poorly-executed dead space. I miss the physical sensations of heat and cold, with the icicles to look at in the freezing chamber and the robots in the corrosive room. Back in the old Test Track, the fake trees in the lateral testing segment were meant to be corny, they were just part of a testing ground, but now that we are supposed to be in a computer, the fake trees are just that--fake trees that *should* feel more real. And even in the finale when you had all those crashed cars to look at now feels dead--the whole thing beyond the first hill feels dead honestly. I miss the physical sets (side note, the obviousness that the 'grid' is just a wall with blacklight paint is very distracting to me), the stuff to look at, and of course, the physical effects that are missing in this somewhat lacking attraction...IMO

Comment

• Kidgenie
        MiceChatter
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TylerDurden View Post
        Finally rode it in person on Sunday--still not impressed. It's all very nice visually but all seems to be dead space. I rode in the single riders and my party and I decided to skip the car design so maybe that's what everyone is excited about? But like other posters have said, things like the truck crash and former heat/cold chambers lack purpose now and just seem to be poorly-executed dead space. I miss the physical sensations of heat and cold, with the icicles to look at in the freezing chamber and the robots in the corrosive room. Back in the old Test Track, the fake trees in the lateral testing segment were meant to be corny, they were just part of a testing ground, but now that we are supposed to be in a computer, the fake trees are just that--fake trees that *should* feel more real. And even in the finale when you had all those crashed cars to look at now feels dead--the whole thing beyond the first hill feels dead honestly. I miss the physical sets (side note, the obviousness that the 'grid' is just a wall with blacklight paint is very distracting to me), the stuff to look at, and of course, the physical effects that are missing in this somewhat lacking attraction...IMO
        Fair enough. You didn't like it.

I do miss the robots. The heat lamps were awesome! I do not miss the fake icicles. They looked fake and the room wasn't nearly cold enough to be even near the temperature have had real icicles, and it should have been. It was basically just blowing air on you.

Over all I strongly prefer the Grid of blacklight paint, fake lazer trees, and glow in the dark star fields over the old "physical" sets of authentic road cones, construction barriers, and a couple of crashed up cars. While yes, those things were real, they were also real regular to the point of "really?, because I can't see these things when I take a drive down anyroad USA?" and none of that was remotely futuristic. The Grid walls at least attempt to portray the future, something that lacking in Epcot's Future World that I am glad to see in TT2.0.

While I am disappointed that actually riding it did not change your mind, I am glad you posted so anyway. Agreed to disagree sometimes is best.

Comment

• TylerDurden
          MiceChatter
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Kidgenie View Post
          While I am disappointed that actually riding it did not change your mind, I am glad you posted so anyway. Agreed to disagree sometimes is best.
          Definitely! Just wanted to post my opinion and start up some conversation! And I get what you're saying, because yeah the scenery was very common--I guess it just made sense to me

Comment

• KingEric
            is in Antarctica
            MiceChat Round-Up Crew
            • Oct 2007

Actually now that people have said it, while the ride is visually stunning, it all does feel like dead space.
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

• Eckert
              New MiceChatter
              • Jan 2012

I rode it yesterday and loved it! It feels so cutting edge and futuristic, much as one would expect when they enter the digital realm! You can re-use a card, however, for some reason when I went in the fastpass lane on the second ride the card scanned at car entry, but i don't remember it showing on the screen after the final loop. reusing it in the post show worked perfectly however. I found out something kind of neat about the cards, shining a bright light through them reveals the inside of the card is purple. )

While I did really like the original Test Track, I feel this version is very much superior to the original.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X