Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

    Originally posted by BandM View Post
    Last time we bombarded them with letters we got arrogant Figment and Eric Idle in a lab coat. Maybe we should try another approach this time.
    How else can we let them know? If we tell people to avoid the ride they give us weird looks and probably call security (people these days are too sensitive and/or sue-happy). Even then we most likely will have just caused the rides closure and no development for years.

    See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA




    "THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

      Any sort of letter writing campaign should be based around real letters. Emails can be easily deleted or sent off to the spam. Real letters have to really be thrown away and someone might even read some of it first because they also don't typically have subject lines.

      Disney hates getting ideas for new rides. Well they might not hate it but they can't legally use it. While restoring the old Journey Into Imagination isn't exactly a new idea, they probably wouldn't appreciate being told what they need to do. It would probably be better to nicely tell them what an unmitigated disaster the current attraction is while recalling why the original worked so well. The reason Figment got thoughtlessly crammed into version three was because people wrote in complaining that there was no Figment. It's a very vague request and one that's apparently easily met without actually addressing what people were really complaining about in the first place. We got what we asked for, not necessarily what we wanted, so this time we just have to make sure we're more clear without it looking too much like a ransom note.

      If you're wondering where to send your letters, these are a few good places to start:

      Walt Disney World Guest Relations
      P.O. Box 10000
      Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

      Walt Disney World Guest Communications
      PO Box 10040
      Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

      Robert A. Iger
      Chief Executive Officer
      The Walt Disney Company
      500 South Buena Vista Street
      Burbank, CA 91521-4873


      Thomas O. Staggs
      Chairman
      Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
      500 South Buena Vista Street
      Burbank, CA 91521-4873


      Meg Crofton
      Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, U.S. & France
      The Walt Disney World Resort
      PO Box 10040
      Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

      It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

        Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
        Robert A. IgerChief Executive Officer
        The Walt Disney Company
        500 South Buena Vista Street
        Burbank, CA 91521-4873


        Thomas O. Staggs
        Chairman
        Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
        500 South Buena Vista Street
        Burbank, CA 91521-4873


        Meg Crofton
        Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, U.S. & France
        The Walt Disney World Resort
        PO Box 10040
        Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
        I wonder if they just forward everything to one mailbox now and let a secretary read (or toss out) the letters.
        Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, U.S. & France
        It still pains me to see her have that title.
        Last edited by BandM; 12-07-2012, 04:33 AM.

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

          Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
          Any sort of letter writing campaign should be based around real letters. Emails can be easily deleted or sent off to the spam. Real letters have to really be thrown away and someone might even read some of it first because they also don't typically have subject lines.

          Disney hates getting ideas for new rides. Well they might not hate it but they can't legally use it. While restoring the old Journey Into Imagination isn't exactly a new idea, they probably wouldn't appreciate being told what they need to do. It would probably be better to nicely tell them what an unmitigated disaster the current attraction is while recalling why the original worked so well. The reason Figment got thoughtlessly crammed into version three was because people wrote in complaining that there was no Figment. It's a very vague request and one that's apparently easily met without actually addressing what people were really complaining about in the first place. We got what we asked for, not necessarily what we wanted, so this time we just have to make sure we're more clear without it looking too much like a ransom note.

          If you're wondering where to send your letters, these are a few good places to start:

          Walt Disney World Guest Relations
          P.O. Box 10000
          Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

          Walt Disney World Guest Communications
          PO Box 10040
          Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

          Robert A. Iger
          Chief Executive Officer
          The Walt Disney Company
          500 South Buena Vista Street
          Burbank, CA 91521-4873


          Thomas O. Staggs
          Chairman
          Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
          500 South Buena Vista Street
          Burbank, CA 91521-4873


          Meg Crofton
          Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, U.S. & France
          The Walt Disney World Resort
          PO Box 10040
          Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830


          Thank You so much! This really means alot to me . I'm happy that now if I ever visit Florida I and the other fans just might be able to bring back the original. If it come back I can't wait to see it in person!!!

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

            Originally posted by BandM View Post
            Unless a big sponsor comes along and says they want something better the current iteration is bound to stay were it is.
            So why can't the industrious fans of the original come together and raise enough money to be that sponsor that wants this or any other past attraction brought back.
            Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

              Originally posted by longears View Post
              So why can't the industrious fans of the original come together and raise enough money to be that sponsor that wants this or any other past attraction brought back.
              You're suggesting we start a Kickstarter? I doubt we could raise anywhere near the amount needed to even demolish the current one and clean up the turntable. Plus, how the hell would we present it to Disney? Do we just mail them the check or threaten to sue with the money we get?

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                Originally posted by longears View Post
                So why can't the industrious fans of the original come together and raise enough money to be that sponsor that wants this or any other past attraction brought back.
                lol im sure disney would love this concept. if people want rides changed make THEM pay for it! on top of park tickets, accommodations food, merch, ect. more profit for them.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                  Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                  lol im sure disney would love this concept. if people want rides changed make THEM pay for it! on top of park tickets, accommodations food, merch, ect. more profit for them.
                  Rofl exactly. We are all sponsors of every attraction already
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                    Originally posted by longears View Post
                    So why can't the industrious fans of the original come together and raise enough money to be that sponsor that wants this or any other past attraction brought back.
                    You would need a minimum of $10,000,000 a year for a 10+ year commitment, on top of the initial investment of 10's of millions. I can't imagine you will be able to raise that amount of money through a kickstart campaign.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                      But we'd get to use the VIP lounge!
                      It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                        Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                        But we'd get to use the VIP lounge!
                        Does anyone even have a picture of Imagination's VIP lounge? I've the one at the Seas, Land, and WoM but never the one in Imagination.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                          Originally posted by BandM View Post
                          Does anyone even have a picture of Imagination's VIP lounge? I've the one at the Seas, Land, and WoM but never the one in Imagination.
                          i remember there was one guy recently that snuck upstairs to the old image works and saw a bunch of its current state before he got caught by security but I cant remember if he ever go in to the vip lounge or not. this is also the same guy who swam across bay lake at night in a group to get to the original discovery island so im nowhere near crazy enough to try that stuff :P.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                            Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                            i remember there was one guy recently that snuck upstairs to the old image works and saw a bunch of its current state before he got caught by security but I cant remember if he ever go in to the vip lounge or not. this is also the same guy who swam across bay lake at night in a group to get to the original discovery island so im nowhere near crazy enough to try that stuff :P.
                            Which guy? I've seen like 5 different videos/slideshows of the upstairs Imageworks, nothing on the VIP lounge thought.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                              Update:
                              I know this is sort of pointless but recently I got my hands on an original Figment puppet on eBay that had his tag and was the full sized version which is pretty cool. Lol but ya, c'mon fans lets make this happen. I'd like to see the original someday aswell. I myself have never been to DisneyWorld or Epcot Center but have seen all three rides on YouTube only. Also I got my hands on a two disc DVD set that has all three of the rides on it. But ya guys, lets all hope for the best. If we can get Disney to bring back the original version with maybe updated effects,animatronics,and remastered sound it will be a better for future for Epcot center. I just know it. I can imagine it!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                                Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
                                recently I got my hands on an original Figment puppet on eBay that had his tag and was the full sized version which is pretty cool.
                                photos please. I really want to see this relic!

                                Comment


                                • #76
                                  Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                                  Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                                  photos please. I really want to see this relic!
                                  Ya there were three versions of the puppet that I know of. 1. The one Dreamfinder used 2.plush full sized figment puppet with the whole under his shirt (one i have), and another with a whole in the back of his head. But ya ill try and post a pic of him when I can.

                                  Comment


                                  • #77
                                    Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                                    Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
                                    Update:
                                    I know this is sort of pointless but recently I got my hands on an original Figment puppet on eBay that had his tag and was the full sized version which is pretty cool. Lol but ya, c'mon fans lets make this happen. I'd like to see the original someday aswell. I myself have never been to DisneyWorld or Epcot Center but have seen all three rides on YouTube only. Also I got my hands on a two disc DVD set that has all three of the rides on it. But ya guys, lets all hope for the best. If we can get Disney to bring back the original version with maybe updated effects,animatronics,and remastered sound it will be a better for future for Epcot center. I just know it. I can imagine it!
                                    That sounds awesome, I'd love to see the plushie.

                                    Comment


                                    • #78
                                      Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

                                      Hey guys, btw, am I the only one that hears Dr. Nigel Channing say "Oh Sh*t,that really stinks" when Figment sprays everyone in the smell lab. I know it can't be one of the guests cause every video I've seen he says that. Lol Dr. Nigel Channing's reaction is how I feel about the new attraction. It does stink lol. But... So does he.lol. Dreamfinder is way better. All I can hope is that Figment can finally get out of Nigel Channing's boring open house and get Dreamfinder out of his retirement home so they can get all back to the way it used to be before the 2000 rehab. Sure I know they'd basically have to recreate everything and maybe use modern lighting an such and remaster the soundtrack,and make modern animatronics. But it's worth it and I know everyone would be so happy.

                                      Comment

                                      Get Away Today Footer

                                      Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X