Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meg Crofton out as Disneyworld President George K from Disneyland in . 2013

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Phil Holmes is way too full of himself--allowing that portrait of himself to be displayed inside the shop within Gaston's Vilage. I don't know if it's still there now but it was for a time and just reeked of egotism.
    I think it may still be there, I didn't realise that was him. I heard that he has a buzzer on his desk and he has to buz visitors into his office. Just a rumor of course. The point is that the other parks have had several heads over the years, some better than others but for some reason phil is still hanging around. I guess if he stays under the radar enough he can keep his job.

Comment

But if George does come in....does TDA ppl follow him?? Cause if George just lords over Al Weiss's/ Lee Cockrell's old minions NOTHING will change. It HAS to be George AND TDA ppl to do a complete 180.

Comment

so, do we think that the one parks attittude, merch, etc will be gone, then? i would like that.

Comment

I don't fully understand the hierarchy of Disney World, but what exactly will this hopefully come down to? Will George be top dog and able to get this resort back on its feet? Or will the TDO regulars overpower him and nothing will change?

Click the banner! ^^^^
          Follow us on Twitter
          @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
          Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
            Correct - I wasn't trying to take credit on FB (or twitter)... I merely posted that I was reading rumors of George taking over for Meg. Rumors that started with this 74 guy! (wink)
            and as the telephone chain continued I was simply posting what I saw on facebook and who I saw it from , it was never meant to take away from WDW74. My appologies if it was. It was also all over twitter , hard to track the correct source.
            Happy New Year!

Comment

How impressive is it when he has turned Disneyland into SouthernCalifornialand? The new promotions - something different every week, a set of glasses a month - are only good for people who actually live in SoCal. Anyone else, like myself, who live out of state, obviously can't go every single week or even every single month. The cost is prohibitive. So he obviously only wants the SoCals there, but not the tourists.....

Comment

Anything, or anyone, that gets rid of the wretched "Disney Parks" crap is fine with me. :yuck: Stop cloning rides all around the world (no pun intended) and bring back each theme park having their own unique identity, a unique feel for each.

Comment

Originally posted by Joannefm2 View Post
                  How impressive is it when he has turned Disneyland into SouthernCalifornialand? The new promotions - something different every week, a set of glasses a month - are only good for people who actually live in SoCal. Anyone else, like myself, who live out of state, obviously can't go every single week or even every single month. The cost is prohibitive. So he obviously only wants the SoCals there, but not the tourists.....
                  i don't understand how having merchandise promotion for locals all of a sudden makes it a southern californialand.

those are minor things that are added to help things interesting for locals but those not diminish the many changes and additions that they have added and done for anyone that visits the parks.
                  i was there this weekend when most annual passes were blocked and the parks were full of tourist and hotels all over the area were completely booked. That alone shows that the parks in Anaheim have received additions that have improved and made the Disneyland resort and top class International place to visit.

the cost might seem extreme but compared to other tourist destination you really do get quite a bit of entertainment for the price. 16 hours of entertainment for the less then 100 dollars when buying a one day pass compared to 100 dollars+ for a musical on broadway or 15 dollar+ for a two to three hour movie. Now that is ridiculously priced

Comment

the something different every week has to do with both coasts. It's just that the promotions are going to be different. but that still has to do with the disney parks concept.

Comment

George K. (DL's president) is rumored to take over for Meg Crofton as head of WDW in 2013. - Source Kevin Yee on Facebook

I would say THANK YOU for answering my wishes! Meg Crofton is the 1st time I ever frowned upon a Female Disney Executive in this decade (she's like a feminine version of Eisner). George K all the way (because you know Universal Studios will snag him if the Walt Disney Co. doesn't pay to keep him & so would you if you were a Theme Park Resort Corporation)!!

C J

sigpic

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Comment

Cynthia Harriss was a crap President of Disneyland. CRAP. Child of the boob Paul Pressler.
                        Things have moved on a straight upward trend in Anaheim since they were given the boot.
                        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X