X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lighttragic
    Dreaming of a disney park
    • Mar 2008

[Rumor] Meg Crofton out as Disneyworld President George K from Disneyland in . 2013

George K. (DL's president) is rumored to take over for Meg Crofton as head of WDW in 2013. - Source Kevin Yee on Facebook

What do you all think? Good for Disneyworld, Hopefully someone will come in equally as impressive as George Kalogridis for Disneyland. Last thing we want is Disneyland to regress.
    Last edited by lighttragic; 12-22-2012, 10:01 PM.

• KingEric
    is in Antarctica
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Oct 2007

Re: Meg Crofton out as Disneyworld President George K from Disneyland in . 2013

George wants to come back to florida, and Meg has done a horrific job.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

• almandot
      Shubisha
      • Apr 2005

Will he be in charge of all Domestic(And paris) parks like meg was, or will he just be WDW?

Since Meg never vacated her WDW spot but was put in charge of it all, George K could just stay in place, take it all, and someone else put focused on WDW.

/Mainly I just don't want to see yet another Disneyland President shuffled through for no reason :PP

Comment

• HMF
        MiceChatter
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by almandot View Post
        Will he be in charge of all Domestic(And paris) parks like meg was, or will he just be WDW?

Since Meg never vacated her WDW spot but was put in charge of it all, George K could just stay in place, take it all, and someone else put focused on WDW.

/Mainly I just don't want to see yet another Disneyland President shuffled through for no reason :PP
        It appears that he will just be WDW President. Meg's current position may be dissolved due to the fact that "One Disney" isn't playing out as expected in Burbank.

Comment

• Dapper Dan
          Metro-Retro Historian
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by HMF View Post
          It appears that he will just be WDW President. Meg's current position may be dissolved due to the fact that "One Disney" isn't playing out as expected in Burbank.
          Not playing out a who expected, because I expected it to fail spectacularly.
          It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
          sigpic

Comment

• HMF
            MiceChatter
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
            Not playing out a who expected, because I expected it to fail spectacularly.
            Yeah, I think most of us were hoping it failed.

Comment

• lighttragic
              Dreaming of a disney park
              • Mar 2008

Certain Promotions may be fine but the properties as a whole are very different and play to a different fan base. The uniqueness of each resort is important.

I also find it interesting that Kathy Magnum (Carsland Imagineer) is over in florida now and potentially with George K moving over. Who else or what type of things can we see imported from California and for the better.

Comment

• swampymarsh
                Under that tree again!
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                Mainly I just don't want to see yet another Disneyland President shuffled through for no reason :PP
                Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
                I also find it interesting that Kathy Magnum (Carsland Imagineer) is over in florida now and potentially with George K moving over. Who else or what type of things can we see imported from California and for the better.
                Those two things are the catch 22. Do you spread success to the other area, but if you do are you going to take away the success?

DL: If it ain't broke don't fix it.
                WDW: It's broke so fix it.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• LordVader
                  Heavy Breather
                  • Jun 2012

She needs to go now.

By the way, how long has Meg been President of WDW, and is she aware of the universal hatred towards her?
                  sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
                    I'm Theme Park Happy!
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                    By the way, how long has Meg been President of WDW, and is she aware of the universal hatred towards her?
                    And I'm sure she cares about that a whole lot. LOL!

Comment

• KingEric
                      is in Antarctica
                      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                      • Oct 2007

Well I home George comes back to Florida, since this is his home! I am sure he can take all the lessons learned from DLR and help his home resort.

Comment

• Mr Wiggins

• Jan 2005

Sorry, folks, but for me the h-word is over the line when applied to individuals. Hating the policies and decisions of Disney management is fair game. Hating the people themselves steps over the line into demonization.
                        Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 12-23-2012, 12:50 PM.
                        "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                        - Bob Chapek

Comment

• lazyboy97O
                          враг народа
                          • Mar 2005

Most of the excitement seems to be the ubiquitous problem amongst Disney fans where they love somebody for not being somebody else. Kalogridid was not Grier (not sure why he was hated except for not posing with fans for pictures) and now he is not Crofton. Just as Iger was not Eisner, despite being his hand picked successor, and Staggs not being Rasulo, despite being his boss all the way back to their days at Strategic Planning. Yes, Disneyland Resort has been cleaner since 2005, but does that negate what is new still not being of the depth that made Disneyland a cultural icon? Or the end of things like the Cast Christmas Party? Or screwing over Club 33 members? Disneyland is in a prettier wrapper than in years past, but I think there are still some serious operational, social and artistic issues.

Comment

• LordVader
                            Heavy Breather
                            • Jun 2012

Maybe I took it a tad too far. It's just the way that people talk about her on this and other forums, I come to the conclusion that many people (not to offend anyone with the "h word") extremely dislike her.
                            sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Mr Wiggins

• Jan 2005

^ Apologies, LV, I didn't mean to imply you hate Crofton personally. I agree that among fans her rep as a Disney exec is sub-zero, and with good reason.

I see her less as a cause and more as a symptom -- just another marcher in the Eisner-Iger-Rasulo-Staggs parade of Cheaper Is Better management that continues to plague WDW.
                              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

• HMF
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jun 2008

She needs to go now.

Meg is simply a corporate scapegoat. Management in Florida is so multi-layered burecratic and convoluted that the acting president really has little real power. Meg was put in place because she would not interfere with the never-ending bureacracy that is Team Disney Orlando.

Comment

• KingEric
                                  is in Antarctica
                                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                  • Oct 2007

Meg is simply a corporate scapegoat. Management in Florida is so multi-layered burecratic and convoluted that the acting president really has little real power. Meg was put in place because she would not interfere with the never-ending bureacracy that is Team Disney Orlando.
                                  This is a dang accurate statement. My hope with George is that he will do with TDO what he did with the call centers. Made it more lateral, and made them more agile environments where policies can be implemented and changed quickly as they prove to be success or failures.

Comment

• ORD84
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jul 2009

As long as there's improvement in ways of quality and show, I could almost care less who's name is on a specific desk or parking space...

But if this change equals what it did for Disneyland than all I can say is Welcome Georgeyboy!
                                    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                                    -George S. Patton

Comment

• BandM
                                      Bearing with the bears
                                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                                      Most of the excitement seems to be the ubiquitous problem amongst Disney fans where they love somebody for not being somebody else. Kalogridid was not Grier (not sure why he was hated except for not posing with fans for pictures) and now he is not Crofton. Just as Iger was not Eisner, despite being his hand picked successor, and Staggs not being Rasulo, despite being his boss all the way back to their days at Strategic Planning. Yes, Disneyland Resort has been cleaner since 2005, but does that negate what is new still not being of the depth that made Disneyland a cultural icon? Or the end of things like the Cast Christmas Party? Or screwing over Club 33 members? Disneyland is in a prettier wrapper than in years past, but I think there are still some serious operational, social and artistic issues.
                                      Disneyland/World will always be flawed, no matter how great management gets they'll always have to do some "evil" things or they'll screw up a purchase. Sure they could do a much better job but when you consider some of the concrete still hadn't dried when Disneyland opened there were and there will always be problems with the parks. Sure Disney is huge compared to when Disneyland opened but you can't expect everything to be perfect. I think we should just be happy the worst of the bunch are slowly leaving, like the chipping paint on a badly maintained ride.
                                      Last edited by BandM; 12-24-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• lazyboy97O
                                        враг народа
                                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BandM View Post
                                        Disneyland/World will always be flawed, no matter how great management gets they'll always have to do some "evil" things or they'll screw up a purchase. Sure they could do a much better job but when you consider some of the concrete still hadn't dried when Disneyland opened there were and there will always be problems with the parks. Sure Disney is huge compared to when Disneyland opened but you can't expect everything to be perfect. I think we should just be happy the worst of the bunch are slowly leaving, like the chipping paint on a badly maintained ride.
                                        Huh? Growing pains are not at all comparable to what happens today. And the "worst of the bunch" are who besides a few that have become known without concern for their luetenants that remain, now in charge.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X