• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snacks
    Race Car Driver
    • Jan 2005

Any Tips for the water parks??

There is 28 days left till we go to Orlando .

We will be going to the Water Parks at WDW...... For anyone that has gone is there any advice you can give us for planning the perfect day?

What are the lockers like?

Should we bring sandles? or leave them in the locker?

Towels? in or out of locker?

Places to hit up first in the park? (water park)

Any tips at all would be Wonderful!
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• DLRP_bopazot
    • Mar 2005

wrong forum you should ask to the moderator to move you post . ( No Water Park at Disneyland Paris )
    HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

• innerSpaceman
      Social Imagineer
      • Jan 2005

Hmmm, I guess the weather won't support a water park in northern France. Maybe they could open a version of Blizzard Beach .... with real snow!

(Thread moved to the Walt Disney World forum at O.P.'s request)

Comment

• Snacks
        Race Car Driver
        • Jan 2005

Thank you for moving it
        Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Comment

• PeaJay18
          Diamond In The Rough
          • Jan 2005

The most valuable lesson I learnt at the water parks was to purchase some "swim shoes"
          (if that's the right phrase).
          I didn't think far enough ahead and actually purchased them at Blizzard Beach, but basically they allowed me walk on hot sand, hot concrete, keep my footing against the waves and protect my feet on the flumes.

Essential.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
          Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

• KevinYee
            • Jan 2005

Sandles are nice at Typhoon Lagoon when it's deep summer and the walkways are hot, but I always do without. If it's not summer, you're fine. If it's Blizzard Beach, you're fine, because they spray water on the walkways so much.

Towels are almost never in lockers; people go claim lounge chairs.

Lockers are $7 to rent the small ones; you get $2 in change when you return the key (so it's really $5). I find this worthwhile for keys, wallet, etc. It's use-all-day for one price, so you can return all you want.

Hit first: Crush 'n' Gusher, of course! The more thrilling a slide, the faster it will build up a line. Wave pools and lazy rivers never build up much line.
            Kevin Yee
            MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
            Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
            Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
            Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
            Mouse Trap
            Tokyo Disney Made Easy
            101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
            Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

Comment

• mousepod
              'member?
              • Mar 2005

SUNSCREEN! Several years ago, we spent part of our last WDW day at Blizzard Beach. We were only there for a couple of hours. We sunscreened our usual body parts, and jumped into floats in the "lazy river" for a trip around the park. Any other park (including Typhoon Lagoon), no problem. However, the theming of BB requires lots of white surfaces, and boy oh boy does white reflect! The next day, when we flew home, we were in agony. The tops of our feet, the back of our knees... bad bad burn. I can only imagine how much it would have sucked had we done this at the beginning of our stay...
              Download the latest MousePod - Volume 2 Episode 3

or subscribe via iTunes here

Comment

• Snacks
                Race Car Driver
                • Jan 2005

Thanks for all the great tips everyone.... I have been tanning here for a bit now in the salons........ i am getting very brown but sunscreen never hurts.

So its ok to stake your claim to a chair and your towel stays put?
                which is the best area to stake that claim chair too?? or does it really matter?
                Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Comment

• Keeper
                  Vacation Club Member
                  • Mar 2005

The times we have spent in the water parks, we never had time to lay in the sun, so claiming a chair seems pointless. We are a family of four and have always left the towels with our stuff in the locker. Try to get there at opening because if you wait until 11 or 12 the place is jammed. Go directly to the slides you want to do first, then you can hang out a little more. My family prefers Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach because it seems bigger, tropical, more shade. We always came from up north and so didn't want to see anything that resembled snow! If you want to lay out in the sun, your hotel pool will be more pleasant. There is too much to do in the water parks after spending that kind of money to just lay around. You'll be slidin' fools!! Check out the doughnut stand near the towel and locker rental. My kids love em!!!
                  "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Comment

• AgentXero
                    • Feb 2005

Hey there, hi there, ho there!

Here are some tips from good ol' Agent Xero:

1.) The basics are your friend - Not to repeat much of what others have said, but you do NEED sunscreen (esp. in Florida), some type of footwear allowed on rides/in pools, and a large-freakin'-locker. Let me tell you, the lockers can get filled up with the stuff of just two people, so if you have more than that you might even consider investing in maybe even more than 1 locker!

2.) Bring a change of shirt/clothes. I learned this the hardway when I sat dripping on a WDW bus back to the hotel. Plus, if you're like me and have fair skin (God bless my horrible genetics), then sometimes I wear a shirt while on attractions/in wave pool. I felt better on my second trip when I brought an extra shirt and pair of shorts. I also brought a plastic hotel laundry bag where I put my wet trunks, shirt, and sandals for easy carry. I rode back after my second trip dry and happy.

3.) Invest in the Refill mug - This tip is for those that go to Blizzard Beach (which I perfer). It may be the same at Typhoon Lagoon, but I can't say for sure seeing how I haven't been there. BB sells special mugs that have a barcode on them. If you run out of drink, just find the nearest drink station (there are a few around the park), scan your barcode, and then you may fill it with your choice of beverage. It was nice, simple, and convienient!

4.) The Lazy River is the "monorail" of Blizzard Beach - Here's my craziest tip for those visiting BB. The park may not seem huge, but it is a fairly big water park with rides in all sections of the park, some hidden on the backside of the Summit Plumit (mountain). My friends and I found that not only is the Lazy River actually quite fast moving but it is also a great means of transportation around the park. It has about 5 jump on/off points around the park, meaning if you want to ride the Slush Gusher, which is found on the front side of the park, then you want to ride the Double Drop slide, which is on the other side, just hop onto a tube and let the current take you around to the nearest hop on/off section near the ride you want. Trust me, its fast, fun, and helps when you're tuckered out from frolicking in the water.

Hope this helps...if so, call me Xero, Agent Xero.
                    Member of the 30+ Visits Club

Comment

• Snacks
                      Race Car Driver
                      • Jan 2005

Thanks for the advice.........
                      ........ also there is suposed to be some sort of snorkling pool somewhere at one of the parks......... anyone know anything about this?? Oh and whats the best day of the week (besides the hotone) to visit the water parks??

Thanks everyone!
                      Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Comment

• Keeper
                        Vacation Club Member
                        • Mar 2005

Typhoon Lagoon has a snorkling pool called "Shark Reef". Kids have to be at least 10 yrs old. The equipment was free when we did it but that was back in 2000. I don't know if it still is. The sharks are leopard, nurse and bonehead and are supossed to be "nice guys", but I couldn't help thinking of "the Far Side" cartoons while I was in there.
                        "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Comment

• TDLFAN
                          Banned User
                          • Feb 2005

No one has suggested this but bring a bathing suit. You'll need it. :lol:

Comment

• Mara
                            Look not into the eyes...
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                            No one has suggested this but bring a bathing suit. You'll need it. :lol:
                            I know this was said in jest...

But on the subject of bathing suits, if your a guy and you have a suit with rivets on the pockets ( I guess some girl's suits could have them too), be prepared to get grief or be refused on some of the slides.

Comment

• karliebug
                              • Feb 2005

Definitely wear water shoes or your feet will burn on the hot cement walkways. If you wear sandals or flip flops you have to take them off before going on the slides and then go back and try to find them. Water shoes you can wear in and out of the pools and slides.

Comment

• Snacks
                                Race Car Driver
                                • Jan 2005

Thanks for the advice about water shoes.....

I thought the water parks were nude water parks.... do you have to wear a swim suit?? :lol

any other advice for the water parks..... my time is running out... soon I have to actually pack!
                                Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Comment

• Snacks
                                  Race Car Driver
                                  • Jan 2005

Ok Looks like my counter is running out of time.....

I am almost done packing and cleaning....Thank you to everyone for your park tips.. Should be a wonderful trip

Happy Birthday to Circarama, Cuzco- topia, TinkPink, Big pigletfan, Drama Queen!!!!while I am gone

Cya Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                  Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Comment

• TDLFAN
                                    Banned User
                                    • Feb 2005

Don't forget your bathing suit. You'll need it at the Water Parks.

Comment

• Snacks
                                      Race Car Driver
                                      • Jan 2005

Thanks ........ its packed
                                      Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...