What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DreamfinderFigment
    Banned User
    • Mar 2012

[Chat] What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

What attraction do you wish would come back all restored and refurbished with a remastered and restored soundtrack,modern animatronics and effects,and what do you think of the replacement that's there now?
    I myself miss Journey into Imagination at Disney's EPCOT Center. The ride used to fit so well with the Imagination Pavilion and all the guests loved it. There was no reason to get rid of it. It's a classic. It's like the It's a Small World or The Haunted Mansion to EPCOT Center. You don't mess with the classics. Unfortunately some idiot at Disney Imagineering decided to change it into a cheap,awful abomination that is nothing like the original at all. They obviously didn't think twice on this awful idea of an attraction. The guests were all pissed that try changed it including Michael Eisner. So he ordered to add in Figment. Unfortunatly this didn't work well either. It's basically the same attraction with Figment added in. Fans to this day still complain about it including me. I honestly think the original needs to come back soon. Well, my time's up? What attraction would you like back and what do you think of it's replacement?
  • sbk1234
    formerly very helpful
    • Sep 2007

Re: What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

I think a lot like you, but for me, I'd have to say Horizons. Horizons was, IMHO, the GREATEST DISNEY ATTRACTION EVER. It succeeded every way in transporting the guest to another world. It also succeeded in making people excited about the prospect of the future, and inspired them to try and make it happen.
    What we got back was an attraction which excluded a major part of the audience from riding, due to health concerns. In the end, it was just another simulator. Where Horizons presented the future as a warm, inviting place, Mission Space was a cold, heartless atmosphere which was very uninviting.

The same could also be said for the loss of World of Motion, for that matter.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• DreamfinderFigment
      Banned User
      • Mar 2012

Re: What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
      I think a lot like you, but for me, I'd have to say Horizons. Horizons was, IMHO, the GREATEST DISNEY ATTRACTION EVER. It succeeded every way in transporting the guest to another world. It also succeeded in making people excited about the prospect of the future, and inspired them to try and make it happen.
      What we got back was an attraction which excluded a major part of the audience from riding, due to health concerns. In the end, it was just another simulator. Where Horizons presented the future as a warm, inviting place, Mission Space was a cold, heartless atmosphere which was very uninviting.

Yep I completley agree with that too. Horizons reminded me of a futuristic Jetsons type style Carousel of Progress. Was very cool. Who knows. Maybe Disney will pull theirselves together and bring both of them back

Comment

• toonaspie
        Nutty about Disney parks
        • Aug 2006

El Rio de Tiempo - had a very mystic feel to the ride. The Three Cabelleros ride feels like nothing more than a boat ride where you watch cartoon screens go by. The aspects of the original ride kept in the new version feels out of place or inconsistent.

Mr Toad's Wild Ride - I think this explains itself about what is missed and how people feel about the replacement.

Comment

• Witches of Morva
          Minion
          • Jan 2005

ORWEN: I want back the Mickey Mouse Review. While Mickey's Philharmagic is nice, too, nothing can take the place of all those cute and beautiful animatronics figures they used to have.

Comment

• Disneytwins
            • Oct 2005

I would've loved Horizons. That attraction fascinates me even though I never rode it.
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

• Tootles
              Suspended
              • Jul 2012

Perhaps this isn't the kind of answer you're looking for, considering it isn't a ride through attraction or anything, but I personally miss the original incarnation of the MSEP.

Comment

• gatheringrosebuds
                ~
                • Aug 2012

^ 100% agreed.

Comment

• BandM
                  Bearing with the bears
                  • Dec 2012

I'm leaning towards Horizons, it was part science fiction and part educational, it brought all the different subjects EPCOT was about and put them together, it was a high capacity but still impressively large attraction and it was 100% fun.

Comment

• Krack
                    Banned User
                    • May 2008

In no particular order ...

Journey Into Imagination
                    Original Universe of Energy
                    World of Motion
                    Horizons
                    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
                    Kitchen Kabaret
                    El Rio del Tiempo
                    Alien Encounter
                    Walter Cronkite Spaceship Earth
                    Original Listen to the Land
                    Cranium Command
                    Body Wars
                    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
                    Superstar Television
                    Monster Sound Show
                    Original Backlot Tour

and ... If You Had Wings/Dreamflight - which is the only one on the list that I acknowledge probably needed to be replaced

I also miss the empty spot of pavement in Adventureland where they built the Magic Carpets.

Comment

• redrhino54
                      Junker
                      • Oct 2008

I miss the sky ride, and it was replaced by what? A jonny flusher?

Comment

• toonaspie
                        Nutty about Disney parks
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                        ORWEN: I want back the Mickey Mouse Review. While Mickey's Philharmagic is nice, too, nothing can take the place of all those cute and beautiful animatronics figures they used to have.
                        Speaking of which I barely remember Legend of the Lion King that used to play in the Philharmagic Theater. But watching these old videos, it's hard to believe that it didn't last as long as a show while Voyage of the Little Mermaid is still running at DHS. Personally LotLK is a superior show. It uses more puppetry, has more songs moments, and the only animated fastfoward scene was the final conflict and they even had a nice preshow. TLM covers the first half of the film and then skips to the end with no preshow.

Comment

• sbk1234
                          formerly very helpful
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Krack View Post
                          In no particular order ...

Journey Into Imagination
                          Original Universe of Energy
                          World of Motion
                          Horizons
                          Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
                          Kitchen Kabaret
                          El Rio del Tiempo
                          Alien Encounter
                          Walter Cronkite Spaceship Earth
                          Original Listen to the Land
                          Cranium Command
                          Body Wars
                          20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
                          Superstar Television
                          Monster Sound Show
                          Original Backlot Tour

and ... If You Had Wings/Dreamflight - which is the only one on the list that I acknowledge probably needed to be replaced

I also miss the empty spot of pavement in Adventureland where they built the Magic Carpets.
                          I agree with almost all of this list, too. If we're talking missed empty spaces, I'll add the empty space in DisneyHollywood Studios which is now occupied by a giant sorcorer's hat.

This thread is depressing me.
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• BandM
                            Bearing with the bears
                            • Dec 2012

I agree with almost all of this list, too. If we're talking missed empty spaces, I'll add the empty space in DisneyHollywood Studios which is now occupied by a giant sorcorer's hat.

This thread is depressing me.
                            That made me laugh more then it should have.

Comment

• DreamfinderFigment
                              Banned User
                              • Mar 2012

Ya guys.we need to bring our favorite attractions back. It honestly is sad. Our top priorities would have to be Journey into Imagination and Horizons. If we bring those back then it'll be the better for Epcot and the present and future generations.

Comment

• DreamfinderFigment
                                Banned User
                                • Mar 2012

It's not a laughing matter by any means. We honestly need those back

Comment

• deathcomesarippin
                                  New MiceChatter
                                  • Mar 2011

I agree we should bring back some rides, but with new technology. We shouldnt be held back from advancing and making progress forwards. But with that being said, I want Mr toads wild ride back in replace of whinne the pooh. That was a bad change.

Comment

• BandM
                                    Bearing with the bears
                                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
                                    I agree we should bring back some rides, but with new technology. We shouldnt be held back from advancing and making progress forwards. But with that being said, I want Mr toads wild ride back in replace of whinne the pooh. That was a bad change.
                                    Of course, not upgrading anything is silly, it's like removing Buzz putting back IYHW and reusing old 16mm projectors instead of digital projections. I mean the whole room that was dedicated to controlling the "pick your own ending" in Horizons could be replaced by a small projector and an ARM based computer built into the car.

Comment

• deathcomesarippin
                                      New MiceChatter
                                      • Mar 2011

It would be really awesome to see what the could to older rides with newer technology! It would almost be a whole new ride/experience.

Comment

• Trav1Disney
                                        ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME
                                        • Apr 2008

I miss the skyway
                                        Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X