X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disney Announces Avatarland to open in 2017

Disney’s Kalogridis: Avatar to open in 2017 - Orlando Business Journal

Walt Disney World last week told Orlando Business Journal that its planned new Avatar land at Animal Kingdom will open by summer 2017.In 2011, Disney announced it was developing the land, but gave no other details on rides, shows or a timeline.
    Until now, that is.
    George Kalogridis
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: Disney Announces Avatarland to open in 2017

Wow! 2017? Universal is already working on more Harry Potter and Simpsons expanions and Disney has this opening in 5 yrs. I love Disney but I already see a huge decline for them unless they get something big rolling for next year or 2015 besides the Snow White mine ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
      Wow! 2017? Universal is already working on more Harry Potter and Simpsons expanions and Disney has this opening in 5 yrs. I love Disney but I already see a huge decline for them unless they get something big rolling for next year or 2015 besides the Snow White mine ride.
      Disney always comes out on top, I wouldnt worry =) they will come up with something that will blow anything Universal does out of the water.
      'The Annette Funicello Research Fund' | http://annetteconnection.com/How-to-Help.php - please consider donating today to help fight MS.

Comment

I am really looking forward to this. I know I'm probably the only one who supports the construction of this land. I also know I'm going to be flamed for it. But honestly, I'm not too concerned.

Comment

Any leaked concept art?

Comment

Originally posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
            Disney always comes out on top, I wouldnt worry =) they will come up with something that will blow anything Universal does out of the water.
            When did they out do Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey or The Aazing Adventures of Spider-Man?
            Last edited by lazyboy97O; 05-03-2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Great news, probably be done by the next time we go to Walt Disney World!
              Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Comment

Originally posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
                Sounds very loyalist of you but WDW has shown that just isn't true anymore. If anything you'll get lucky and yet again some other Disney resort will do something that WDW will import a copy of to combat whatever else Universal comes out with.

Comment

/\
                  this.

Comment

In 2017 everyone will wonder WTH is Avitar?
                    DisneyTwins
                    Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                      No need to wait four more years, everyone is wondering WTH is Avatar right now.
                      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Maybe Disney is hoping by pushing it out so far that everyone will think its an original concept.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                          When did they out do Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey or The Aazing Adventures of Spider-Man?
                          Originally posted by almandot View Post
                          Sounds very loyalist of you but WDW has shown that just isn't true anymore. If anything you'll get lucky and yet again some other Disney resort will do something that WDW will import a copy of to combat whatever else Universal comes out with.
                          Personally I don't look at it as a competition. While I enjoyed the Harry Potter books and movies I don't plan on running over to Universal to see what they have done. Visiting other parks has always just felt like I was at a park, Disney on the other hand always feels like I'm in another "world". I really couldn't care much less about what Universal does.

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                          Aren't they making a couple more Avatar movies? I thought I read that some place. If so, it will keep the idea in peoples mind and if the movies are any good peak a bit more interest.

Comment

Booo!
                            It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                            sigpic

Comment

Another reason for me to avoid DAK. Works for me. I'll be over at Epcot and Potterland.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X