Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

    We understand the need for the restrooms due to the Peter Pan restrooms being taken away for a new interactive que.

    But if there was no need for those new restrooms then what would you have liked to see in that space.

    I personally always wanted a Haunted Mansion dining experience next door to the ride. I do get that the space there may be too small for a big dining table service but I still long for a Haunted Mansion restaurant.

    I also would have liked a Haunted Mansion meet and greet area. Jack Skellington, Sally, the lady who sits on the edge of the house during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties, characters from the ride. etc.

    What about you?


  • #2
    Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

    To tell you the truth, I don't think there would be much room for anything there besides what is there now.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

      Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
      To tell you the truth, I don't think there would be much room for anything there besides what is there now.
      I concur. It is a small space. Would have been room for a small eatery or (yet another) meet and greet. I think the bathrooms work well over there. I also like the inclusions of tables and chairs. I honestly think the space was well used especially now that I have seen it with my own eyes. And as someone with a little one, it's a nice space for a bathroom and rest break. The theme'ing is amazing, even if 'just' for a bathroom/rest space. It definitely adds to FL by making the most out of that small bit of space.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

        Keep it Rapunzel themed, add floating lantern skyway to Tomorrowland.
        It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

          Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
          Keep it Rapunzel themed, add floating lantern skyway to Tomorrowland.
          This!
          sigpic
          “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
          but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
          ​I'm blogging here again!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

            I like the Haunted Mansion restaurant idea.
            sigpic

            What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

            Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

              Originally posted by tofubeast View Post
              I concur. It is a small space. Would have been room for a small eatery or (yet another) meet and greet. I think the bathrooms work well over there. I also like the inclusions of tables and chairs. I honestly think the space was well used especially now that I have seen it with my own eyes. And as someone with a little one, it's a nice space for a bathroom and rest break. The theme'ing is amazing, even if 'just' for a bathroom/rest space. It definitely adds to FL by making the most out of that small bit of space.
              I too am rather surprised they didn't squeeze a Rapunzel meet n greet into that area. If we're talking eateries then keeping with the Tangled theme they could have The Snuggly Duckling. I know we already have Gaston's but whatever.

              My second option (had the restrooms not been necessary) would've been a Mary Poppins dark ride.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

                Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
                My second option (had the restrooms not been necessary) would've been a Mary Poppins dark ride.
                no way you could fit that there. you could barely fit the mad tea party on that land.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

                  Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                  Keep it Rapunzel themed, add floating lantern skyway to Tomorrowland.
                  you don't think that would be a bit off thematically to have the lanterns from Tangled floating over Tomorrowland? personally I'm glad the skyway isn't there anymore. its very hard to make something work thematically through two different lands.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

                    ORDDU: From what my sisters and I recently read, the original intent for this area actually WAS to have Rapunzel and Flynn do their meetings and greetings in this area. But plans were forced to change for some complicated reason that's rather too convoluted to explain. But we also don't see that there would be enough room for anything other than the restrooms that are currently there.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

                      Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                      you don't think that would be a bit off thematically to have the lanterns from Tangled floating over Tomorrowland? personally I'm glad the skyway isn't there anymore. its very hard to make something work thematically through two different lands.
                      The buckets themselves could be designed to look relatively ambiguous. To really sell the floating lantern effect, you would want the buckets to illuminate. I'm thinking once the buckets hit the turn to make their way into Tomorrowland the lighting scheme can change to something a bit more futuristic.

                      If that's not possible you could just cover the Tomorrowland skyway station in solar panels and those suns on the buckets would take on a totally different meaning from that perspective.
                      It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

                        Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                        The buckets themselves could be designed to look relatively ambiguous. To really sell the floating lantern effect, you would want the buckets to illuminate. I'm thinking once the buckets hit the turn to make their way into Tomorrowland the lighting scheme can change to something a bit more futuristic.

                        If that's not possible you could just cover the Tomorrowland skyway station in solar panels and those suns on the buckets would take on a totally different meaning from that perspective.
                        its an interesting possibility, still though I'm not a big fan of the concept. obviously if done right it could be exciting idea, however I always thought that the skyway was 'anti magic'. it took you out of the illusion and gave you a different perspective seeing the unthemed roofs and took you out of that belief you were actually in a fantasyland. thats just me though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

                          I agree that it kind of shows the show buildings for what they are and the air conditioners and such on the roof kind of break theme a bit, but it sure is a good way to get across the park without walking.
                          It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

                            Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                            I agree that it kind of shows the show buildings for what they are and the air conditioners and such on the roof kind of break theme a bit, but it sure is a good way to get across the park without walking.
                            that is true, cant deny that. I think the train does a pretty good job too though and fits theme well. the only problem with it is it restricts the boundaries of the park to some extent.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What would you have put in the space that Rapunzel's Restrooms now resides at?

                              I think an actual Tangled meet and greet would have been great. I am puzzled at the message Disney is trying to send us by making the only Tangled themed area in the MK a bathroom....

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X