Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

A Cloned Cars Land Or A "Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides"?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] A Cloned Cars Land Or A "Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides"?

    In recent years, WDW has been cloning quite a few rides from DCA, such as the Little Mermaid, Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Tours: The Adventure Continues, even Soarin' Over California. Now it's reached the point where the East Coast management wants to clone an entire land, i.e., Cars Land - simpoly because it's a popular money maker.

    C'mon WDW managers, let's return to the type of resort character building that made the place the top vacation destination in the world. Is a cloned Cars Land really what Disney's Hollywood Studios needs in the grand scheme of things? Why not experiment with something unique. A DHS land with the name "Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides" would be far more creatively appealing than a cloned Cars Land. What do you, my fellow MiceChatters think?
    24
    Cloned Cars Land
    4.17%
    1
    Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides
    54.17%
    13
    A cross between the too.
    12.50%
    3
    All the above.
    8.33%
    2
    Other....perhaps something more origial athan original
    20.83%
    5
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

    All companies do this, Universal is cloning an 'entire land' just because its a money maker. Thats why Wizarding World is coming to Universal Studios Hollywood. Lets not demonize Disney for doing something that all park companies do.

    With that said, I dont think Carsland is a good fit for DHS. I'd much rather have a Star Warsland there. Carsland works perfectly in DCA because the park is about California and the landscaping as well as the car culture vibe fits that CA theme so flawlessly. But in a studio park? not so much.
    'The Annette Funicello Research Fund' | http://annetteconnection.com/How-to-Help.php - please consider donating today to help fight MS.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

      Originally posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
      Lets not demonize Disney for doing something that all park companies do.
      No one is "demonizing" Disney. People are holding Disney to the same high standards of originality, innovation, ingenuity and imagination that Disney itself set during the first three decades of Disneyland's existence.

      The fact that "everyone else does it" is no excuse for Disney to drop their standards. Their fame was founded on doing it better than everyone else.


      Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
      C'mon WDW managers, let's return to the type of resort character building that made the place the top vacation destination in the world.
      Bingo.
      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

      - Neil Gabler

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

        Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
        The fact that "everyone else does it" is no excuse for Disney to drop their standards. Their fame was founded on doing it better than everyone else.
        And let it be known that it was this type of thinking that brought us DCA 1.0. At the time, the majority of competitor parks weren't like Disney or Universal. They were generic-style amusement park chains that other entertainment companies bought and placed their property likeness on with no real change to the park itself (Warner Bros - Six Flags, Paramount - Cedar Fair). I wouldn't be surprised if those parks were Disney's major influence for justifying the mess they made out of DCA 1.0.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

          Originally posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
          All companies do this, Universal is cloning an 'entire land' just because its a money maker. Thats why Wizarding World is coming to Universal Studios Hollywood. Lets not demonize Disney for doing something that all park companies do.

          With that said, I dont think Carsland is a good fit for DHS. I'd much rather have a Star Warsland there. Carsland works perfectly in DCA because the park is about California and the landscaping as well as the car culture vibe fits that CA theme so flawlessly. But in a studio park? not so much.
          The California-based Cars Land as lousy an idea for a Florida studio park as Soaring Over Californis - it's just a poor state of thematic affairs.

          Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
          No one is "demonizing" Disney. People are holding Disney to the same high standards of originality, innovation, ingenuity and imagination that Disney itself set during the first three decades of Disneyland's existence.

          The fact that "everyone else does it" is no excuse for Disney to drop their standards. Their fame was founded on doing it better than everyone else.




          Bingo.
          Thanks! If WDW management's primary standard is money making alone, perhaps they should create a Money House ride that operates much the same as the Haunted House works; only all of the ghosts and gouls would be replaced with scrooges and lawyers.


          Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
          And let it be known that it was this type of thinking that brought us DCA 1.0. At the time, the majority of competitor parks weren't like Disney or Universal. They were generic-style amusement park chains that other entertainment companies bought and placed their property likeness on with no real change to the park itself (Warner Bros - Six Flags, Paramount - Cedar Fair). I wouldn't be surprised if those parks were Disney's major influence for justifying the mess they made out of DCA 1.0.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

            Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
            And let it be known that it was this type of thinking that brought us DCA 1.0. At the time, the majority of competitor parks weren't like Disney or Universal. They were generic-style amusement park chains that other entertainment companies bought and placed their property likeness on with no real change to the park itself (Warner Bros - Six Flags, Paramount - Cedar Fair). I wouldn't be surprised if those parks were Disney's major influence for justifying the mess they made out of DCA 1.0.
            Yeah, in bulding DCA 1.0 Disney received all of its inspired by the cheap generic rattletrap parks. I'm surpried that Pressler didn't Have a Money Manor - kind of like the Haunted Mansion, only with the ghosts and ghoulies replaced by scrooges and attourneys.
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

              Originally posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
              All companies do this, Universal is cloning an 'entire land' just because its a money maker. Thats why Wizarding World is coming to Universal Studios Hollywood. Lets not demonize Disney for doing something that all park companies do.
              true but universal has also built quite a bit of original material as well. if disney was doing that at all there wouldn't be as many complaints.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

                Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                true but universal has also built quite a bit of original material as well. if disney was doing that at all there wouldn't be as many complaints.
                In all fairness, Disney and Universal have both built a good number of unique attractions. Problem is that both companies have clone-itis when it comes to adding too many of the same attractions to their other parks.
                To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

                  Clones are pretty lazy. They are just the theme park version of movie sequels. It's nothing more than taking something that you know makes money and trying to do it over again to make the same money over again.

                  Creating something new is riskier, but when it works instead of having two great parks that are similar enough that people will just go to whichever is closest, you have two great parks that are different, so people will want to go to both because they offer something different.

                  If Florida gets Radiator Springs Racers, it will just take away the only reason I would ever consider visiting California Adventure.
                  It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

                    Bring on Generic
                    sigpic

                    What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

                    Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

                      Not to stray too much from the main point of the thread, but I just wanted to say this. Let's not forget the reason why attractions crossed coasts, like Soarin going over to WDW. Was to celebrate Disneyland's 50 years of magic.

                      And also I kinda like when they make a duplicate in another park, because it gives them the chance to improve on it or make it better. The queue for Soarin is much better here in Florida than it is in California for starters. And there are quite a few attractions in Magic Kingdom that are better than its originals in Disneyland, like Splash Mountain for one. Although, California's Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters are far better than Florida's.
                      "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

                        I want a cloned carsland with hopes that they will alter and change the main ride so that Disneyland has the original and HS has an updated newer version with different scenes and possibly cars 2 influence in the in house dark ride scenes.

                        The floating tires of course won't make it to HS but I suspect mater's ride will.

                        I suspect people don't want Carsland to come to WDW only due to the fact that it would be a Disneyland resort exclusive but I just don't see that happening. Sharing is caring! There's enough space in the world for 2 Carsland.

                        I mean Harry Potter is getting done twice and no one seems to be in an uproar about that. I've seen people rave that it is coming to USH. I just think once again people are wanting it to be a Disneyland exclusive, almost like giving the Disneyland resort an "edge" over WDW.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

                          Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                          I want a cloned carsland with hopes that they will alter and change the main ride so that Disneyland has the original and HS has an updated newer version with different scenes and possibly cars 2 influence in the in house dark ride scenes.

                          The floating tires of course won't make it to HS but I suspect mater's ride will.

                          I suspect people don't want Carsland to come to WDW only due to the fact that it would be a Disneyland resort exclusive but I just don't see that happening. Sharing is caring! There's enough space in the world for 2 Carsland.

                          I mean Harry Potter is getting done twice and no one seems to be in an uproar about that. I've seen people rave that it is coming to USH. I just think once again people are wanting it to be a Disneyland exclusive, almost like giving the Disneyland resort an "edge" over WDW.
                          Well, they both can't have the main ride. Because if Disney World did, they'd have two versions of Test Track.
                          "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

                            Originally posted by stitchfanocala View Post
                            Well, they both can't have the main ride. Because if Disney World did, they'd have two versions of Test Track.
                            I never really understood that logic. Why can't you use the same ride system for different rides? The Magic Kingdom alone has 3 omnimovers and I haven't heard anyone complaining that Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, and The Little Mermaid are the same ride. Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a Small World are the same as well. Test Track and Radiator Springs wouldn't even be in the same park. I also doubt you'd hear much complaining if The Indiana Jones ride came to DHS because it's the same as Dinosaur.
                            It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: A Cloned Cars Land Or A &quot;Disney Generic Land Of Original Rides&quot;?

                              Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                              I never really understood that logic. Why can't you use the same ride system for different rides? The Magic Kingdom alone has 3 omnimovers and I haven't heard anyone complaining that Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, and The Little Mermaid are the same ride. Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a Small World are the same as well. Test Track and Radiator Springs wouldn't even be in the same park. I also doubt you'd hear much complaining if The Indiana Jones ride came to DHS because it's the same as Dinosaur.
                              That last part is EXACTLY the same thing I said about it when I first rode Dinosaur.
                              "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X