This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Parking

We went to Epcot last week & when we went to park, the attendant grabbed our Annual Pass asked for ID. This has never happened before & I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Re: Parking

While it hasn't happened to me yet I've read that they are indeed checking this more closely than before.

Comment

I was also asked to verify my address once last month.

Comment

Does your pass include parking? I wonder if some folks who know they can't let friends use their APs for actual park admission might be letting friends borrow the passes for free parking. I know it seems like a lot of bother over a $16 fee but I guess if lots of folks are doing it they might be cracking down...
        sigpic
        “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
        but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
        ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

It doesn't happen every time, but every now and then they ask to see my ID when I show them my pass at the toll booths. They're asking for IDs more at the shops too and I say good for them! It helps deter abuse/misuse. It doesn't bother me at all when they ask for ID and I make sure I have it ready just in case ahead of time.

Comment

A box of the AP stock magically vanished and wound up on ebay. They're trying to recover the missing passes. The long term solution will be to start scanning them at all parking toll plazas.
            -Bill

Comment

Ahhhhh! So that's why! Well that makes sense then. Hope they can recover them all but that's going to take a looong time.

Oh well I don't mind them asking me for my ID so...

Comment

Yes, both over the 4th of July week. Asked for ID at MK parking and address at Epcot. On other trips to same parks, no questions, just "welcome back!"
                ~ Erik

Comment

Would you like a tip? If you are only visiting a park or two for one day, park at Downtown Disney and take a bus (or boat) to ANY resort. Then, take another bus (or boat) from the resort to the park. Disney transportation is free and so is parking at DD. And they never ask passes or IDs or room keys or anything.

You're Welcome.

"Once STAR WARS land is built they're replacing STAR TOURS with a Frozen sledding ride. Imagineers agree that I just made that up." - Justin Scarred

Comment

^ Good tip, especially for Magic Kingdom! Trying to get back to Wyndham after July 4th fireworks was crazy.
                    ~ Erik

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
                      Would you like a tip? If you are only visiting a park or two for one day, park at Downtown Disney and take a bus (or boat) to ANY resort. Then, take another bus (or boat) from the resort to the park. Disney transportation is free and so is parking at DD. And they never ask passes or IDs or room keys or anything.

You're Welcome.
                      I don't condone this as it's technically cheating the system. Plus it takes so long to go from bus at DTD to the resort and then take whatever else transportation to the park. Plus what if you're at the park past the time DTD closes? There wouldn't be any busses to take you back there. Just food for thought.

Comment

Here's a better reason not to park there... next year Downtown Disney will be shutting down major parking lots for massive amounts of construction. The traffic won't be worth it.
                        -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Here's a better reason not to park there... next year Downtown Disney will be shutting down major parking lots for massive amounts of construction. The traffic won't be worth it.
                          Not next year-now! One lot is already closed with more closing next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            An even better reason, DON'T cheat the system!!! The reason why Parking and that goes up in prices(well one reason) and why they start cracking down on IDs like the Police is because so many people abuse the system...

anyone know yet are they going to install the pay booths with validation at the new lots at DtD??? Just curious on that part, parking at DtD is always a p.i.t.b.
                            The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                            -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post

You're Welcome.
                              Now, I'm not a local, but I've been there with a car several times, and I've also used the bus and boat system several times, and wouldn't this add HOURS to the time it takes to get to your park? Am I missing a benefit here?
                              Disneyland Cast Member
                              Outdoor Vending
                              1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X