Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Omg yes!!'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #81
    Re: Omg yes!!'

    The most I'll let my imagination commit to is that there'll be a new attraction featuring some elements of the original. But, there are a number of things happening that could, be part of some kind of pattern. There's the long refurb and the closing of Captain EO. There are the constant complaints from parents about nothing for their preschoolers in Future World. I don't know the numbers, but the sales of Figment merch always LOOK brisk among us Gen Xers when I'm there. The Imagination fountain is still a big draw. There was the appearance of the Dreamfinder (was that last year or two years ago?) and now this recreation. I know human brains tend to see patterns even when they're not there, so I'm taking it with the appropriately-sized grain of salt. But it could be the shot in the arm Future World needs.

    Now, a corporate sponsor would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. Apple would be a good fit, since they've made a name for themselves in the creative fields.

    Comment


    • #82
      Re: Omg yes!!'

      Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
      The most I'll let my imagination commit to is that there'll be a new attraction featuring some elements of the original. But, there are a number of things happening that could, be part of some kind of pattern. There's the long refurb and the closing of Captain EO. There are the constant complaints from parents about nothing for their preschoolers in Future World. I don't know the numbers, but the sales of Figment merch always LOOK brisk among us Gen Xers when I'm there. The Imagination fountain is still a big draw. There was the appearance of the Dreamfinder (was that last year or two years ago?) and now this recreation. I know human brains tend to see patterns even when they're not there, so I'm taking it with the appropriately-sized grain of salt. But it could be the shot in the arm Future World needs.

      Now, a corporate sponsor would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. Apple would be a good fit, since they've made a name for themselves in the creative fields.
      Yes that sounds good but I'm still thinking that the best solution to this problem is bringing back the original with all new modern technology, same thing with bringing back the old ImageWorks. It's still there but not open. I know that cause I was there at the imagination ride in person. I'm thinking they could update the old ImageWorks activities with modern technology again. I know it'd be a huge hit for millions of guests old and newcomers. Especially kids. They'd love it. I mean I myself am 14 almost 15 years old and I'm upset I never got to see the original in person due to the year I was born. Instead I had to see Nigel Channing and his open house. I love that Figment's in it but it just isn't the same at all. And it's alot shorter I noticed and most of it is just a bunch of projections & screens. Not even that many animatronics or scenery except the Figment on the phone, the Figment before the upside down house, and the original science room astronaut Figment at the end pointing at that terrifying Nigel Channing moon (aka the moon of nightmares). So that's why me and my family are upset the old one isn't there cause we love watching the YouTube videos but we'd love to he able to ride it in person but because of that stupid honey I shrunk the audience and that Journey Into Your Imagination crap we couldn't. That's why I really hope the old one comes back with modern technology. Even though I'd like a new attraction with Dreamfinder & Figment. Nothing would beat riding the original in person.
      Last edited by DreamfinderFigment; 08-13-2013, 10:34 AM.

      Comment


      • #83
        Re: Omg yes!!'

        Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
        c'mon you two, stop joking around and start taking this seriously. U guys are really starting to annoy me. Go find another thread to post on if your gonna act like clowns. I mean jeez. I don't mind u guys posting your opinion but these jokes are horrendous and not funny. Take them somewhere else please. None of the others find those jokes funny. Seriously guys, stop. It's stupid.
        Actually, a couple of us have found it to be pretty darn funny.

        We'll start taking you seriously when you:

        1. Post like a normal person, with correct grammar and spelling.

        2. Don't act like a 13 year old that has an attention span of 20 seconds.

        3. Understand that we actually like you, we just don't want to get your hopes up, and we hope you listen to us.

        4. That was the first joke I've made ... and even then it was partially true. The 2nd floor of the pavilion IS closed due to the ADA. But everything else I have posted has been true. But don't take the teasing personally. We're all civil here. It's MiceChat.
        -Bill

        Comment


        • #84
          Re: Omg yes!!'

          Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Actually, a couple of us have found it to be pretty darn funny.

          We'll start taking you seriously when you:

          1. Post like a normal person, with correct grammar and spelling.

          2. Don't act like a 13 year old that has an attention span of 20 seconds.

          3. Understand that we actually like you, we just don't want to get your hopes up, and we hope you listen to us.

          4. That was the first joke I've made ... and even then it was partially true. The 2nd floor of the pavilion IS closed due to the ADA. But everything else I have posted has been true. But don't take the teasing personally. We're all civil here. It's MiceChat.
          Don't forget to tell him that there's more to Disney than JUST Dreamfinder and Figment.
          sigpic

          What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

          Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








          Comment


          • #85
            Re: Omg yes!!'

            ORDDU: Well, my sisters and I feel DreamFinderFigment's pain and hope that his dreams for this attraction come true. It's awful when bad decisions are made by bad management at your favorite company on Earth. We were just talking to others out in CA who think he may actually be more accurate in his interpretations than others are willing to believe. After all the many disappointments the Disney company has given us all over the years, it's all too easy to become cynical when someone posts something positive.

            Comment


            • #86
              Re: Omg yes!!'

              Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
              Yes that sounds good but I'm still thinking that the best solution to this problem is bringing back the original with all new modern technology, same thing with bringing back the old ImageWorks. It's still there but not open. I know that cause I was there at the imagination ride in person. I'm thinking they could update the old ImageWorks activities with modern technology again. I know it'd be a huge hit for millions of guests old and newcomers. Especially kids. They'd love it. I mean I myself am 14 almost 15 years old and I'm upset I never got to see the original in person due to the year I was born. Instead I had to see Nigel Channing and his open house. I love that Figment's in it but it just isn't the same at all. And it's alot shorter I noticed and most of it is just a bunch of projections & screens. Not even that many animatronics or scenery except the Figment on the phone, the Figment before the upside down house, and the original science room astronaut Figment at the end pointing at that terrifying Nigel Channing moon (aka the moon of nightmares). So that's why me and my family are upset the old one isn't there cause we love watching the YouTube videos but we'd love to he able to ride it in person but because of that stupid honey I shrunk the audience and that Journey Into Your Imagination crap we couldn't. That's why I really hope the old one comes back with modern technology. Even though I'd like a new attraction with Dreamfinder & Figment. Nothing would beat riding the original in person.
              If you wanna ride the original so much, you should head to Universal. They have a time machine that you can use. Wait....
              sigpic

              What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

              Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








              Comment


              • #87
                Re: Omg yes!!'

                For the people that think I only like Dreamfinder & Figment. That is not true. I love Roger Rabbit, Mickey Mouse & his friends,Winnie the Pooh & his friends, Brer Rabbit,Brer Bear, and Brer Fox,etc. So ya, I know there's more to Disney. Oh ya and should I mention my other favorite Disney attractions are:
                1.Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
                2.Splash Mountain
                3.Captain EO
                4.Space Mountain
                5.The Haunted Mansion
                6.Pirates of the Carribean
                7.Carousel of Progress
                8.Horizons
                and many more.
                So please don't just assume I don't know anything else about Disney.

                Comment


                • #88
                  Re: Omg yes!!'

                  Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                  If you wanna ride the original so much, you should head to Universal. They have a time machine that you can use. Wait....
                  Ya, the Back to the Future attraction isn't there anymore either which also sucks. I also liked the E.T. Attraction too but wait they also got rid of that too! It sucks! I hate when they get rid of classics and replace them with complete crap!
                  Last edited by DreamfinderFigment; 08-13-2013, 03:44 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #89
                    Re: Omg yes!!'

                    Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Actually, a couple of us have found it to be pretty darn funny.

                    We'll start taking you seriously when you:

                    1. Post like a normal person, with correct grammar and spelling.

                    2. Don't act like a 13 year old that has an attention span of 20 seconds.

                    3. Understand that we actually like you, we just don't want to get your hopes up, and we hope you listen to us.

                    4. That was the first joke I've made ... and even then it was partially true. The 2nd floor of the pavilion IS closed due to the ADA. But everything else I have posted has been true. But don't take the teasing personally. We're all civil here. It's MiceChat.
                    Ya THANK YOU for calling me NOT normal and saying I have an attention span of 20 SECONDS!!! YA THATS REALLY NICE TO SAY TO ME ISNT IT??!!! Oh and the jokes, they were NOT FUNNY!! YOU WERE POSTING IT TO MAKE US ANGRY ON PURPOSE! Ya that's not "funny" AT ALL!!! I was trying to be nice to you and the others but if your gonna treat me like an idiot then I'm gonna treat you the same way. Think before you post please!

                    Comment


                    • #90
                      Re: Omg yes!!'

                      Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
                      Ya, the Back to the Future attraction isn't there anymore either which also sucks. I also liked the E.T. Attraction too but wait they also got rid of that too! It sucks! I hate when they get rid of classics and replace them with complete crap!
                      E.T. is still in Florida.
                      sigpic

                      What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

                      Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








                      Comment


                      • #91
                        Re: Omg yes!!'

                        I remember seeing a recreation like this at the cast presentations on epcots 30th last october, its nice that they got a chance to show it to the general public.

                        Comment


                        • #92
                          Re: Omg yes!!'

                          Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                          That's the one. I'm pretty sure that's not Ron, but this guy is really good too.
                          That was Steve Taylor playing Dreamfinder at the Expo. He played him at the parks after Ron Schneider left the role. Steve also played the role longer. While I'm more partial to Ron (especially since I met him last year), Steve was also really good.

                          Oh and I know the REAL reason they're closing the pavilion next year... They're adding a LOOP.

                          :mob:

                          Comment


                          • #93
                            Re: Omg yes!!'

                            Originally posted by aimster View Post
                            That was Steve Taylor playing Dreamfinder at the Expo. He played him at the parks after Ron Schneider left the role. Steve also played the role longer. While I'm more partial to Ron (especially since I met him last year), Steve was also really good.

                            Oh and I know the REAL reason they're closing the pavilion next year... They're adding a LOOP.

                            :mob:
                            What the heck do you mean by loop???

                            Comment


                            • #94
                              Re: Omg yes!!'

                              Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
                              Ya THANK YOU for calling me NOT normal and saying I have an attention span of 20 SECONDS!!! YA THATS REALLY NICE TO SAY TO ME ISNT IT??!!! Oh and the jokes, they were NOT FUNNY!! YOU WERE POSTING IT TO MAKE US ANGRY ON PURPOSE! Ya that's not "funny" AT ALL!!! I was trying to be nice to you and the others but if your gonna treat me like an idiot then I'm gonna treat you the same way. Think before you post please!
                              i assure you it was pretty clear that was not his intention. he said exactly what he intended in his post. I admire your passion for the original version but your fervor is getting to the point of spam right now. by the way, who is us?....

                              Comment


                              • #95
                                Re: Omg yes!!'

                                Originally posted by danyoung View Post
                                I think your love of the original attraction is clouding your memory.


                                Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
                                Well look what happened, Journey Into Your Imagination. That ride sucked. Journey Into Imagination With Figment. That one was ok but not as good as the old one.


                                DreamfinderFidment on 03-27-2013 posts:
                                [News] Re: Disney bans solo kids under 14 at U.S. parks

                                What?! That's crazy! I'm 14 myself and I find that ridiculous. Sigh.. Why does everyone else my age have to be so idiotic

                                Journey into Imagination (1983-2000)
                                Journey into Your Imagination (2000-2002)
                                Journey into Your Imagination With Figment (2002-present)


                                2013 - 14 = 1999
                                aka I don't think a one year old would remember how good the original was nor the second reincarnation

                                Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                                thanks dan for stating what the more realistic of us have been thinking in a well thought out to the point post.

                                Comment


                                • #96
                                  Re: Omg yes!!'

                                  Originally posted by ysbab View Post




                                  DreamfinderFidment on 03-27-2013 posts:
                                  [News] Re: Disney bans solo kids under 14 at U.S. parks

                                  What?! That's crazy! I'm 14 myself and I find that ridiculous. Sigh.. Why does everyone else my age have to be so idiotic

                                  Journey into Imagination (1983-2000)
                                  Journey into Your Imagination (2000-2002)
                                  Journey into Your Imagination With Figment (2002-present)


                                  2013 - 14 = 1999
                                  aka I don't think a one year old would remember how good the original was nor the second reincarnation


                                  I first discovered the ride on YouTube from the Journey Into Imagination- Ultimate Tribute video and I loved it! I thought that one day I'd be able to see it! I had no idea it closed till I looked up more about it and then I was very upset that it closed . So ya, stop making freaking stupid guesses! It's making me mad! I told u guys earlier that I'm sad I never got to see it in person. But no u guys think that I'm an idiot and that I don't know anything about the original attraction. Wow that's just pathetic! Oh ya and btw, I'm 14 almost 15 and was born 1998. Not 1999.
                                  Last edited by DreamfinderFigment; 08-14-2013, 06:50 AM.

                                  Comment


                                  • #97
                                    Re: Omg yes!!'

                                    Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                                    i assure you it was pretty clear that was not his intention. he said exactly what he intended in his post. I admire your passion for the original version but your fervor is getting to the point of spam right now. by the way, who is us?....

                                    +1...

                                    as stated time and time again, the original attraction was a one of a kind, and the newer version kinda pale in comparison to the grand scale and theme of the original, however I doubt we will see it rehashed again as the original just with updated tech, It will probably involve Figment(if only just because his merchandise sells so well) but I seriously doubt you'll see a modern copy, I actually want something new and original in that place and not advertising motivated, but we'll see...
                                    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                                    -George S. Patton

                                    Comment


                                    • #98
                                      Re: Omg yes!!'

                                      Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                                      i assure you it was pretty clear that was not his intention. he said exactly what he intended in his post. I admire your passion for the original version but your fervor is getting to the point of spam right now. by the way, who is us?....
                                      Us is the group of fans of the original Journey Into Imagination.

                                      Comment


                                      • #99
                                        Re: Omg yes!!'

                                        Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
                                        +1...

                                        as stated time and time again, the original attraction was a one of a kind, and the newer version kinda pale in comparison to the grand scale and theme of the original, however I doubt we will see it rehashed again as the original just with updated tech, It will probably involve Figment(if only just because his merchandise sells so well) but I seriously doubt you'll see a modern copy, I actually want something new and original in that place and not advertising motivated, but we'll see...
                                        I like this idea aswell. If the original with all modern technology can't come back then make a new attraction with Dreamfinder & Figment but with the same concept.

                                        Comment


                                        • Re: Omg yes!!'

                                          Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
                                          I first discovered the ride on YouTube from the Journey Into Imagination- Ultimate Tribute video and I loved it! I thought that one day I'd be able to see it! I had no idea it closed till I looked up more about it and then I was upset. So ya, stop making freaking stupid guesses! It's making me mad! I told u guys earlier that I'm sad I never got to see it in person. But no u guys think that I'm an idiot and that I don't know anything about the original attraction. Wow that's just pathetic! Oh ya and btw, I'm 14 almost 15 and was born 1998. Not 1999.
                                          Who's calling you an idiot??? Most people are just saying to calm down things may not turn out like you like, and they don't want you to get "pissed off"

                                          quick sidebar: after rewatching the Original JII does it seem like it's a LSD trip to anyone else??? I watched it on YouTube just in case I remember it differently but that's what it seems like, what do you guys think? Or am I just crazy???

                                          and no that's not knocking the original ride(I enjoyed it every time I went on it, from 1987 till it closed) it justs watching it on video again after all these years that's what it seems like to me...
                                          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                                          -George S. Patton

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X