Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Omg yes!!'

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DreamfinderFigment
    started a topic News Omg yes!!'

Omg yes!!'

Ok so I have Journey Back Into Imagination liked on Facebook. And then I saw this video that was hosted by D23 expo where They showed this whole recreation of Journey Into Imagination (original) for the audience. could this mean something good for Imagination?? I sure hope so! If so I'm very excited! this could mean the return of Dreamfinder & Figment hopefully!

• goofy donald
    replied
    Re: Omg yes!!'

Originally posted by Semiquaver View Post
    JII did not close because of Honey I Shrunk the Audience. It closed due to politics and money. These themselves are not necessarily bad things. That's often how things get done or improved. The solution of Journey into Your Imagination was terrible.
    that and i will take Honey I Shrunk the Audience over Captain EO any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Commander Corn
    replied

Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    That video game has nothing to do with Journey Into Imagination. What it actually all means is there may be plans in bringing back the original version with modern technology
    Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Ugh... Again, half life doesn't have anything to do with any Disney attraction especially Journey Into Imagination. Half Life is a video game and has nothing to do with any of this.
    good lord, this is honestly one of the funniest threads i've read online in a while. sorry if this leads to a lock but kid, you really gotta get a hold of yourself here. we're all glad you're a JII fan, and as others have said your enthusiasm can be sometimes taken as uh.... "inspiring" but please don't join an internet forum until you learn how to successfully communicate with people. i don't really blame you, believe it or not i used to be just like you, when i was even younger than your age, on another Disney Parks forum even. i just hope when you've grown up you can take a look at your account and see how ridiculous you are. unfortunately, we're all going to have to get used to this kind of behavior x10 as we're gonna be seeing nothing but more of this kind of stuff as the next generation of kids begin using the internet from the cradle.

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Actually, a couple of us have found it to be pretty darn funny.

We'll start taking you seriously when you:

1. Post like a normal person, with correct grammar and spelling.

2. Don't act like a 13 year old that has an attention span of 20 seconds.

3. Understand that we actually like you, we just don't want to get your hopes up, and we hope you listen to us.

4. That was the first joke I've made ... and even then it was partially true. The 2nd floor of the pavilion IS closed due to the ADA. But everything else I have posted has been true. But don't take the teasing personally. We're all civil here. It's MiceChat.
    thank you. sorry if this leads to a lock or something but man i couldn't take it anymore.

Leave a comment:

• DreamfinderFigment
    replied

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I've told u this before but I found this really awesome when I heard it. So one day I was telling my grandmother that the voice of Figment was Billy Barty in the original ride. And she asked "Billy Barty?". I said, "ya Billy Barty, he was a short little guy and he did the voice for Figment". Then She told me she actually got to meet him a couple of times because he was one of her co-worker's friends. She told me he was a really nice guy and that she never knew he was the voice of Figment till I told her. I was pretty happy to hear that and it sure made my day. Just thought I'd share that little story with you guys. I found it really interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Semiquaver
    replied

JII did not close because of Honey I Shrunk the Audience. It closed due to politics and money. These themselves are not necessarily bad things. That's often how things get done or improved. The solution of Journey into Your Imagination was terrible.

The turntable wasn't damaged to the point of being unusable, but due to the design the upkeep was ridiculous. The rail would tear itself out of the ground regularly due to the weight. In its heyday, JII had on staff more maintenance than any other attraction. A good number of this staff was on the turntable, but mostly the special effects required a lot of attention. Especially the hundreds of projectors. That all adds up to a lot of money.

DreamfinderFigment, you're childlike enthusiasm for the attraction is very much like Figment himself. However, you should relax. You're young, and maybe new to forums. When you create a thread, it's like starting a discussion. People will talk, agree, disagree, banter, etc. People like to joke in general, and it is not at your expense. The mods will take care of things that get out of hand, if things actually get out of hand. But let the thread happen, and let everyone have there say without getting upset. If you feel yourself getting hot under the collar, don't post, walk away. Come back with a clear head and be open to new things. Most importantly, Have Fun!

Leave a comment:

• DreamfinderFigment
    replied

Originally posted by CyberSpace View Post
    That wonderful film of Journey Into Imagination was the Original show at WDW. It ran forever and was so popular that it always had lines. At some point Disney decided to "freshen it up". It was closed for some time and when it came back, DreamFinder and his ride was gone. They destroyed the turntable which the Dreamfinder and Figment rode the blimp on to be replaced by more mundane scenes. The absence of Dreamfinder is over bearing if you are familiar with the old attraction. When the "Refreshed" Journey attraction came back, much of the interactive attractions for the kids was closed down.
    You can still see part of the frame that DreamFinder and Figment rode on in one of the stores at WDW Disney Village.
    If they were to indeed recreate the original version of Journey, It would be incredible to see again however, after they realized that the new and improved Journey was less entertaining than the original, it was too late because the platform could not be rebuilt.
    This from an article from the web.
    I hope you are right and it comes back, but I don't think the possibility is likely.
    Hi guys, sorry for getting so mad at a couple individuals on here but it really did anger me. I've now calmed down and would like to say thanks Cyber Space for posting your post. I'm very upset that the original attraction closed and I didn't like the second version. The third one is ok but it didnt feel the same to me as the old one. It felt very empty and was pretty short and didn't have that same spark the old one did. also dont even get me started on that dreadful second version. That was horrendous and honestly made my blood boil watching it. Also I did see the Dreamcatching machine in the MouseGear store while i was at Epcot. It was so awesome being able to see it in person. Was alot larger then I thought it was. Also I saw the old ImageWorks staircase and i wanted to go up there so bad but it was closed. Sigh... Oh well too bad. Wish Honey, I shrunk the audience (the worst 3d show ever made) was never put there or none of this would've ever happened. They would've kept it the same and I would've been able to see my Dreamfinder & Figment ride I'd been waiting to see in person for a couple years now ever since I discovered it on the ultimate tribute video on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Sapphire-Light
    replied

Originally posted by CyberSpace View Post
    That wonderful film of Journey Into Imagination was the Original show at WDW. It ran forever and was so popular that it always had lines. At some point Disney decided to "freshen it up". It was closed for some time and when it came back, DreamFinder and his ride was gone. They destroyed the turntable which the Dreamfinder and Figment rode the blimp on to be replaced by more mundane scenes. The absence of Dreamfinder is over bearing if you are familiar with the old attraction. When the "Refreshed" Journey attraction came back, much of the interactive attractions for the kids was closed down.
    You can still see part of the frame that DreamFinder and Figment rode on in one of the stores at WDW Disney Village.
    If they were to indeed recreate the original version of Journey, It would be incredible to see again however, after they realized that the new and improved Journey was less entertaining than the original, it was too late because the platform could not be rebuilt.
    I hope you are right and it comes back, but I don't think the possibility is likely.
    Agree, for what I undestand in previous articles and post, wasen't the original version butchered because of the highly damaged turntable and not because of the lines? and them beeing to cheap to repair it.

I wish to see the original again sadly it would be hard to happen, unless someone is interestead in trying to get another hit like pirates and makes a movie, knowing them they would try to use Johnny Depp as the Dreamfinder LOL :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I wonder why they would tantalize the audience with such a presentation, if there was no thought about bringing it back. Perhaps to gage audience response to see if they should pursue it further? I've learned never to get too excited about things like this. Still, here's hoping.
    They did this because D23 has nothing to do with the rest of the company, nor does it get approval from the other units of the company for every tiny little thing it does. Don't take anything from the D23 presentations other than what actually happened. Reading in to anything would not be a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• CyberSpace
    replied

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I wonder why they would tantalize the audience with such a presentation, if there was no thought about bringing it back. Perhaps to gage audience response to see if they should pursue it further? I've learned never to get too excited about things like this. Still, here's hoping.

Leave a comment:

• poohmeg
    replied

Thank you so much to whoever decided to feature this thread in the weekly roundup - this has been the most entertaining reading I've had in some time! And the "Figment Newtons" are just the icing (rimshot).

Leave a comment:

• ttintagel
    replied

Maybe Nabisco would sponsor the pavilion, and start a new line of Figment Newton cookies! I'd eat 'em!

"I can get all these seeds out from between my teeth - with my imagination!"

I don't know if any of you follow the EPBOT blog, but they're fans of Figment, and a recent entry featured a piece of Figment/Dalek mashup art that might be making it to T-shirt form soon. I know I'll be getting one if it does! imaginate!

EPBOT: Week's Best 6/21/13

Leave a comment:

• NorwayPavilion
    replied

If I may jump in here for a moment, why does it seem like everything now has to be geared to preschoolers, the original attractions use to be geared towards all ages and families, Epcot is already quickly becoming Tooncot!
    The Disney Channel cartoon is not the answer for a new Imagination, we will have another american idol on our hands with something that has run its course, gone stale, and no longer popular within five years.

Even though we dont know exactly what the plan is, its sounding like if the pavilion closes in January it may remain closed for a long time,,,Id hate to see this go the way of Wonders of Life but I fear that could be the case. TDO is looking to not have to pay running costs in this location, from what I was told, doesnt mean the person is correct. They may say temporary but we know the track record of that term. Its sounding more like that there are plans for EO, but not so much for the ride at least not for awhile. Lets hope that turns out to be false. No one truly seems to know, they are either being very tight lipped about it or they have no plan but to just shutter it for the forseeable. Which for me would make me done with the park. Its time they step up and start using some Imagination. Of course a sponsor would best, but that potential deal fell through awhile back.

Leave a comment:

• goofy donald
    replied

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
    Maybe we should lock this thread before it gets out if hand. Again.
    agreed. hopefully we can just leave it at this so we don't constantly see the same thread coming up over and over again:

1) It is highly likely if not a near certainty that the original attraction is not coming back

2) the majority of us would like to see dream finder and figment in the future of the pavilion

3) we all would be simply happy to see something new that is an improvement on what is currently there and gives us a reason to head to Orlando in the near future

anything outside of these simple truths is silly speculation and we should just wait and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• DreamfinderFigment
    replied

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
    Yes your right.

Leave a comment:

• LordVader
    replied

Last edited by LordVader; 08-14-2013, 09:02 AM. Reason: You can't lick a thread

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X