Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Over this weekend the MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Omg yes!!'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Omg yes!!'

    Ok so I have Journey Back Into Imagination liked on Facebook. And then I saw this video that was hosted by D23 expo where They showed this whole recreation of Journey Into Imagination (original) for the audience. could this mean something good for Imagination?? I sure hope so! If so I'm very excited! this could mean the return of Dreamfinder & Figment hopefully!

  • #2
    Re: Omg yes!!'

    For those of you who haven't seen the video yet, feast your eyes on this! : 'Journey Into Imagination' Recreated at D23 Expo - YouTube

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Omg yes!!'

      Don't get too excited. I'm pretty sure they've shown this at other D23 events.

      Previously the video recreation that was making rounds with D23 was for Western River Expedition. We still don't have that either.
      "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Omg yes!!'

        Ya but with the rumor of the new ride closing January 2014, maybe it'll come back!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Omg yes!!'

          I wonder why they would tantalize the audience with such a presentation, if there was no thought about bringing it back. Perhaps to gage audience response to see if they should pursue it further? I've learned never to get too excited about things like this. Still, here's hoping.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

          No matter where you go, there you are.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Omg yes!!'

            And the best part is, Tony Baxter hosted this presentation! This is why I think the old one will be coming back! U guys remember when Dreamfinder & figment sang with Richard Sherman that other time. And remember when they started releasing Dreamfinder & Figment pins,shirts,etc. quite recently. Seems like quite a coincidence. That's why I strongly believe the old one will come back with all new technology for every generation before,now,and after to enjoy all as a family.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Omg yes!!'

              Can someone post the video of Dreamfinder meeting with people on the show floor?
              sigpic

              What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

              Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Omg yes!!'

                I think the signs are pretty much clear. I can hear Dreamfinder saying: "DR. NIGEL CHANNING!!! YOU'RE FIRED!!!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Omg yes!!'

                  I think they're doing merchandise and presentations on this because there's a lot of interest in the subject. They just needed something that people were interested in.


                  Merchandise-wise, they just put out what people look for. It's a whole strategy. If people will buy it, make it.
                  DisneyTwins
                  Since May 2003

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Omg yes!!'

                    Originally posted by edward1978 View Post
                    I think the signs are pretty much clear. I can hear Dreamfinder saying: "DR. NIGEL CHANNING!!! YOU'RE FIRED!!!"
                    Me Too man! Me too!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Omg yes!!'

                      If they bring back the old Journey Into Imagination I will be beyond happy! Me and my little sister would love that so much! We've been waiting for years to see the old ride come back and maybe now.. Just maybe... Just maybe.. It will!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Omg yes!!'

                        They are not bringing back the old Journey into Imagination.
                        -Bill

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Omg yes!!'

                          Yes they are! If they were not then why the heck would they have this whole presentation, have Dreamfinder & Figment on stage with Richard Sherman that one time, start selling Dreamfinder & Figment stuff all the sudden etc. see what I'm saying. I think they're gonna try and bring back the original using modern technology. Yes I know u don't like that idea but I strongly believe they will.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Omg yes!!'

                            Also more proof. Take a look at this. Even Tony Baxter says when he gets his award. He says "when will we bring Dreamfinder Back?" And everyone starts cheering. Hmm... And then Rober Iger said "Figment won't be leaving anytime soon. I promise". Ya I guys I don't think they're gonna get rid of him. That's why I think they're gonna bring back the old one. If u need proof, here:
                            Last edited by DreamfinderFigment; 08-11-2013, 12:40 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Omg yes!!'

                              ORDDU: The way the original Journey to Imagination was ruined was one of the most incredibly stupid things the company ever did. Shortening the track to save money and then wasting money to create something that nobody even likes? They really should admit they were wrong and bring back something that even surpasses the original.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Omg yes!!'

                                Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
                                Yes they are! If they were not then why the heck would they have this whole presentation, have Dreamfinder & Figment on stage with Richard Sherman that one time, start selling Dreamfinder & Figment stuff all the sudden etc. see what I'm saying. I think they're gonna try and bring back the original using modern technology. Yes I know u don't like that idea but I strongly believe they will.
                                No, you really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. It's not that I don't like the idea, (I actually love it) it's just that it's not happening.

                                Consider the facts:

                                -The Legends Awards are not censored by the company. He could have asked Iger when he was going to step down and it would have been okay. His jib to Iger about Dreamfinder was just because "he could."

                                -Tony specifically asked to have Dreamfinder and Figment (And Vader was there because of Star Tours) as his characters for presenting his Legends award to him.

                                -Iger's comments about Figment not going anywhere are true. As I've mentioned before, all the concepts for replacement still include Figment.

                                -The presentation with Richard Sherman and Dreamfinder and Figment at that Destination D in Florida was done with no involvement from any other unit from the company. It was done as a "final goodbye" for the fans.

                                You need to not get so worked up over this. You post nothing except Dreamfinder and Figment posts about imagination. I know you are obsessed with this and I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but you really just need to let it go and tone it down.
                                -Bill

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Omg yes!!'

                                  Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                  No, you really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. It's not that I don't like the idea, (I actually love it) it's just that it's not happening.

                                  Consider the facts:

                                  -The Legends Awards are not censored by the company. He could have asked Iger when he was going to step down and it would have been okay. His jib to Iger about Dreamfinder was just because "he could."

                                  -Tony specifically asked to have Dreamfinder and Figment (And Vader was there because of Star Tours) as his characters for presenting his Legends award to him.

                                  -Iger's comments about Figment not going anywhere are true. As I've mentioned before, all the concepts for replacement still include Figment.

                                  -The presentation with Richard Sherman and Dreamfinder and Figment at that Destination D in Florida was done with no involvement from any other unit from the company. It was done as a "final goodbye" for the fans.

                                  You need to not get so worked up over this. You post nothing except Dreamfinder and Figment posts about imagination. I know you are obsessed with this and I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but you really just need to let it go and tone it down.
                                  It's just a coincidence with all this stuff happening though. Imagination (the current one) maybe closing January 2014. All this Journey Into Imagination With Dreamfinder & Figment stuff at D23??? It seems like quite a coincidence. And yes, I'm interested in other things too such as another favorite attraction of mine that's still around to this very day, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. So ya I have other interests. Only reason why I posted "this" is because it's new news about Dreamfinder & Figment. That's the only reason why. If it didn't happen then I would've never posted it in the first place.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Omg yes!!'

                                    Originally posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
                                    And the best part is, Tony Baxter hosted this presentation! This is why I think the old one will be coming back! U guys remember when Dreamfinder & figment sang with Richard Sherman that other time. And remember when they started releasing Dreamfinder & Figment pins,shirts,etc. quite recently. Seems like quite a coincidence. That's why I strongly believe the old one will come back with all new technology for every generation before,now,and after to enjoy all as a family.
                                    Lad, if or when, they bring back the original, I hope they invite you and your sister to be in the front seat of the first ride through it !! Don't lose your zest for this attraction, its inspiring !!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Omg yes!!'

                                      Sad to say, as much as I'd LOVE to see the original come back, I'm very cynical about it happening. I hope I'm wrong. It was truly a masterpiece! This reminds me of when they were "redoing" Test Track back into World of Motion. We wanted it, but even though it was improved, we didn't get our original back.
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                                      No matter where you go, there you are.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Omg yes!!'

                                        I'm sure the original won't come back, but perhaps Dreamfinder will in a different way...?
                                        Do do do do do do dodododododo!

                                        -My Electrical Parade Impersonation

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X