This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Sink hole at resort near WDW

How would you like a sunken vacation experience? This unfortunate event happened at Summer Bay Resort near WDW.

'I have a bad feeling': Resort guests barely escape as 40-foot sinkhole opens up near Disney World - U.S. News

Another sink hole story from 1998 near the exit ramp on 1-4.

Sinkhole At Disney Exit Ramp Off I-4 Is Repaired - Orlando Sentinel

Re: Sink hole at resort near WDW

First there's the man who was swallowed up in his own home, then there's the resort being pulled under. Florida's ground is becoming unstable as the land beneath is being sucked dry of their water, and more and more sinkholes start appearing. Does anyone know how stable the ground under WDW is currently? That would be absolutely horrific news if one were to appear on the WDW property, or worse, somewhere in one of their parks with their high concentration of people and attractions.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

^ I hope I never live to see something like that happen.
      sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
        ^ I hope I never live to see something like that happen.
        Same here ! A couple years ago, a friend was returning home from work, in Plant City, and his road was blocked off. He parked, walked to his house, only to see that his neighbors house was sucked into a hole. Its happening a lot more often.

Comment

If I remember right, there was a sink hole at the MK parking lot many years ago (and was repaired) and of course the infamous one under the Odyssey at Epcot (which too was repaired). Sinkholes can happen anywhere, anytime in any country, state or town.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
            Sinkholes can happen anywhere, anytime in any country, state or town.
            Yes, but there is a much higher chance when you build on top of "swampland" like a lot of Florida is.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
              Sinkholes can happen anywhere, anytime in any country, state or town.
              Perfect. Can we order one for CA and have it open under Innoventions?
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

ORDDU: It isn't just Florida that's having a rash of sink hole activity. Over in Russia there have been quite a few lately. The state of Kansas has a big one that opened up a couple of weeks ago in a field. Fortunately there were no structures nearby.

ORWEN: Then there's a really big one in Louisiana that opened up a year ago was the size of 3 football fields at one point and it's still growing. A lot of people have been evacuated from the area. But for some reason the news media isn't saying anything about it.

ORDDU: There was another sink hole in California that swallowed up an entire neighborhood. I don't recall if it was in San Francisco or Sacramento--but one of those two.

ORGOCH: The world ain't safe no more. An' I blame my big fat sister fer the cause a most of the dang sink holes. Her weight, alone, is 'nuff ta make this planet unstable.

(Sounds of whacks and smacks followed by low groans...)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X